June 2017 Moms

Kicked in stomach 18 weeks.

Hey mom's!

Yesterday night, my toddler threw a tantrum and thought it would be fun to scream and kick like crazy. While doing that, she kicked my stomach repeatedly. It hurts pretty bad. Next day I woke up with a bruise on the side of my tummy and I feel sore all around the tummy. Called my nurse and she said that as long as I'm not bleeding and having any severe cramping. I've had 2 miscarriages in the past and I'm so scared still. Wasn't able to get in and get checked out for some peace of mind. She kicked me pretty hard and all over. My biggest fear is having something wrong and not knowing it. Any mom's had any similar situations? 

Re: Kicked in stomach 18 weeks.

• Yikes. I would just take it easy and rest. I'd follow the advice of your nurse, and just be on the look out for anything out of the ordinary.

Toddlers are assholes. :|
  • @l0velyvee that is definitely nerve wracking.  I would take it easy, and as hard as it is, trust the nurse.  If you are still sore today, I would try to call again, or see if you can go in to urgent care.  Do you have an ultrasound scheduled soon, or have you already done your anatomy scan?

this is something I am very concerned about.  My 5 year old has high functioning autism, but often throws tantrums like this, and can be physically unsafe. When that happens there is usually hitting/kicking involved, and its most often directed at me.

i hope you can get some peace of mind.  I'm guessing the nurse doesn't think your LO has enough strength/force to actually harm baby, even if you end up bruised and sore.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Just make sure that you get Rhogam if your blood type is Rh negative! Hope your belly feels better soon
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• Sorry to hear about your fiesty toddler kicking you. 

When I was pregnant with DD I slipped on a large patch of ice and landed belly first. I was in terrible terrible pain. My stomach was bruised and I was sore for a good week. I went in and got monitored. Everything was fine and baby was acting like nothing happened. The doctor reassured me that baby is protected so well that something incredibly horrible would need to happen in order for there to be something really wrong. 

Take me care of yourself! 
  • Yikes. I would just take it easy and rest. I'd follow the advice of your nurse, and just be on the look out for anything out of the ordinary.

Toddlers are assholes. :|
  • awillis13 said:
    @l0velyvee that is definitely nerve wracking.  I would take it easy, and as hard as it is, trust the nurse.  If you are still sore today, I would try to call again, or see if you can go in to urgent care.  Do you have an ultrasound scheduled soon, or have you already done your anatomy scan?

this is something I am very concerned about.  My 5 year old has high functioning autism, but often throws tantrums like this, and can be physically unsafe. When that happens there is usually hitting/kicking involved, and its most often directed at me.

i hope you can get some peace of mind.  I'm guessing the nurse doesn't think your LO has enough strength/force to actually harm baby, even if you end up bruised and sore.
    My next schedule is the 10th of jan. I'm going to try to get in soon
  • Seconding what @itsfine said.  I've taken a solid shot from DS while pregnant with DD.  I also fell on a patch of ice while pregnant with DS.  Both were fine, but keep an eye out for bleeding or severe cramping.  LO is VERY padded in there luckily.  
  • Elyse1384 said:
    Seconding what @itsfine said.  I've taken a solid shot from DS while pregnant with DD.  I also fell on a patch of ice while pregnant with DS.  Both were fine, but keep an eye out for bleeding or severe cramping.  LO is VERY padded in there luckily.  
    Thank you so much! I don't have any cramping or bleeding and I've been trying to feel for baby movements too. I'm just so paranoid :/
  • I was worried about this early on, and my doc reassured me that LO is super protected in there!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

• ^ asked my doctor this yesterday and got a similar response. Though for peace of mind, you can always ask to come in.
  • I was worried about this early on, and my doc reassured me that LO is super protected in there!
    Def going to go in because I get so darn scared.