1st Trimester

conception

Hey everyone!  I'd really like to get some opinions here because I feel like I'll be judged by my doctor. My ex and i were together almost 2yrs. The last time we had sex that I know for sure was Oct 17th. I had spotting and an odd period around Oct 22nd. After that we went out the night before Halloween, I got wasted and don't even remember going home. He never said we had sex and i didn't ask, so if we did it would've technically been Oct 31st. So I had sex with someone else Nov 9th and 11th. My period was due around the 19th and obviously never came. On Dec 14th my baby measured 7w2d on ultrasound. In your opinion is my ex the father and i just don't remember conceiving? It's driving me nuts.

Re: conception

• If you know when your period is due and roughly when you ovulate, you should be able to determine this fairly easily on your own with a simple conception calculator. In your specific situation, you'll probably need a paternity test to be 100% sure though.
    If this isn't just MUD, good luck. I'll leave it at that.
  • No the circumstances surrounding my child are not "MUD" thank you
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey everyone!  I'd really like to get some opinions here because I feel like I'll be judged by my doctor. My ex and i were together almost 2yrs. The last time we had sex that I know for sure was Oct 17th. I had spotting and an odd period around Oct 22nd. After that we went out the night before Halloween, I got wasted and don't even remember going home. He never said we had sex and i didn't ask, so if we did it would've technically been Oct 31st. So I had sex with someone else Nov 9th and 11th. My period was due around the 19th and obviously never came. On Dec 14th my baby measured 7w2d on ultrasound. In your opinion is my ex the father and i just don't remember conceiving? It's driving me nuts.
    Why don't you ask your ex? I get that that's not the most fun conversation to have, but goodness, you may be having a child with him! In my book, that trumps the awkwardness of talking about it. Either way, you should probably get a paternity test. 

I'm not sure why you'd ask this forum who the father is. Me saying yes, he probably is or no, he's definitely not does not change who the father is. All it does is give you hope (which may turn out to be false) or give you worries (which may turn out to be false). 
  • Hey everyone!  I'd really like to get some opinions here because I feel like I'll be judged by my doctor. My ex and i were together almost 2yrs. The last time we had sex that I know for sure was Oct 17th. I had spotting and an odd period around Oct 22nd. After that we went out the night before Halloween, I got wasted and don't even remember going home. He never said we had sex and i didn't ask, so if we did it would've technically been Oct 31st. So I had sex with someone else Nov 9th and 11th. My period was due around the 19th and obviously never came. On Dec 14th my baby measured 7w2d on ultrasound. In your opinion is my ex the father and i just don't remember conceiving? It's driving me nuts.
    QFP

@Christie92

I am doing the "math" while at work so I did it quick but given where your baby is measuring on Dec 14th and time for implantation I am going to GUESS that your ex is the father. I agree with PP that you should do a paternity test because you slept with 2 people so close together.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I think that the best way to go about a sensible guess is to ask you ex if you did or did not have sex on Oct 30... if you did then the baby could easily be either one of the men's... if you did not I wouldn't consider you ex as the potential father and only the second guy. It sounds like the second guy was more of a temporary fling or a couple nights stand/rebound so you would think you'd be more comfortable discussing this with your ex first... how I determined the guess was because if your dating ultrasound put the baby at 7+2 on December 14... and you said you had an odd period around Oct 22nd... then math makes your date of last mentrual to be oct 24... since there can be a few days fluctuation in the ultrasounds that would mean that the odd period from oct 22 was definitely your period.That would only leave the night of Oct 30 to be your night in question for the baby to be your exes. Soooo ask him if you had sex or not. If he said no then I'd go with guy number 2 and if he says yes, then it sounds like you will need to explain the situation to both men. Either way I hope you tell them the truth so they can have the option of a paternity test before possibly taking on responsibility for another man's baby.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Update...on 3/6 baby measured at 20w1d