Babies on the Brain
Options

Weekly Chatter for the week of January 3

Hello Ladies! 
I thought I try to get us going  :)
What's going on with you this week? Looking forward to or dreading anything?
What is one thing you hope to get accomplished this week?

Re: Weekly Chatter for the week of January 3

• Options
    I am thinking this post would be better on a Monday so maybe I will remember to do it next Monday. 

What's going on with you this week? Not too much so far hit the outlet mall and a LLR pop up yesterday, today I have to get some stuff straightened out for grad school. 
     Looking forward to or dreading anything? Ugh. Winter break has been glorious but today is the last day so back to work I go tomorrow  :'(
    What is one thing you hope to get accomplished this week? Get all my school stuff straight so I don't have to stress anymore about it. 
  • Options

Hello Ladies! 
    I thought I try to get us going  :)
    What's going on with you this week? Looking forward to or dreading anything?
    Hi!
     What's going on with you this week? Nothing much, normal play dates and story time with the girls this week and DD1 goes back to school tomorrow 
     Looking forward or dreading anything? Nothing really
     What's one thing you had to get accomplished this week? Eating healthy and working out. I want to lose  about 7 lbs before I get pregnant. Then you  be the same weight when I got pregnant with DD2. 
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mothernorthmothernorth member
    edited January 2017
    "Yes yes yes yes yes..." Haha FI and I act out his character quite regularly  :D

What's going on with you this week? 
    Too much, my week is wrought with uncertainty and woe. So far anyway... if things go my way that'll be cleared up soon!

Looking forward to or dreading anything? I'm dreading going to court on Thursday, and I'm looking forward to getting this week overwith already.

What is one thing you hope to get accomplished this week? I hope my appeal goes through successfully at school, 2016 dealt me a pretty crappy hand that I have to start 2017 sorting out =/ 
    I also hope to get on top of my resolutions!

@glitzandglitter RIP Winter Break: You were great while you lasted. *moment of silence*
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid I hope you get everything resolved and 2017 is awesome!

@PhillymommaX2 Ugh! I need to lose some weight too. I was doing well and had lost 5lbs but then Christmas happened. I need to get back to the gym and get someone to follow me around and hit the cookies out of my hand lol. 
  • Options
    mothernorthmothernorth member
    edited January 2017
    @glitzandglitter Thanks girl :)

*TW*Pregnancy/Baby mentioned*
    And I hear you guys on losing weight. I gained 35lbs with this last pregnancy. In the last 14 weeks, I lost 15lbs (7 of those were a baby, plus placenta, fluid etc. So I really didn't actually work much off myself), but since the holidays I gained 7 back. =/ Come on will power, don't fail me now!

Do any of you use MyFitnessPal? I'm on there if any of you are interesting in connecting there and being "accountability buddies".
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid I'm not familiar with my fitness pal. I have a Fitbit but lately I have sucked at wearing that  :(
  • Options
    **TW?**

Oh my god you guys, my 75-year-old great aunt (mom basically, she raised me from the age of three) came over to watch the boys for me while I ran to the admissions office at my school to get everything for this semester squared away. Her house is in front of mine, and we are separated only by a gate. Right after she left, I noticed she left something on my couch so I grabbed it to run it to her before she made it back to her house, and she had fallen down! The gate is on a hill, with two cinder blocks keeping it level. Her ankle was caugh between the gate and blocks, she had hit her head on another cinder block and split her ear, and her body was twisted! I pulled that gate off her ankle so hard I broke it's hinges, then straightened her out, picked her up, and walked her to her house. She is not a big woman, but she has about 30 lbs on me. My uncle and cousin (her daughter) were inside watching TV so loud they never would have heard her calling for help... had I not noticed she left that container on my couch, who knows how long she would have been out there hurt in this freezing cold... I told her daughter to take her to the ER because she may have a concussion, I am waiting for her to call me for an update. I haven't felt this shaken up and sick since the doctors told me LO had spinal meningitis and he quit breathing... ugh... I need a drink. Hold me ;(
  • Options
    @glitzandglitter it's just a calorie counting/fitness app.
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid OMG! How terrible! So glad you saw that container and went back. I will say a prayer for her. I hope they call you with an update soon. 
  • Options
    @glitzandglitter Thank you, I kind of feel like this was my fault, it wouldn't have happened if she weren't over here watching the babies, and I keep playing the "what if I hadn't noticed the container" scenario in my head... now I'm extra panicky because she is getting frail, is too damn stubborn to admit it, and my uncle is too deaf to hear her call out if she's hurt and won't admit it. They are at that "young old" stage where they won't just deal with the fact that they're getting old and need to be careful! It's so frustrating and worrisome
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid
    Totally not your fault it was just a random accident. If anything you kept it from being worse by get her up, inside and getting someone to take her to the doctor. It is so hard when people get to the phase where they need more help/support but aren't ready to admit it. 
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid I hope she's ok!  That sounds so scary.
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid I'm so sorry for your grandma! I hope everything is ok!
  • Options
    Not much. I'm off work for the rest of the week

Looking forward to or dreading anything?
    My car registration is due, so I'm not exactly interested in paying that lol

I'm going to the gym tomorrow to sign up for a membership. My plan is to get in there to work out a couple days a week...wish me luck :wink:
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid sending prayers! 

• Options
    @pumpkin0913 good luck! 

@AllyTheKid any update on your grandma?
  • Options
    Updizzle: Other than her spit ear, she is okay, just sore. I'm SOOO glad nothing was broken and she didn't have a concussion.

Thank you all for you T&P ladies  <3
  • Options
    Just work like normal. Starting to think about a first birthday party for DS (Feb 28)

Looking forward to or dreading anything?
    Work tomorrow (Thurs) as I had a customer call tonight about 15 mins till close all pissed off about something that was his fault, not ours.

Scheduling appointments!! Which I did today! Dentist and hair, I still need to call my church to see how much it would cost to rent out the fellowship hall for DS first bday though. 

Nothing too exciting in my life at the moment
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    Also, glad to hear she's okay @AllyTheKid!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @CecilB93 DD1 will be 5 on Feb 28. Just starting to think about her bday party too! She was 5.5 hrs away from being a leap year baby. Was your little guy close?

• Options

TGIF!!! What do you ladies have planned for the weekend? Anything fun?
    I am so glad to just not be working:) I need to do some major cleaning this weekend and I would like to try to relax and enjoy myself this last weekend before grad school starts. 
  • Options
    @glitzandglitter  These days I get really excited if I get to sleep in.  Tomorrow's looking promising.  Woot woot!  Cleaning actually sounds good, too.  Definitely get your relaxation and other priorities in there before school starts!
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Options
    My wife and I joined Weight Watchers last week, went to our first weigh-in, and each lost 6lbs!  And my work week has been incredibly stressful because my boss is non-communicative and it drives me NUTSO!  

But it's Friday so YAY! :smiley:

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• Options
    I'm excited about the snow I'm supposed to get here in NY!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• Options
    @mill1020 I try so hard to sleep in - I want to so bad but I because I get up early during the week I just naturally wake up :( I do think I will be trying to squeeze a nap or two in.

@lala2moms2be I am jealous! I miss the snow. We live in FL now so no snow for me:( 
    Way to go on the weight watchers! 6lbs in a week is awesome!