December 2016 Moms
Options

Med-Free Check-In 12/29 (for graduates too - whether med-free or not)

I'm hoping this is the last one for everyone!

1) How far along?

2) Dare I ask... How has pregnancy treated you this week?

3) How are you being supported in late pregnancy (which, for me at least, was harder than post partum)? Do you have post partum supplies stocked and handy?

BTDT - was the med-free experience (or attempt) what you thought it would be? 
Pregnancy Ticker
Mother of an April '15 baby
Due December 16

Re: Med-Free Check-In 12/29 (for graduates too - whether med-free or not)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1) How far along?  Baby is 6 days old

2) Dare I ask... How has pregnancy treated you this week?  Feeling quite a bit stronger post partum despite the lack of sleep. I finally was able to engage my core a little bit yesterday so I'm feeling optimistic although I still have a big diastasis. I'm still up peeing and BF at all hours of the night but being able to lay on my back is fabulous!

3) How are you being supported in late pregnancy (which, for me at least, was harder than post partum)? Do you have post partum supplies stocked and handy?  I got the nurse to give me two packages of maternity pads in the hospital to come home with and my doula made me a couple herbal bath satchels so I'm feeling pretty pampered lol. 

Yes and no. I had no idea active labor would slip by so quickly- I was in transition before I knew it. I also thought there would be a little lull between transition and second stage, but no I was pushing before I knew what was happening. I had some relief when baby came out but I was a new person as soon as I delivered the placenta, all the pressure just let up and I felt amazing. 
    after having birthed with an emergency c/s, birthed vaginally with an epidural and then birthed med-free, I have learned so much- primarily that there is so much out of our control and the labor will unfold how it does.  It's funny that birthing med free this time really helped validate needing an epidural with my second. No two labors are the same.
  • Options
    9 days out and I'm starting to feel healed up. I feel like the healing has gone quicker this time.

the mental game - which is soooo huge (at least for me) in childbirth was what I expected and my preparation and outlook worked for me as I expected. It was hard but a little more manageable than I expected. Post partum I'm night 1 was way worse than expected. I was so tired, 12 hours of cluster feeding and horrific contractions nearly broke me. But I held off pain meds (despite drug pushing nurses) and got through. I think the epidural last time helped with some of the initial post partum discomfort.

one thing I didn't expect- I was on cloud 9 about the birth for about... a day. Now it feels completely irrelevant. My birth with DS didn't go how I wanted - it still went well but I got an epidural after 18 hours - and I was left feeling like wtf just happened. I turned it over in my head for about a month before it felt irrelevant. Interesting difference. Reflecting back I know I could have done med free the first time too but didn't have the right support system in place to create the right setting for me mentally. And that darn fear mongering nurse!

i feel like if I had a negative birth experience it would take me a lot of time to work through and my heart goes out to the mamas dealing with that 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    1) How far along?
    5 days old. 

It gave me a baby  o:)

3) How are you being supported in late pregnancy (which, for me at least, was harder than post partum)? Do you have post partum supplies stocked and handy?
    Im actually going to venture out of the hide today for more PP supplies. The pads I bought are actualy way over kill and I used up all the ones stolen from the hospital. I'd rather not feel like I'm wearing a giant diaper if don't have to. 

The first 27 hours were easier than expected. I said that around hour 26. Then transition kicked my ass for even thinking that. But since I expected transition to be rough, I guess it wasn't any worse that I thought it would be. And knowing that meant I was right at the end made it manageable. 
  • Options

1) How far along? 40+3

Urg! Pregnancy is actually just fine... it's just this stopping and starting prodromal/prelabor that's kicking my butt! Just want it to be clear... definable... I am sick of thinking "could this be it?" And then it coming to nothing! I know it's normal but still hate it! 

My husband is a hero... he's being so supportive, speaking truth to me in love, making me great food and trying to keep me from feeling discouraged.  <3  Seriously couldn't do this with out him! 

Thank for sharing your stories... it's helpful for me!!! 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Options
    @PensiveCrayon I felt like I hadn't seen you around in a bit. Thought you might have been busy bringing a baby into world. 

So much hoping for you, @ajstevenson, and @maamawaabangi! Feel like the med free mamas are bringing up the rear of the pack. 
  • Options
    @tinattt23 I wish! No...I've just been lurking. It's a bit harder to actively participate these days now that most everyone is in a different phase than me. /whine
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    40+5

Pregnancy is the devil's handiwork.

DH has been a good sport about back and foot rubs, which I look forward to every evening. I have no idea if I am ready for life PP, but I do plan to take everything I can (and then some) from the hospital. I don't want to buy anything ahead of time in case I don't need it. And if I do, I'm hoping an excuse to get out to the store will be a good thing. I can't stand being cooped up in the house.

We are staying optimistic about a med-free birth. Tomorrow is the membrane sweep, hopefully things will get going very soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest 
    Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010
  • Options
    @littlebirdie28 good luck tomorrow! I hope it works for you. If T isn't here by my appt Tuesday we're going to try a membrane sweep too (if I'm dialated enough).

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    @jandd2014 After reading your BTDT, that was me. FTM and my labor progressed SO fast. Everyone who saw me was shocked. I went in at 6cm with NO signs of labor prior to my water breaking and back labor starting... and got to 10cm pretty quick. They all thought Wyatt was going to be born quick with how things were going.

I would have gone in sooner, but I called and they said that as a FTM, I probably had time and to wait an hour. My back labor got worse that time, so we spent most of it packing stuff up. I called on our way and said we were coming no matter what they thought... they could check me and if nothing, I'd go home. Nope, it was time.

I can't remember how far along I was once the epidural was done, as I was in SO much pain; I needed that thing, but know it worked too well as I couldn't do any successful pushing for a couple hours. They stopped the drip and once I could start feeling some thing again, it was MUCH easier.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1) How far along? Baby is 9 days old

3)Do you have post partum supplies stocked and handy? I stocked up on pads before I had the baby, bc I knew I wouldn't want to go out after.

BTDT - was the med-free experience (or attempt) what you thought it would be? Well I haven't had a chance to post my birth story yet, but it was a whirlwind. During the whole pregnancy I always said I wanted to go med free, but once the contractions started I said to my husband that I wanted an epidural. When we got to the hospital I begged for an epidural. By the time the anesthesiologist got there he tried to give me the epidural but it was too late as I said I had to push so I went without one. I was happy that I went without. I felt great afterwards. I never had a bad experience with an epidural with my other 2. I don't know if I would go through it again, only time will tell. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker