June 2017 Moms

Moms of Multiples 12/27

How far along are you? 

How big are babies?

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY: Grammar Nazi, don't care, or atrocious at spelling/grammar?

Me: 35 | DH: 46
MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
DD: Born 8/22/14
Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
And my other love: writing

Re: Moms of Multiples 12/27

• How far along are you? 
    16w4d

How big are babies?
    Avocadoes

Appointments this week? 
    No, but uggghhhh, I need to make an u/s appt tomorrow and I hate phone calls and trying to make appts.

Symptoms?
    I forgot to take my afternoon diclectin, so I guess that means the nausea is almost gone, yay! Except I also cut back to 3 pills yesterday, so I took 2 today, and I really hope I don't regret it tomorrow.

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    OK, so this seems like a stupid question, but can di/di twins interact? Like, can they touch each other since they're in separate amniotic sacs?

Grammar Nazi, although usually I withhold my commentary on others' poor grammar. Half the time nowadays, it's autocorrect or autocomplete screwing things up. But people who clearly can't spell or use the right grammar still make me cringe.

• How far along are you? 15w3d

How big are babies? Oranges

Appointments this week? Nope.

Symptoms? My belly is growing so fast and my muscles are just aching. I also get a brutal all day headache about once a week. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Rave for picking up our stroller!! We (I) decided on the Bumbleride Indie Twin, because I love me a versatile side by side stroller. It's amazing.

GTKY: Grammar Nazi, don't care, or atrocious at spelling/grammar? Grammar Nazi, however I never call people out unless it's a best friend.
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 
    17 w 6 days!

How big are babies?
    Pomegranates 

Appointments this week? 
    Nothing this week! Anatomy scan last week went great!

Symptoms?
    I'm starting to have waves of nausea after eating :(

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    None

I typically just don't care. Probably because my husband's grammar sucks sometimes lol
  • @sls They sure can! We had a scan at 14 weeks and saw Baby B pushing off of Baby A, who would then wiggle because he/she just got kicked in the head.  It was pretty cute! They will eventually wake each other up, touch limbs and wiggle around together. This is why they tend to want to be kept side by side after birth I think <3  

Anyone else ridiculously excited to wear them both in a Moby while they're super little? 

• Ooo! I didn't realize there was a way to carry them together in a Moby. Now I am :smile:
  • @sls now go get lost in a sea of heart melting-ly adorable tandem twin wearing Pinterest pictures. It's the one thing that's making twins super real for us! 
  • How far along are you?
    16W Today 

How big are babies?
    Avaocado

Appointments this week? 
    NO :(

Symptoms?
    No symptoms just a heavy feeling in my pelvic region

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    When do i find out the sex on both babies? I know one due to genetic testing

Pet peeve!!!!
  • Hi, Sophie, and welcome. I was starting to think it would be just 3 of us with twins. You make 4!

I just scheduled my 18-20 week ultrasound, which is when we can find out the sexes. Although I'm curious why they only did genetic testing on one baby? I didn't do it, so I don't know anything about it.
  • @halfthetree Moby wrap videos!!

I just found one, and I feel like she's doing like 3 things wrong... First of all, don't you need to keep newborn knees tucked inside? I'm not even going to link it because yikes. I felt like those babies were gonna slide out.

But still... EEEEEE TWO OF THEM
  • @sls oh lord haha I cringe at some of the videos out there. Yes, froggy position for newborns until they're naturally straightening out. 

And yes!!!!! I get moments of "squeeeeeeee" and happy dancing when I'm reminded of it! :#