Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

How long...

Did you cope? Before you started trying again? What helped you best to cope & move on?

Thx.
*TW
Me: 33 DH: 34
Married 6.5 years
mc: 12.23.2016 (8 wks)
ttc: in a few months

Best Answer

Re: How long...

• Options
    Sorry for your loss. Everybody copes differently and chooses when to start ttc again very differently as well. After my first mmc at 11 weeks, we benched ourselves for 6 months because we moved and I got a new job, but if that hadn't happened, we probably would have tried again immediately. I think for me, being/staying pregnant and hopefully having a rainbow baby will be the only way (at this point) to help me move forward. I can re evaluate at a later point depending on what happens. 

I wish I had a better answer as to what has helped me cope and "move on" but I can't really think of anything right now honestly. DH has helped be very supportive, and I think just focusing on our relationship has helped us not wallow in the what could have been.

Oh, I thought of something! After I found out we were having a second mmc, I focused on pampering myself for a couple weeks. I got my nails done, and I got a tattoo, things I had been putting off. It actually helped in the short term. And I love my tatto! It's somewhat symbolizes my losses.  

Well, that was a longer post than I thought it was going to be. OP, I hope you are able to find some joy in the things around you, loss sucks and I'm sorry you're going through this. 

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3