July 2017 Moms

Third time moms and more

this pregnancy was a huge shocker for us. We were on the fence for #4 for a long time but decided we were happy at 3. Obviously, we are excited to be adding another-- but you know comedian who said "you know what it's like having a 4th child? Imagine you're drowning and someone hands you a baby"

thats how how I feel! I've been so overwhelmed with my 3, school, activities, church responsibilities, my oldest has ADD and mild sensory issues and it takes lots of effort daily for lots of things, we are living in a rental and having a home built and it won't be really til 2 weeks before baby comes at best case scenario and I'll be having a c section. Timing def wasn't the best for us, but obviously with 3 I'm used to things not going as planned

Re: Third time moms and more

• I'm not sure what you're going for here. I'm sorry you feel like this, maybe you can post this in the mental health thread or maybe randoms? There's always someone else that feels like this.

• I add it there, thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • You got this, a lot of us are overwhelmed with one. But I also wanted to mention houses get delayed ALOT! Our neighbors finally were able to move in 2 months after their initial move in date and they still have builders coming to finish up stuff. So keep an open mind that you may not move in until after baby is here. Fingers crossed that they will finish early! 
  • @morgarita I know builders sometimes take longer...our home was supposed to be started in oct/nov and the design process has been a nightmare. The home we are renting, the owners return end of July....so we need to be out! They served a mission for a year from aug to aug and it just worked out that we needed a rental for that time frame. They may be a little flexible bc they have a few kids that live in the area that maybe they would be willing to stay with, but timing just SUCKS for the one. I'm really stressing over it. 
  • I'd be stressing too. Our new neighbors were actually assholes when I first met them. They told me how building a house would only take 3 months, very rudely like I didn't know. So when they finally moved in two months late I was like take that jerks, don't treat me like an idiot bc I'm 10 years younger and already have our house. 
  • Congrats on baby # 4! I know timing for these things can totally suck sometimes, but everything will fall right into place (with some work and planning of course). Oh, and my dad raised 4 daughters by himself, and he seriously never complained once...so if a single guy can do it, you definitely can too! 
  • I'm a FTM lurking, but actually I can relate on the sucky timing thing. This baby was NOT planned (although we're thrilled to be having it) but my husband didn't have a paying job (he's working on breaking into his field and works freelance, but they only pay when the project is complete, and they can be years long projects), my job was modeling and traveling, we were supposed to move across the country this Spring, my husband was going to go to school to be an EMT as a back up job until his career took off, and my husbands extremely expensive, needed for his career laptop broke like a week or so before we got the BFP. I had to quit my job, he had to find a job immediately, we have to stay here until the baby is born because my insurance is stuck inside of this state, and all of our plans for moving and jobs are completely shot. The "plan" was for him to get into his career and for me to be a SAHM when we had kids. I have no idea if I will be able to do that at all with this baby, and it's making me feel guilty all the time. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • We're having a very unexpected number 4- my oldest is being tested for mild add and is 6- then were going to end up with 3 under 2.5. We've been looking for the last two years for a house in a specific area with no luck... I feel the stress!!! 
  • @kerils the one thing I've learned as a parent is that there is no plan but the one that takes place at the moment in time. With kids, plan for plans to not go as planned
  • @kerils it totally cut off the rest of my comment! 
    Maube this was the road meant for you to be on. I believe everything happens for a reason and sometimes we see why and sometimes we don't. You'll be an awesome mom whether you can stay home or not! That doesn't define the kind of mother you are. I know lots of moms who worked with their first, had another and got to stay home. Financially depending where you live childcare doesn't make sense after have 2, or more. 
  • You are not alone! I have a 12 yo and a 14 yo and am 45 . . . Was not expecting a baby! We need a new house, I need a work at home job, and we are totally starting over. When my first was born, our house was being built and wasn't ready until 2 weeks after he was born. Hopefully your house will be available as long as you need it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • megandchasemegandchase member
    edited January 2017
    You are not alone in your stress but it'll work out and hopefully you have some friends that can help move. We are in a similar situation. This is #3 and it was a big surprise. LO 1 is 3 and LO2 just turned one we were not planning for a third for awhile. Timing for us couldn't be worse. My husband graduates med school the end of May and we won't know where we are going for residency until mid March but it will for sure be out of state possible across country. We will move second week of June when school ends for me (teacher) and my husband will start 60 hour residency work weeks the week I'm due. I stressed and freaked out for the first few weeks about all this after I found out I was pregnant but I've finally come to peace that whatever happens happens and we will make it work. I will also have a scheduled csection and will have to find a ob to take me on at 36weeks. With lo1 we moved half way across the US when he was 4 weeks old and I had to find a new ob to do my postnatal appointment after my csection. It all worked out and one sure this time will too! Good luck!