May 2017 Moms
Options

Not so dirty 30

edited December 2016 in May 2017 Moms
Have you had one yet? If so how was it? Were you depressed, indifferent, excited? If not, are you dreading it? Or excited for it? Post any and all 30th stories here. 
I turned 30 today and surprised myself by being very down about it. I didn't think I'd care. Maybe it's because I'm feeling fat and sober. BOO. Leaving my 20s kind of bums me out. 20s were amazing. My sister is 49 and she has told me many times that 40s are the best. But 20s were college and marriage and babies and first home. I feel like 30s are going to be full of losing baby weight, no more pregnancies, bursting at the seams in our increasingly smaller home. Downer huh?! I'm always so positive!!!!
ETA it doesn't help that I've been arranging my life insurance over the last day or 2. Cheerful. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Not so dirty 30

• Options
    I turned 30 in the summer of 2015 and was largely indifferent. I told my husband that it would 'soften the blow' if I could celebrate in NYC, so we took a trip for about a week (birthday/babymoon @ 22 weeks). I was being falsely dramatic, but I'm so glad we got to go!
  • Options
    I had no feelings about turning 30 but at that point I had just had one baby, with plans for another, as well as plans to move and eventually get a house. I get what you mean though, like now what?, if you have a lot of things done already. I do feel more secure with myself than before except in social situations and whatnot.

All in all, its just a number. I hope the rest of your birthday and 30th year is happier! <3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I turned 30 last Spring and was super bummed when MH didn't plan anything for my birthday. It also didn't help matters that at 30 I was still living in a tiny apartment and we were scraping to make ends meet. 9 months later and nothing has really changed. MH is making a bit more money so we're not scraping by, but could use more. We still live in the same apartment. But the bright spot is now we have this LO to look forward to. 

I honestky don't even remember that I'm 30 most days. 
  • Options
    They all run together after 29. :D
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • Options
    Not there just yet but happy birthday! 
  • Options
    When I turned 30 I was still single, although dating DH already, but I don't remember having any feelings about it. I  did have a party though but really, I didn't feel any different.

In my 30s I got married,  have had my children, and have taken my running to places I never thought possible before. After having DS I went down to my high school weight and got in the best shape of my life (athletically). I've also made some amazing IRL friendships so for me, my 30s have been extremely good.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    I turned 30 in October and was actually really bummed because I was pregnant and not able to have a true dirty 30 night like all my friends have had. I survived, but it was a major bummer. 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm turning 30 this coming May. Kind of disappointed that I will be very pregnant but have plans to do a big party later in the year. 
  • Options
    We went to San Francisco to celebrate and my now H proposed to me where we had our first date! <3  As we headed to our favorite restaurant, I thought about calling my family to tell them the good news but he said to wait until we were at least seated. We walked in and I saw my parents, his parents, and our best friends sitting at a table waiting for us!  <3 Man did he blow me away. 

The start to my 30's was awesome to say the least and has continued so! 

Happy 30th Birthday @mamatowildones

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    Happy Birthday, @mamatowildones! I turned 30 two years ago. DH took me to Disney on Ice (reminiscent of our first date) and it was so much fun. I don't even remember if we had drinks or not (I'm sure we did, but it definitely wasn't the highlite of the night.) So far 30s have been awesome - so much better than my 20s (and I enjoyed the 20s for what they were.) DH and I have lots of things to look forward to now - we're remodeling our house, starting a new business, and having this LO! And he and I are so excited to spend the entire decade together. I think there are exciting things to look forward to in each stage of life. Appreciate what you've had, look forward to what's coming up, and enjoy right now! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My 30's so far have been even better than my 20's. I hope your 30's will be awesome too :) Glad you had a great day celebrating!
  • Options
    @mamatowildones Happy (belated) birthday! 
    My 30th is in exactly 30 days so hopefully it will be nice? I'm sure all I'll do is go to work then make dinner lol
  • Options
    Happy belated birthday @mamatowildones! Glad you had a good day. I turn 30 in August so I'm contemplating some sort of getaway but won't really know how I feel until after baby gets here. I don't think I'll be sad about it but I may be one that gets surprised by my emotions!
  • Options
    Happy (belated) birthday @mamatowildones! Like @beachmommy5406, I recently turned 30 while pregnant. It was a bummer, but not terrible. I'm thankful to have my son and have a healthy pregnancy so far, so definitely not taking that for granted. That being said, my 30.5 birthday will be celebrated properly :)
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    Happy Birthday!
    My 30th is 2 month after baby will be born. I had talked about going to Nashville with SIL and MIL like SIL did last year because it was A-maz-ing. I'm still considering it, but making it more of a shopping trip with the babies (she has a baby again now).

I've always felt young (not immature) until I hit mid twenties and kind of had an omg moment. My "plan" had always been to have 3 kids (3 years apart ish) out by the time I was 30. Ha! I think realizing that I'm hitting 30 with just 1 baby, not living in a huge house, not driving a range rover, not having my dream job is a little jarring. However, I'm incredibly happy with the way my life is now.
    IDK, I am sure I will cry about it as it nears.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    I'll be 40 a couple months after this one is born. Fogey Forty?

30 is NBD because you're just 30. When you turn 31, now you're 'in' your 30's. That's when it became dirty to me.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    Happy belated birthday!

30 was no biggie for me. Now 36 on the other hand. Spent the entire day crying on the couch. I was attempting a career change and had officially given up on motherhood. One month later I had a new job that allows me to work at home and found out I was knocked up. You never know what's around the corner.