High-Risk Pregnancy

Autoimmune and high risk post

I am high risk due to a blood clotting disorder Antiphospholipid Syndrome. I am on 80mg of Lovenox 2x daily, baby aspirin and hydroxychloraquine. I have had a previous stroke. If that isn't enough, I had two previous losses. I am 17 weeks now and the first trimester screen came back with some blood work that while still in normal range was a little off. The NT scan came back okay and I had an early anatomy scan that looks good too. They are offering an amnio. I would have to go off the Lovenox before the procedure. I am struggling with this decision. Can anyone relate? I know I'm probably the highest risk person here!

Re: Autoimmune and high risk post

• Also the MaterniT21 test came back inconclusive due to the Lovenox...
  • I was not high risk for the reasons you mentioned but my first and second trimester screens came back with a higher risk for Down syndrome so I opted for the amnio. I knew it would have caused me more stress not knowing one way or another. I had preeclampsia with my first so I wanted to reduce the stress. I think the decision would have been harder if I had to consider all the things you have to. Would you be okay going off the Lovenex? The overall procedure was quick and painless for me (and I hate needles). Wishing you all the best.
  • Loading the player...
  • My mfm is calling the hemotologist to determine the plan. My husband and I have discussed this from every angle and are leaning toward having it. I've had one before and it was not pleasant but we want to be as informed as possible. How were your amnio results? Thanks for the encouragement. 
  • We were lucky and everything came back normal so it was a relief. I had two proteins outside the normal level from my second set of blood tests. My first blood tests and NT scan wre normal. I remember how stressful that time was though and I really hope everything turns out well. I can't imagine how difficult it is for you. I hope your doctor can help with more information and guidance.
  • Was it the Papp-a and hcg?
  • I think hcg is a hormone made once you're pregnant. I'm not sure what Papp-a is.
  • Sorry. Misread your question. I'm not sure what proteins they were. I don't think it was hcg though.
  • Following from August17. *TW* I'm currently bleeding painful quarter sized clots. Went for my first US today due to small bleeding yesterday and baby should be 7w3d, but measured 6w. Heartbeat was seen flickering and doc couldn't tell cause I'd bleed. Diagnosed with VWD at 19 (34 in March) and then I was told I don't have it after my last 3 tests (one a year ago and one in July pre-TTC). Bloodwork from two weeks ago came back slightly elevated for several things including ANA. Hematologist and OB want me to see a high risk OB. Two of my sisters had to take baby aspirin during their pregnancies. One had a baby with a hereditary form of DS 18 months ago. Assuming we make it to 12w, we will do testing. Looking forward to any and all insights.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility