Options

WTF Wednesday 12/28

we haven't wtfed in a while...
Pregnancy Ticker
Mother of an April '15 baby
Due December 16

Re: WTF Wednesday 12/28

• Options
    WTF boobs. They are huge, painful and baby can't make a dent in the engorgement. One day in and my back hurts from carrying these melons around.
    ive tried heat, manual compression, ibuprofen. shower etc. finally I pumped for 3 minutes last night and got off 4oz. But I can't keep doing that or it will just get worse. Why can't our boobs just make exactly enough for our baby's needs?  Hopefully this lasts only a couple days.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sourlemon said:
    WTF "intelligent design". Why can't one sex carry the kid and the other be the milker?

I'm getting awfully tired of listening to DH snoring away as I pump away. 
    we have the Eric Carle book "mister seahorse" - it's all about fish species where the males care for the eggs/babies.

Feels like a cruel reminder.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    @slartybartfast indeed! Those lucky lady seahorses!
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    Thanks universe for giving me a 2 year old with a fever and vomiting all while cluster feeding my one week old. DS doesn't want his Papa so last night was me rocking DS and then completely changing my clothes to nurse DD. All. Night. Long.

• Options
    I have too many WTF to even list. I feel like my whole life is WTF at this point -_-
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So my second wtf. Mom had planned on a visit today, great, DH going to work and MIL taking the girls to the neighbors for arts and crafts, so mom could come to pediatrician with LO and I and then hang out and it would be quiet.  
    First neighbor backs out of play date so kids and MIL stay home then MIL texts me during appt that dad just showed up at the house no notice. He and mom got divorced a couple years ago. So we get back from the appointment and it's just hours of awkwardness, dad, mom and MIL all just sitting there and me wishing I could just have some time alone with my mom and baby.
  • Options
    @dmontgo Nice!!!  :| Because nothing says I love you and happy new baby than a box full of crap for you to have to take care of... I feel like this is my life. People look at us and think... maybe a mom of 7 could use all my useless crap to fill up her loney life... 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Options
    @maamawaabangi DH exclaimed, "Wow, thanks for getting us a chore for Christmas! Just what I always wanted!"
  • Options
    I was going to come on here and WTF about the fact that I'm still pregnant...but it looks like it's been done already! :lol:@maamawaabangi and @ajstevenson we will get there!!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @dmontgo :D 
    My aunt texts me weekly asking if I want binders, old books, and other misc crap... it's so annoying... thankfully she asks first (most of the time). Then we have people give our kids general crap a lot like we are poor and don't have toys or something... we have NO shortage of toys! I like how your dh put it! 

My WTFugde is ... prodromal labor... and my Instagram feed full of a friend having her baby!!!  :# happy not happy 

• Options
    WTF spinal headache. 
    I am having such a hard time functioning in general and feel like I barely know my baby. Trying to stay positive and hoping it resolves itself without any further procedures but this is hard... so so hard. 
  • Options
    My WTF was this past Tuesday.  We visited my MIL and FIL with the baby, and all my MIL kept saying was how cold she thought the baby was, that I had dressed her inappropriately.  She had on pants and a long sleeve onesie.  It was 60 degrees outside, and my inlaws had the heat on in their house.  So sorry I don't want to overheat my kid.  MIL kept trying to swaddle my baby in a heavy blanket, saying she was too cold, that her feet were cold.  First off, my kid, my way.  I think I know her a bit more than MIL.  Second, her feet are always cold, and my pediatrician said that isn't a good indicator of temp, that you should feel their chest, back, or neck.  Then my kid would start crying after being wrapped up, so I would take her back, unwrap her, and she'd calm down.  Ten minutes later, MIL is back saying the baby is too cold, that's why she is sleeping so much, and try to wrap her up again in a heavy blanket.  I couldn't wait until she had to leave for work.  

Then yesterday, my mom comes over to visit, and instead of letting my kid sleep after eating and during the afternoon, she kept her awake for hours, so that after my mom left, I was left with an overtired newborn who would not settle down and sleep, and so preceded to cry and scream most of the evening.  Thanks so much, mom.
  • Options
    My MIL had this near phobia if you put a blanket over the bucket car seat to let baby sleep... every time she says "How can she/he breath in there??? They'll smother!" 
    "Um... there is air between the blanket and the baby..." It drives me nuts. Other than that my MIL is amazing... I think people have their "things". I just do what I want and always have... 

• Options
    My MIL had this near phobia if you put a blanket over the bucket car seat to let baby sleep... every time she says "How can she/he breath in there??? They'll smother!" 
    "Um... there is air between the blanket and the baby..." It drives me nuts. Other than that my MIL is amazing... I think people have their "things". I just do what I want and always have... 
    This is my mother. She's fantastic but she truly just does not get this concept. She Always has to comment when she sees covered carriers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @dmontgo wtf, seriously?! How did she find you!? And that is very strange.....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    WTF... do we always have to hang out with SIL and her family on NYE? I love seeing our nephews, but it's so boring when we go there. Last year, it was us, them, my inlaws, and an aunt/uncle. They put a puzzle together. And not that I didn't participate in some of that (and nothing wrong with it, too) but just not what I wanted to. The year before, SIL had a migraine so that ruined every one else's time for the night, and when I suggested just throwing on one of the network countdown shows, no one seemed to care or even know what I was talking about (we had been watching some movie on TV).

The year before wasn't bad, since we played a few games... apples to apples and cards against humanity. But, since SIL gets offended by everything, we can't play CAH anymore so that is out. Ugh.

And now with a baby... I think we are just going over to eat but I hope to be home after 8. DH will still stay up with Wyatt until about 2ish, and then I'll  take over so we stay on routine and not mess it up so we struggle for the next couple of days to catch up. Plus, I'd rather have some champagne here with him and celebrate the new year as a family of 3! I did pick up some extra champagne (also, SIL bought some gross super cheap stuff last year so I picked some decent stuff up this year) for the two of us and for mimosas!
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So... fresh WTF.  DS1 was telling me about his day and said he got a little poop on his underwear at school.  I asked them if he told anyone to get it changed and he said yes, but I didn't like the way he said it . I checked and low and behold my kid is commando.  What the F?  He has clean underwear in his bin.  So I called the school pissed as hell and the director told me that whether he had underwear or not they keep them on hand for accidents.  So some moron floater teacher took his underwear (which I know someone did because his shoes pants and underwear had to come off and back on) and neglected to put new underwear on him.  I'm livid.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker