May 2017 Moms
Options

Moms of Multiples Check-in 12.27

How far along are you?

Appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Rants / Raves / Questions?

QOTW: Any New Years' resolutions or goals? Or travel plans?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Moms of Multiples Check-in 12.27

• Options
    How far along are you?
    22w3d

Appointments this week?
    One to follow up my triage visit but will probably just check heart tones. 

Symptoms?
    Nausea is here to stay, but thankfully no more vomiting since the GI bug hit our house before Christmas. 

Nada

I rarely think of anything concrete to work on as a "New Years' resolution" but maybe this year it will be to stop procrastinating so much - especially with things for work that aren't urgent but need to get done in the next few months. 

• Options
    How far along are you?
    19w 5d

Appointments this week?
    Next Friday I have an appointment with my OB and the week after that I have an ultrasound with mfm to check Baby A's placenta to see if it moved up and get some measurements they weren't able to get during the anatomy scan.

Symptoms?
    I've been having a hard time waking up in the morning. It is SO HARD to get out of bed. Fatigue has been kicking my butt this entire pregnancy.

Where are all the other twin moms? Hopefully it is empty in here because of the holidays.  :p Thanks for doing this check-in @mdlorenz I don't always have time to get on The Bump everyday, but I love seeing what everyone is up to.

I would like to keep my house cleaner in 2017. With twins on the way I don't know how that will go over, but it is a goal.  :D No travel plans in 2017. I have no desire to leave my town, lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    16w6d

Appointments this week?
    Nope, but I made my next ultrasound appointment in two weeks. We get to find out the sexes!

Symptoms?
    Um, forgetfulness? My nausea has been getting better, so I cut back to 3 diclectin, and then promptly forgot to take one of the pills 2 days in a row. Yesterday I was feeling sick, so I'm going to make sure (!!) I take 3 today.

Since I'm posting in both May and June since the babies will likely be born in May, I was going to just do my ticker change here and the MOMs there... But maybe I should do both two places? Oh, being torn between two worlds is so stressful! *hand to forehead*

I try not to do NY resolutions because it's such an arbitrary time and I feel like I shouldn't wait if something needs to be resolved. But I've been feeling so sick and tired that I'm hoping in the NY, I will feel better and be able to get back on track with writing goals in January. The plan is to finish a novella and two novels before the babies are born, so I can publish them this summer. It's a stretch, but I did NaNoWriMo at 7 months pregnant with DD, so this is just like two of those in a row.
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • Options
    @sls No pressure to double post! Whatever works for you. 

• Options
    So I'm just coming in to reminisce a little.  I thought of you ladies a little this morning as I was playing with my kiddos.  I remembered being scared of the first year, no lie it was tough, but nobody told me the second year with multiples was a blast and how much easier it gets.

My twinks turn 2 in a few days and with the hormones I'm obviously emotional, but seriously guys they are so much fun (and hard work, but mostly fun lol).  

Also if you haven't joined your local MoMs club yet do it, those are some of my best friends and they really get it.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @chickyclg Thanks for the reminder about local MoM groups - I've been meaning to look into that. 

• Options
    How far along are you?
    20w3d
    Appointments this week?
    I had one this morning! I got to hear the babies, am measuring 24 weeks, and have gained 8 lbs. Next U/S is in 4 weeks and then I think they start getting closer together. 
    Symptoms?
    Just plain tired.

I still have not named these little cuties and I think it's making it so it doesn't feel real yet. I keep waiting for each milestone thinking then it will feel real, but I think I need to get my booty in gear and get some stuff done because time is going way faster than I remember and whether it feels real or not, I guess it is! I can't wait to meet this little people! 

I am going to stay organized this year! No travel plans... we're home bodies. 

@chickyclg thanks for the encouragement :) 
  • Options
    @Jkp7749 I keep doing the same thing. I keep saying "after the next ultrasound, we should get started on...." Then I don't end up doing it and am like "well, after the next appointment". I haven't started picking out names, working on a space for them, or really much of anything. Eek. I'm sure May will come sooner than I think and I should really get on it.

My previous loss and bleeding I have been having in this pregnancy have not helped matters on getting things done. It makes me feel like I need to keep waiting to buy or do things until I am absolutely sure the pregnancy is going well. Not that you can ever be 100% sure.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Jellybeanqueen13 exactly! Luckily, I've only had minor spotting this go around, but after experiencing losses as well, I feel the same as you! I wish there was a point where you could know it was 100% good! I think I'll get started this weekend because if I keep waiting they might be here before I even get started lol.
  • Options
    mdlorenz said:
    @sls No pressure to double post! Whatever works for you. 

I don't mind double posting, but it feels like, "Look at me! Look at me!"

And we have our first MoM meeting next week. I'm exited/nervous. I think it'll make things seem super real, when I start talking to people that have twins already talking about their experiences. :-O
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • Options
    I was given a prenatal massage for Christmas. I'm thinking of using it this weekend but am wondering if I should wait until further into the pregnancy or if now is a good time. Have y'all had one? When was it best? 
  • Options
    @Jkp7749 at this point I'd go sooner than later.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    How far along are you?
    20w 1d

Appointment this week?
    Yesterday! Ultrasound surprised us with twin boys! WOW This will be LO #4 and #5

Symptoms?
    Heart burn starts every night around 7:30 no matter what I eat. Bathroom breaks are getting a lot more frequent.

Rants / Raves / Questions
    Tons of questions honestly but still wrapping my head around twins.

QOTW: Any New Year's Resolutions or goals? Or travel plans?
    We had set a goal to better organize the house and this just makes that even more necessary LOL. Travel plans this year are one to my family out of state, haven't been in a whole year and I really need it!