TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Check in Week of 1/1/17

13»

Re: TTCAL Check in Week of 1/1/17

• @sp128 it's coming down alright! Because we are crazy and desperate for money we are going to go into work and open up the restaurant and bank on everyone else closing and hope we get busy lol. How about you?
  • @toniherdt

*TW: LC Mentioned*

I also am just going through my first early miscarriage. We have a 16-month-old and didn't have any issues with that pregnancy, so this came as a huge shock to us as it was so unexpected. Like you, I had a weird feeling about this from the beginning ... something just felt off. My pregnancy tests weren't getting darker quickly like they did with my son, I didn't have any of the same pregnancy symptoms, and even during the TWW I felt off ... I had a major migraine with vision issues 5 days before getting my positive and just felt off the whole week. I started spotting at 4w3d but tried to convince myself it was normal since I spotted throughout my pregnancy with DS. Three days later I started bleeding heavily, after getting results back that my HCG levels were in the normal range but very low, and then fell instead of rising after two days. It's been a really tough week emotionally and I'm still trying to wrap my head around what just happened.

I also struggled with who to tell the news as we hadn't told our families we were pregnant (we were waiting until after the ultrasound at 8 weeks), and had only told a few close friends just a few days before. I told my friends first and they provided so much comfort and support. I also ended up telling my boss what had happened ... I didn't want to have to lie about why I was missing work or working from home, and she has been amazing through it all (she has suffered 4 miscarriages herself, so she's been there and gets it). It was hardest to tell my family and I knew I couldn't do it in person without bursting out crying so I texted them. Sounds totally lame, but it's all I could handle at the time. They were all very supportive and comforting and I feel better knowing that they know so if I seem off in the next few months, they know why. Just prepare yourself for comments that may hurt ... my mom was great at first, but then unintentionally made me feel awful by telling me how maybe it just wasn't the right time and it'll be better to have a baby later when my son is potty trained and then maybe they'd go on a vacation during the maternity leave, etc. (she's our childcare while we're at work, but seriously, you're thinking about vacations right now?!). I had to flat out tell her that she hurt my feelings and this has been really tough on me and it's not about vacations or diapers or any of that. I think a lot of people just don't know what to say or how to be there for you ... it's hard when they haven't gone through it themselves to know what to say or how to help. But I am happy I told my family and friends cuz I truly do need them at this time ... and I know I'll need them when I get pregnant again because I'm going to be a nervous wreck the whole time.

Thinking about you and sending you hugs!