May 2017 Moms
Options

Weight check in

I think it's been a few weeks since our last check in. I originally started about 25 lbs overweight. I lost 8 and I've gained back 6 or 7 at 22 weeks. I'm pretty ok with it but I have noticed my eating habits have been horrible the last week. I'm blaming Christmas. But it's just my fault. I am totally addicted to sunflower seeds! I was the same with my first pregnancy. I eat a huge bag within 2 days. Currently eating some now. Once this bag is gone I'm not going to buy anymore. I noticed when I started this that I gained a few pounds immediately. Yikes! How is everyone else doing? 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weight check in

• Options
    edited December 2016
    I also started off fairly overweight for me. Depending on the day, my BMI was between 29-30ish so sometimes I bordered over into the "obese" category. However between my random food aversions and the fact that my digestive system has slowed down to an almost complete halt, I lost about 18lbs in first tri and so far am only back up 2. I haven't made much of an effort to watch my eating but my portions sizes are small by default. I honestly think my body is glad to be rid of some of these extra pounds. My appetite is definitely improving now though so I am super worried about ballooning up! I'm happy with where I am although worried I should have gained more by now. If I can keep my net gain under 10 I would be thrilled but we'll see. My doc hasn't been worried so far, but we'll see what he has to say at the anatomy scan next week. Hopefully she's measuring right on in there! 

Edited for clarity
  • Options
    Ugh.... I started out needing to lose maybe 10 pounds.... I've now gained over 25  :s i have Major problems with my hips and pelvis so my exercise is so restricted I basically can walk a little. And I just have felt bummed and only wanting to eat carbs.... obviously it's not ideal to have gained so much. But the same thing happened when I had DD 3 years ago as well and I ended up gaining 60 lbs with her. I'm just going to try to up my protein and lower my starchy carbs to try to minimize the rest of the damage to be had! 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I asked my nurse at my 20 week appointment how my gain was and she said good! So I'm feeling alright. I've gained about 10 lbs so far. I was sick last week and had no appetite (one day all I had was a bar and a toaster strudel  :s) and I think I lost a little bit of weight.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    I've gained 10 pounds and I think that's pretty good considering I'm more then half way there! I am trying to stay around 25-30 pound weight gain like my dr wants me to. 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options
    I started overweight and then until week 17 was still puking and had major food aversions. Since then I'm only nauseous here and there and now I'm hungry all the time! I lost 13 and with the holidays have gained 5 back so far. I need to go grocery shopping and get back into a healthy eating and not just crap. Since I was so sick we haven't cooked at all this pregnancy and I'm hoping to start again as that was a big thing for DH and I and eating out doesn't help at all. I am fine gaining some weight I'm just worried it was so much in such a short amount of time. Dr was happy to see some weight gain at my last appointment so so far I'm happy. 
  • Options
    I lost 16 lbs before getting pregnant and have so far only gained 4 lbs of that back. I think a big part is that my sweet tooth is virtually gone with this pregnancy, I honestly hope it doesn't come back. However, our refrigerator has been broken for over two weeks now and we have been eating out a lot, so I'm going to guess that I've gained a few more. 
  • Options
    Up 9 pounds at 18+4, started with normal BMI.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I started out 10lbs heavier than when I started with my first pregnancy.  So far I had gained about 8lbs at the 19wk mark (when I had my last appt) and hope to not go past 25lbs total. I could eat better than I do now. I do wish that so many produce weren't off season. I ate so much fruit during the last few months with my sept kiddo

• Options
    @MTB16 I'm right there with you- I'm at 10 pounds and I'm 18 + 4. I legit are so horrible last week or two so I'm hoping not to gain anymore in the next few weeks. I'd really like to keep my weight gain at 20 lbs. I have such a hard time losing and I'm already struggling with my gross looking self (still don't look pregnant, just chubby)
  • Options
    Still -3 which is a minor miracle after Christmas. I'm trying really hard to remind myself gaining is ok at this point. I still expect to be below my pre pregnancy weight at my 21ish week appt so we will see if he says anything but I doubt it. I'm no petite flower (size 12) so I think this is ok. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    My situation is very similar to yours @ShadeofGreen816. Started out overweight. Lost 15 pounds in 1st tri. I get so bloated after eating I can only eat small meals. But now I've got a serious sweet tooth and have gained 2lbs this month.
  • Options
    @pshaortao Ditto to the off season fruit. I've been craving it but nothing in the store even looks appetizing or goes bad within a day. I can't wait for spring. I think I need to start pulling out the frozen fruit and satisfying my craving with smoothies. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    @h&pmomma ooh frozen fruit for smoothies is a great idea. I should get some of that. At least cuties are pretty great now. The ones we get (from costco) are amazing

• Options
    @pshaortao Yes the Costco cuties are holding me over too! I always buy our frozen fruit from Costco too! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    I am up two pounds at 20 weeks. I have a normal BMI so I was hoping to keep total weight gain under 25 pounds. I got the stomach flu last week and didn't eat much for about a week so I'm not sure if I lost any weight during that experience. I started to feel better on Christmas Eve and have been eating normally since. I go for my anatomy scan next week so we shall see where my weight is at that point! If I don't throw away these Christmas cookies I'm likely to see a big jump! Lol
  • Options
    I'm 22 weeks and up 18 lbs. Yikes! I was at a normal bmi so my doctor said 25-35 lb gain. Pretty sure I'll hit around the 35 lb mark.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    I am 19 weeks and up 12lbs. I am overweight so my goal is to gain no more than 30lbs total. The holidays haven't helped but now that I have more energy in my second trimester, I plan to be more mindful of cooking healthy meals at home. 
    Me: 30 - DH: 33 
    Married 06/26/10
    TTC Since December 2014
    Diagnosis: anovulatory cycles
    IUI #1: 04/17/16 (100mg Clomid & Ovidrel) = BFN 
    IUI #2: 05/14/16 (100 mg Clomid) = BFN
    IUI #3: 06/11/16 (100mg Clomid)= BFN
    IUI #4: 07/12/16 (Non-medicated) = BFN
    IVF#1: 08/28/16 = BFP!
    Baby Girl Coming 05/21/17 <3
  • Options
    h&pmomma said:
    @pshaortao Ditto to the off season fruit. I've been craving it but nothing in the store even looks appetizing or goes bad within a day. I can't wait for spring. I think I need to start pulling out the frozen fruit and satisfying my craving with smoothies. 
    @h&amp;pmomma and @pshaortao that's what I've been doing for my fruit fix... frozen fruit in my smoothies and pancakes! Also, I've been eating honey crisp apples non stop since that one post ages ago, lol.  

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    19 weeks and I think I have gained about 10lbs. I don't even remember my weight at my last appointment and I don't own a scale. I went to 6 family Christmas celebrations and I know I have been eating terribly. Chips and dips are my weakness... Trying to make an effort to eat better now all the craziness is done. 
  • Options
    21 weeks and +1 lbas of last Thursday. I keep bouncing between +1 and -1. I'm definitely starting over weight, size 12/14 (I guess technically obese by BMI but whatevs) so would like to stay around the 10 lb gain area. Last pregnancy I was throwing up daily until almost 30 weeks so only ended up gaining about 4lbs by delivery. I know I need to restock some fruit (it sounds so good) and veggies (bleach) in the house so I make better choices. And hopefully if the weather would stop being so fridgedly cold I could do some walking daily. 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm 18+5 today and up 11lbs so far which I think is pretty good.  I gained over 50 with DD and I was still holding on to 10 when I got pregnant this time so I'm trying to stay under 35 with this one.
  • Options
    I am 20+4; and am up about 8 lbs as of last weight.... but like everyone Christmas hasn't been kind
  • Options
    I lost ten pounds with morning sickness and weigh less now than I did before I got pregnant.  Adding GD on top of that has only allowed me to gain like 2lbs.  I literally add butter and cheese wherever I can just to get some extra calories to try and gain weight, but the baby is measuring right on track.  It was 15oz at my a/s.
  • Options
    when we married 3 years ago, I was 130 which was thin for my height. After my daughter (and working at a school that really liked to feed us) I hovered around 145 and after my last pregnancy/loss I was stuck around 155. I hadn't realized I was that far up from prepregnancy weight, so I guess I was considered a little overweight before this pregnancy but 20 weeks in with twins and I've only gained 8 lbs. That is fine with me as long as they are healthy, but with my DD i gained nearly 50 lbs...Kinda makes me worry but my dr said that was okay today. I can't wait to loose everything from all these pregnancies and feel like myself again (not that i'm not enjoying pregnancy though)
  • Options
    Sorry to resurrect this, but I'm trying not to have a mini meltdown. I don't get on the scale often (maybe weekly) because it stresses me out, but today I did. I've gained 20lbs and I'm 21 weeks tomorrow. Help! I started with a low but not underweight BMI and am generally thin. But I'm terrified of gaining too much too fast. 20 lbs in 20 weeks sounds like a lot and quickly. I don't want an overweight baby or gestational diabetes. I eat relatively well (could always be better but no fast food or junk food) and I'm trying to increase my fitness.

Thoughts? Anyone likewise distressed?
  • Options
    @jayandaplus I wouldn't stress about it too much, but you could always ask your doctor to see what they say about the gain. I'm in a similar boat - 21 weeks and I've gained 18-19 lbs. I also have a fairly thin frame (was a size 2) and started out at a low (but not underweight) BMI. I feel like I may be up about 5 lbs more than necessary at this point, but I'm not stressing about it. I've been eating healthy, just a little more than before. And all of my gain is in my belly and boobs. I'm just listening to my body right now. And, if I do end up with an extra 5 lbs more than expected after this baby, I'm ok with that. Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I don't think your weight gain correlates to your baby's size (unless you were quite malnourished).
  • Options
    @jayandaplus just remember that every person is different. There are guidelines but that doesn't mean that you will fall in that perfectly. I gained 60lbs with my DD. I"m sure I could have done some things differently but "most" of it came back off. This time, I've really watched myself and kept track of things, and at 25 weeks I've still gained around 30 pounds. :|

I've come to the conclusion that pregnancy is just not kind to me weight gain wise, and that's ok it's not forever. I didn't have GD or preeclampsia with DD and so far this pregnancy i've had some swelling but by monitoring my sodium that has went down. As long as I go to the Dr and baby is healthy and Dr isn't concerned about my health, i'm not letting it get me down this time. Just my perspective... 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @jayandaplus Yes to what @RainyDays86 said, try not to worry. That is not at all an over the top amount to have gained this far along especially if you were starting from smaller. Make healthy choices and avoid the scale if necessary. I will tell you that I am not far behind you in the weight gain (~17lbs) and on par with my last pregnancy. I gained about 35 lbs last time and I lost the baby weight very quickly. I was down 15 lbs within 2 days and 25 within two weeks. You will rock this, so try not to worry too much about the weight. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    Every person is different and every pregnancy is different! Just between my three pregnancies have been different. I gained 35lbs with DD1, 26lbs with DD2 and with this LO I'm only at a 6lb gain at 21wks. If your doctor is not concerned then I would try not to stress about it! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 @starphish18 @BeachMommy2B @Louise_Belcher @h&amp;pmomma

Thank you ladies, I really needed all the encouragement and insight. I feel much better. Still worrying but going to try not to. Thanks!
  • Options
    @jayandaplus you've already received some great advice, but just know you are not alone. I am up 8lbs just since my last appointment, and nearly 20 overall as well. It motivated me to get more active and make healthier choices for sure!

But that being said, I started around the same weight with my last pregnancy and gained around 50 lbs total. My doctor was never concerned, and a lot of it ended up being an abnormal amount of fluid- I lost 35 lbs immediately after delivery. I'm hoping for much less gain this time around, but I am trying to be ok with my body doing what it needs to do as long as I'm making mostly good choices! Growing a human is hard stuff, physically and mentally!
  • Options
    I gained much more weight during my first pregnancy but I never lost it all.  This week my dr accused me off not eating enough because I only gained 2 lbs this month.  Listen lady, I binged during the holidays and I haven't stopped eating since.  Plus I started ahead of the game to begin with!  Anyway, so long as your doctor isn't concerned, I wouldn't be.  Everyone handles each pregnancy different.  

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    I really think it all depends on what your doctor has told you and what your body type is. I started overweight and was told to try and stay under 20 lbs (more like 10-15 lbs). I didn't gain any in the first trimester and have gained about 7 or so thus far. I was told as long as I'm eating healthy (which I do for the most part, can't help a cookie here and there!) and exercising (still getting in the habit, but do attempt some) then baby will be fine. :) I wouldn't worry unless your doctor says something! 

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin