March 2017 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self is Eating (JANUARY)

What has you ladies salivating this month??

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating (JANUARY)

• Options
    I had a salad for lunch yesterday.... and then an hour later decided I needed pokey sticks from a local place. Basically garlic cheese sticks with extra cheese and herbs. So worth it.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Shrimp or chicken fried rice. My obsession is a sickness.
  • Options
    @datalover13 OMG I haven't had pokey sticks since college. Now I need those back in my life again.

@kjd291 Nothing has been super appetizing to me lately, and I'm not sure why. I'm not nauseated; I just have very limited food preferences these days. I'm usually a burger person, but I haven't been into those throughout pregnancy.

I ate three bowls of chili last night at a party. The baby either loved it or hated it; she was definitely expressive about it on my bladder! :lol:
  • Options
    burgers sound amazing right now

@JustAnotherUsername16 i used to eat sliced pineapple dipped in chocolate pudding all the time... mmmm..
  • Options
    DH made lentil soup for dinner last night. It's a NYE tradition for him. It was super yummy, but my goodness it hurt to digest it. My prego body just can't handle high fiber food. No leftovers for me!
  • Options
    Mmmmm @MsTurney that looks delicious and amazing! 
  • Options
    @Burrberrymum I've also been a huge juice craver this pregnancy and also NEVER usually drink it.  I find it helped me to water it down a good amount, still sweeter and more desirable than the water-but doesn't make me feel quite as guilty for constantly chugging juice. ;)
  • Options
    Damn it. Now I want peach juice. 
  • Options
    Same here on the juice- all three of my pregnancies actually, when thirsty I have to have a big glass of watered down juice! Randomly craving cucumber and Hidden Valley Ranch, as well as all the pasta, especially red sauce and garlic bread all the time. Im more thirsty than hungry these days though, bought a pack of A&W cream soda and am dying to ice it up and have one, ginger ale too, and chocolate milk! Liquid diet for 3rd trimester I guess! 
  • Options
    I'm on the juice obsession, too. Grapefruit juice is always on my mind and has been since I found out I was pregnant! I try to eat an actual grapefruit as often as possible instead but sometimes I need a juice fix. Great tip to water it down! 

Also. I may need to eat a burger tonight. That sounds so amazing. I'm also not a big red meat eater but I can get down with a burger from time to time. I believe that time is tonight. And fries. Yes. 
  • Options
    Add me to the nothing looks good club. I feel great, I can eat, but nothing sounds good. My cousin did make me brussel sprouts cooked in garlic, crushed red pepper, salt, pepper, oil, and butter (it's my favorite of her Atkins side dishes) because she was concerned about my eating enough, and I may or may not have eaten the entire dish she sent over the course of me cooking dinner for DH and DD.

Odd thing I noticed was that my diet soda was tasting bitter. I Googled, and it turns out that sometimes in pregnancy artificial sweeteners can taste bitter to some people. So I have now gone from cutting back to a soda every other day or so, to pretty well kicking the habit because it has killed my love for Diet Dr Pepper.
  • Options
    Anything spicy. Lots of Mexican food. Hot sauce in everything. And instead of pickle with my grilled cheese sandwich I've been eating spicy pepperoncini. 
  • Options
    AandDM2014AandDM2014 member
    edited January 2017
    I've been having cucumber and american cheese (only fresh sliced from the deli, not the prepackaged kind) sandwiches. DH looks at me like I'm a crazy pregnant lady every time he sees me eating one, lol! I offered him one, but he politely turned me down.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    @catybug820 Dr Pepper sounds so good right now!!

I am still obsessed with iceberg lettuce salads.... I can't get enough of it.  Soooo crunchy.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Double stuff oreos and milk. That is all I want. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, I moved before pregnancy and haven't had a lot of fun cravings because a lot of the foods I miss are where I previously lived. For example, I had Publix grocery stores and now I do not. For my fellow southerners, you understand the pull Publix has. If only!
  • Options
    Ok, I moved before pregnancy and haven't had a lot of fun cravings because a lot of the foods I miss are where I previously lived. For example, I had Publix grocery stores and now I do not. For my fellow southerners, you understand the pull Publix has. If only!
    Perhaps it's tune to investigate a new grocery obsession. May I introduce you to Wegman's, also known as my favorite place to take my toddler for lunch outside of Costco and ChickFilA?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    And now I really want to stop at Wegman's for some (not raw) sushi tomorrow for lunch after my 3 hour glucose test. This is happening. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @longliveregina Central Market and Whole Foods are in my area. But again, my southern cravings are not satisfied there. If you've never been to a Publix, then understandably you wouldn't get it.
  • Options
    wintersongwintersong member
    edited January 2017
    My only public experiences have been on vacation visiting family in Florida, so I admittedly cannot fully comprehend the wonder that is Publix :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Late last week mine was cantaloupe. I should have gotten one when I went grocery shopping but I forgot.

• Options
    I cannot stop drinking chocolate milk. It's the best thing in the world. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @disneybaby84 I'm in So. Fla. and I have my Publix still, but not being able to have turkey Pub Dub has been KILLING me!!! 
  • Options
    I just pretty much eat chocolate all day, every day. Thank God I passed my diabetes test!
    "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    I just made mug brownie batter, but didn't microwave it and then stirred in vanilla life cereal. Soooo good.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Ditto

NOTHING sounds good

• Options
    I had the best breakfast burrito of my life yesterday and living in so. California they are a dime a dozen but this one blew the rest out of the water... if I can't get it again I will be forever chasing the dragon to get that same burrito nirvana.
  • Options
    All I want to eat is hamburgers. Seriously give me the red meat. I think my body is elling me something because my last blood test showed I was pretty anemic!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    All things gummy, but mostly Haribo cherries.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i made some awesome southwest turkey burgers tonight. I'm normally a red meat girl all the way but I always make an exception for these
  • Options
    @longliveregina I am with you on the burgers! Outside of being pregnant I probably eat like one burger a year, but have seriously eaten like 5 in the past week. My results showed a tad anemic as well. 
  • Options
    I have never in my life had cottage cheese. At our work cafeteria, they have fruit, yogurt, granola, and cottage cheese in one section. Yesterday I forgot to bring my usual yogurt to work, and it looked good so I had some pineapple and cottage cheese. Instant obsession. I'm pretty sure the low-fat kind would be gross though. 
  • Options
    jenny0228 said:
    I have never in my life had cottage cheese. At our work cafeteria, they have fruit, yogurt, granola, and cottage cheese in one section. Yesterday I forgot to bring my usual yogurt to work, and it looked good so I had some pineapple and cottage cheese. Instant obsession. I'm pretty sure the low-fat kind would be gross though. 
    I grew up on cottage cheese and fruit! Definitely one of the best combinations! Try peaches, granola and a shake or two of cinnamon, or mix in applesauce with blueberries! Also a good way to eat those third trimester dates if you're like me and can't handle them straight haha :)