August 2017 Moms
Options

Two under two

I had a baby girl in June and expecting again... babies will be about 15 months apart. I knew I wanted them close in age but wanted to get some perspective from other mothers with two under two on how it went... I hear it's a bit tough at first but that they grow to be really close as they get older. 

talk to me ladies! anything I should be nervous about? btw this was completely planned and DH and I are extremely excited :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Two under two

• Options
    I don't have any advice but Mine will be 18 months apart
  • Options
    middy411middy411 member
    edited December 2016
    Mine will also be 18 months apart. I'm mostly stressing about gear... I feel like I will either have to buy an extra one of everything since DD is still in all her infant stuff or get new things that work for doubles... 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine were barely 2u2 (22 months apart), but they're 4 and 6 now and thick as thieves. Best friends and so close. It was hard at first (I felt SO much guilt over not being able to give my firstborn all of me so quickly. Luckily, they don't remember, and ultimately, it all worked out perfectly). There's more space between my other kids (roughly 2 1/2 years between 2 and 3, and the same between 3 and this baby), but part of me wants to 2u2 again just for the closeness of it! 
    Homeschool mama
    Married 7.28.07
    DS 9.16.10
    DD 8.3.12
    DD 3.1.15
    #4 EDD 8.7.17
  • Options
    My first two are 18 months apart. It's tough, but I love it. They play so well together now. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My son was born in June too!! 
  • Options
    Mine are 20 months apart. It was TOUGH up until the littlest turned 2. Now they are 3 and 4 and the best of friends. And they play together all the time which is so fun. In the beginning it's hard but it's worth it
  • Options
    My two youngest will be 23 months apart. I'm excited as I've never had two close in age (currently 10, 5, and 15 months). 
  • Options
    My daughter was born in May so ours will be 15 months apart as well.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    IncandescentIncandescent member
    edited December 2016
    I had a baby girl in June too! Yay for surprise babies l, well it was for me lol Are you breastfeeding? I'm noticing a considerable drop in supply
  • Options
    I have twins!   So I'm going to have 3 under 2!   Don't stress!   If we did it with our twins you'll be fine!   The only hard part is when the whole family gets sick!   Other than that it's wonderful every day!   Also, everyone told me to have a strict schedule.   But my kids are different and need different things at different times.    It's great to have a schedule, but if you are too rigid it will be very difficult!   Good luck!
  • Options
    Mine will be 18 months apart also! I feel guilty already because I know my baby won't be the baby for long :( but I think the bond he'll have with his new sibling will make it totally worth it. And it's nice that most of the baby gear that DS has outgrown can be used for this new baby. I think it'll be tough for a bit, but we'll all make it though :)
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My older two are 16 months apart and they are best friends. They are now 10 and 9. We have our issues, of course but I loved having them close together. Now my two youngest will be 19 months apart.
  • Options
    pbandjyummiespbandjyummies member
    edited December 2016
    I had a baby girl in June too! Yay for surprise babies l, well it was for me lol Are you breastfeeding? I'm noticing a considerable drop in supply
    yes I was but I had planned to wean when she turned 6 months which was right around when I got pregnant with this one :) but I did notice that I weaned rather quickly 

I think between breastfeeding and weaning I got pregnant and never actually got a period! 

edited because words
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear that sibling close in age grow up to be close.... obviously I don't know if I'm having a girl or boy but did anyone notice whether it matters of it was two same sex siblings versus a boy/girl siblings are still close? perhaps earlier on doesn't matter
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My son was born in June, too and they will be 15 months apart!
    Married 5/12/2007
    DS 6/3/2016
    MC 1/12/2017
    BFP 7/19/2017
    EDD 3/31/2018

• Options
    Mine will be 20 months apart. I was kind of sad  when I first found out I was expecting because I was still just enjoying #1 but I'm excited that he will have a best friend here soon. 
  • Options
    Mine will be 12 months apart. Just had a baby boy in August this year. 
  • Options
    will they be Irish twins? O_O 

my sister and brother were 11 months apart!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Mine will be 20 months! They say it's hard but worth it! I have a boy so I'm hoping for a little girl for DS to be a big brother to :)
  • Options
    mothernorthmothernorth member
    edited December 2016
    ***Dirty Lurker***
    I have two under two (17mos and 4mos). I feel like the hardest thing was more the emotional strain of not being able to devote 100% of my attention to LO1 anymore. I felt mom-guilt for that, and then I felt mom-guilt for even feeling mom-guilt because LO2 is just as special. It hasn't been nearly as hard as I had initially thought it would be, so I'll happily be the voice of positivity! Best advice would be have a routine, and stick to it! Even in the newborn stage, stick to a routine as very best you can. Good Luck mamas  <3

Edit: words are hard.
  • Options
    will they be Irish twins? O_O 

my sister and brother were 11 months apart!!
    Not really sure the exact definition or Irish twins but my LO was born August 6th and this one is due August 25th! 
  • Options

***Dirty Lurker***
    I have two under two (17mos and 4mos). I feel like the hardest thing was more the emotional strain of not being able to devote 100% of my attention to LO1 anymore. I felt mom-guilt for that, and then I felt mom-guilt for even feeling mom-guilt because LO2 is just as special. It hasn't been nearly as hard as I had initially thought it would be, so I'll happily be the voice of positivity! Best advice would be have a routine, and stick to it! Even in the newborn stage, stick to a routine as very best you can. Good Luck mamas  <3

Edit: words are hard.
    I'm already having major mom-guilt just thinking about not being able to devote 100% of my attention to my baby boy, even though I know I'll love this little one just as much. 
  • Options
    mothernorthmothernorth member
    edited December 2016
    @BrunetteBabe722 My mom-guilt started as soon I got that BFP, ::hugs:: , it'll be just fine though mama!

ETA Irish twins are two babes born within a year of each other!
  • Options
    My mom had me and my twin 13 months and 10 days before one of our younger sisters. Then she had another a couple of years later, so she had 3 under 2 and then 4 under 4. (Actually there was a 4 year and 9 day difference.) Fun fact: all 5 of us were born in March and April!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    NYTino24 said:
    My mom had me and my twin 13 months and 10 days before one of our younger sisters. Then she had another a couple of years later, so she had 3 under 2 and then 4 under 4. (Actually there was a 4 year and 9 day difference.) Fun fact: all 5 of us were born in March and April!
    wow that's intense! O_O
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pbandjyummies Yeah I don't know how she did it. Her mom had 9 in like 12 years!!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid thanks girl!!
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid @BrunetteBabe722 same here! I told DH that our job these next 8 months is to give DS as much love and attention as possible! It kind of breaks my heart that he won't be getting undivided attention anymore, but I know I'll love this baby just as much!