October 2016 Moms

Twatwaffle Tuesday 01.03.17

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 01.03.17

• My MIL is a TW right now. She's VERY cheap when it comes to gifts, even though my in laws are incredibly well off. My husband is used to it but I'm not yet. For my baby shower she gave us two blue stripe onesies. Though that seemed strange, dh and I had figured they might give us a bigger gift when the baby was born, but they didn't. We don't see them often but the couple of times we did in November she asked if there was anything we still needed to buy. We said a stroller, and she both times replied "oh." Then no Christmas gifts either. But she delivered us a gift from their random next door neighbor for DS, who we have never even met! 

The reason she's a tw this week is that yesterday they came by to drop off more gifts from their extended family (her sister & brother) who they'd just seen. There were 2 cheques, 6 different sleepers and some toys. It is just so weird that it continues not to phase them. what bothers me is its honestly not about the gift, it's the acknowledgement... it feels like everyone in their world  is acknowledging our little one but mil/fil are not.  Makes me want to ask her "is any of this from you?" when she brings other people's gifts again, just to point out that it's not. But I will stick with venting instead. 
  • mothernorthmothernorth member
    edited January 2017
    Life is a TW... Oh my god you guys, my 75-year-old great aunt (mom basically, she raised me from the age of three) came over to watch the boys for me while I ran to the admissions office at my school to get everything for this semester squared away. Her house is in front of mine, and we are separated only by a gate. Right after she left, I noticed she left something on my couch so I grabbed it to run it to her before she made it back to her house, and she had fallen down! The gate is on a hill, with two cinder blocks keeping it level. Her ankle was caugh between the gate and blocks, she had hit her head on another cinder block and split her ear, and her body was twisted! I pulled that gate off her ankle so hard I broke it's hinges, then straightened her out, picked her up, and walked her to her house. She is not a big woman, but she has about 30 lbs on me. My uncle and cousin (her daughter) were inside watching TV so loud they never would have heard her calling for help... had I not noticed she left that container on my couch, who knows how long she would have been out there hurt in this freezing cold... I told her daughter to take her to the ER because she may have a concussion, I am waiting for her to call me for an update. I haven't felt this shaken up and sick since the doctors told me Johnny had spinal meningitis and quit breathing... ugh... I need a drink. Hold me ;(
  • Loading the player...
  • @AllyTheKid oh my goodness that is horrible. I hope she is ok!
  • Thanks girl, so do I.

I keep playing the "what if I hadn't noticed that container" scenario in my head... I know it didn't happen, but it's plaguing me. This is the first I didn't watch her walk home, and she closed my front door so I couldn't see out the glass door because of how cold it is.
  • @AllyTheKid How scary! My parents are getting older and my dad falls down a lot and it makes me so worried for him.
    So, I went tomato and dairy-free last week, but Willow'a symptoms seemed to get worse. I took her to the doctor today and it turns out that she has colitis. Her doctor wants us to give her digestive system a break for 12-24 hours (pedialyte only) and then give her a hypoallergenic formula. I'm still pumping, hoping to continue breastfeeding.
    I don't mean to be dramatic, but this is probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. My baby is hungry and I can't feed her.
  • ball4768 said:
    @AllyTheKid How scary! My parents are getting older and my dad falls down a lot and it makes me so worried for him.
    So, I went tomato and dairy-free last week, but Willow'a symptoms seemed to get worse. I took her to the doctor today and it turns out that she has colitis. Her doctor wants us to give her digestive system a break for 12-24 hours (pedialyte only) and then give her a hypoallergenic formula. I'm still pumping, hoping to continue breastfeeding.
    I don't mean to be dramatic, but this is probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. My baby is hungry and I can't feed her.
    Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that  :(.  Hopefully you will be able to continue to BF. I know how you feel. At the hospital I couldn't get LO to latch and my milk hadn't come in yet. She was so upset from being hungry and come to find out H told me a nurse made a comment along the lines of "well if she was being fed she wouldn't be crying so much."  It's a good thing he told me this after we were home because I would've ripped her a new one. Of course I wanted to feed my baby. She should've been trying to help me instead of running her mouth. 
  • @ball4768 Oh no :( Poor Willow! And you're not being dramatic at all, that seriously has to be one of the most terrible feelings on earth. ::hugs:: I hope her little tummy settles down soon and you guys can happily and healthily get back to your routine  <3

@Ladybug2821I have a belated throat punch saved up just for that nurse... what a bitch.
  • Update: My aunt did NOT have a concussion, just needed some stitches in her ear, no broken bones or fractures, and when she called me this morning she said she felt surprisingly good :) Tough old broad!
  • Update: My aunt did NOT have a concussion, just needed some stitches in her ear, no broken bones or fractures, and when she called me this morning she said she felt surprisingly good :) Tough old broad!
    I'm glad to hear she is doing well!  H waited to tell me about the nurse after we got home because he knows that I don't play. I would've embarrassed her without even having to get up out of bed  :#.