June 2017 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change - 12/27

For those with an EDD of 6/6, 6/13, 6/20, and 6/27.

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointment updates?

Any new symptoms or changes?  

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: Share your favorite NYE memory! 

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change - 12/27

• How far along are you? 17 weeks

How big is baby? Salsa Jar (I LOVE Alpha Mom's size comparisons... they crack me up) or a Pomegranate

Appointment updates? Not until next Tuesday

Any new symptoms or changes?  Still puking when I pick up DD in the AM to cuddle, heartburn is right around the corner... I can feel it rearing it's ugly head

Rants/Raves/Questions? I have a rave for my current book on birthing. It gives some really great advice for having difficult conversations with loved ones who feel it's their job to tell you what to do with your life. I think their advice for dealing with pushy family members is great in general, not just as it pertains to birthing.

GTKY: Share your favorite NYE memory! My family has a tradition of gifting a trip to our graduates. When I graduated college, I used my trip to go to Paris for NYE with my Mr, my sis and my BIL. The four of us had SO much fun and getting to see fireworks (one of my loves) above the Eiffel Tower was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. 

• For those with an EDD of 6/6, 6/13, 6/20, and 6/27.

How far along are you? 17 weeks

How big is baby? chipmunk (via ovia)

Appointment updates?nothing.. waiting to hear when my AS will be. 

Any new symptoms or changes?  the heartburn had started, but luckily my midwife had already given my Rx for nexium.. it's the only thing I will take during pregnancy, I call it my magic pill! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? my rave is that my husband who is military gets two weeks off at Christmas time every year, this year he's been letting me sleep in every day and then take a nap when the kids do (he's awesome) my rave is that I'm gonna be sucking big time when he goes back to work! 

GTKY: Share your favorite NYE memory! one year I was probably 14 I went to a friends house for a party, they have this tradition of grapes... it was a lot of fun and we did it sitting around a campfire and had smores after! 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 14 weeks (I feel so far behind PPs!)

How big is baby? Peach

Appointment updates? 15 week appointment on 01/04. With DS, they had a rough time finding his heartbeat via doppler so we got to see him on ultrasound. It was awesome seeing how much he looked like a human compared to the initial 9 week ultrasound and he was moving a ton, too! Not sure if I'll get to see this LO on ultrasound next week or not but I sure hope so!

Any new symptoms or changes?  Nausea still a BIG issue. Sciatica flaring up and thinking about using my chiropractic benefits for once. Also, still tired/fatigued, and planning to bring it up to my CNM at the next appointment if it's still an issue (it is almost borderline depression at this point). Headaches once a day, too. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? My rant is that I'm still so very exhausted and lacking energy, or maybe it's motivation, to do anything! Also, I've been gaining weight like a fiend! My CNM is a stickler about weight gain and I'm not looking forward to what she may say at my appointment next week. I was told to gain 15-25lbs only (my BMI is 26; overweight) and I've already gained 6lbs so odds of staying in range are pretty slim. This time with DS, I had only gained 3lbs by my 15 week appointment. 

GTKY: Share your favorite NYE memory! When my bf (now DH) took me to Embarcadero in San Francisco to watch the fireworks at midnight. I spent my whole life in the Bay Area but had never seen them! It was an interesting experience, to say the least, but it was romantic and super fun!

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

• @MrsCaliRN I literally never gain in the range I'm supposed to. Because well, food!  :# my first pregnancy I gained 45, then 43, and my last I gained 38.. which would be a good pattern in hopes that this time I would gain less than that, but I started this pregnancy off 10lbs heavier than normal... I know my end weight will be awful. 
  • I'm 16w 1d. I have an ob appointment today. My new symptoms are some slight pain in my side & low key heartburn but nothing major. I'm still waiting for the second trimester burst of energy. I don't have any special nye memories. For years now I've spent it at home by myself. 
  • @MrsCaliRN I literally never gain in the range I'm supposed to. Because well, food!  :# my first pregnancy I gained 45, then 43, and my last I gained 38.. which would be a good pattern in hopes that this time I would gain less than that, but I started this pregnancy off 10lbs heavier than normal... I know my end weight will be awful. 
     I hear ya! With DS, I gained 40lbs, which my outside midwife was okay with. She told me mom's should expect to gain ~1lb/week of pregnancy, which is exactly what I did! I liked her a lot better than my current midwife ;)

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

• Sorry guys I'm bad about filling these out but I promise I'm reading everyday! 

How far along are you? 
    14w3d today 

How big is baby? Beet

Appointment updates? Nope! I gotta get on scheduling my 16w visit... 

Any new symptoms or changes?  I thought I was getting my energy back but today has been brutal. Maybe next week.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Not much!! 

GTKY: Share your favorite NYE memory! My favorite NYE was 2000, I was 13. Just such a cool year change and our city went all out 
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24