June 2017 Moms
Options

"I think we should see other people"

kahlan82kahlan82 member
edited December 2016 in June 2017 Moms
DH and I have been together for 10 years. He is great but every once and a while he says things that make me turn to him and say, "I think we should see other people."

Tonight's gem: " You are so much better with how you handle emotions than when I first met you."

How about it ladies, any great one liners or actions from your SO that make you say, "I think we should see/date other people."?

Me: 34  DH: 35
Married: July 2009
BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

Re: "I think we should see other people"

• Options
    Oh mine lives to tease me! I was complaining of a sore back on Christmas Eve, as I was cooking everything for 25 people.  Infront of my mom, grandmas and sisters he goes "you have to push two kids out at once, suck it up, you're going to do much worse". He was totally joking but I could have flicked him right in the forehead haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @vixey ugh I'm annoyed for you after reading that. Comments like that always annoy me because they highlight just how little whoever asking ever helps with that activity. 

The other day my husband asked me how to run the dishwasher. We've lived in this house for about 2 years now and we've had the same dishwasher the whole time. If he has no idea at all how to run the dishwasher it's just because he never does it.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    When we argued, he used to say "this is wasting my time."  I took it as "being together is a waste of time".  I told him how much it upsets me when he says that, he hasn't said it again.
    Pregnancy Ticker

TTC #1 July 2013
    Clomid w/ IUI 
    Clomid w/ timed intercourse - BFP #1, MC Oct 2015
    Clomid w/ IUI
    Clomid w/ timed intercourse
    IVF Sept 2016 - BFP #2  EDD June 20, 2017

• Options
    I rarely cook. I've been cooking up a storm because DH decided to go on a kitchen strike since my brother and his family arrived for the holidays. Fair enough. But rather than applaud me for stepping up and trying, DH does things like stand over me and laugh, but not tell me why; and watches what I do, then after it's all done, tell me how he would have done it differently.

I know I'm not a great cook. But a) I am trying my hardest, b) he is really not the culinary god he likes to believe he is, and c) why not help instead of criticize?!

He's a wonderful husband, but this aspect has been really frustrating this week. 
  • Options
    LMMamaLMMama member
    edited December 2016
    A while ago my fiancé and I were having an
    anger fueled argument over me wanting him to do
    something specific for DD's birthday and him wanting to do something with his friends for a bachelor party on the same day. I said something to the extent of "Sometimes you just need to do things with your family" and his response was "And every once in a while you get the chance to do something fun." He immediately took it back but it took all of my willpower not to slap him. 
  • Options
    @vixey are we married to the same person?! DD is 14 months old. He doesn't know what goes in the diaper bag or where anything in the diaper bag goes. Every time I ask him to get her dressed he has no idea where her clothes are or what she should wear and heaven forbid I ask him to give her a meal or snack. If he asks me what she should eat one more time I'm going to snap. 
  • Options
    @virginiaunicorn11 grrrr that struck a chord with me because I also don't cook and I imagined myself in your place. Now I don't ever want to try cooking because I will slug DH if he gets smart with me!! 
  • Options

From my husband last night while I was showing him my bump.... "You know you're going to have to work really hard to get that baby weight off... baby weight is the hardest to lose."  Talk about a one two punch to my self esteem.  I started counting calories and logging my food again in myfitnesspal this morning. 

• Options

@doodleoodle unfortunately I have no choice.  I'm in the military and have 6 months to get off whatever weight I put on.  It's stressful to say the least to know as soon as the baby comes I have to start dieting. 

He just really made me sad with what he said. 

• Options
    doodleoodledoodleoodle member
    edited December 2016
    @Wearmi1 Oh man! I had no idea that was a military rule. I understand why you'd be sad. You think he'd express excitement over your growing bump. Men just don't know what to say sometimes. *hugs*

ETA that in my experience baby weight is the easiest to lose. I gained 40 pounds during my first pregnancy and lost all but 7 pounds in a few months without really trying. So try not to stress. Everyone is different! You don't know how your body will respond.
  • Options
    A couple weeks ago I asked my husband to cut my sons nails. First he asked where the nail clippers were. Then he asked me how did he trim them. Then he wanted to know how should he hold our son and get them clipped. Our son is 14 months old. And this was his first time doing this. I asked him how he thought they have been trimmed all the test of the kids life. 
  • Options
    @kassyfry. WAIT, he actually tried to clip your son's nails. Sorry, that is a win. DS is almost 3.5 and hubby won't even try to trim them. ;)

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options

Thanks ladies I appreciate the support!  It's certainly very encouraging. 

• Options
    @Wearmi1 I found losing the baby weight very easy, as well. It's the weight I put on because I didn't change my eating habits when I stopped BF'ing that I had a hard time dropping. You'll be fine, I'm sure.  :)
  • Options
    Your stories all made me lol, dads to be really need to work on their filters. My husband is generally very involved and helpful but every time we leave the house he's standing at the door ready to go and I'm scrambling to dress DD and pack the diaper bag and he's not understanding why I'm not ready. If he packs the diaper bag we inevitably get where we're going and are missing things like a sip cup, snacks, a change of clothes..you know, the basics.

• Options
    Omg DH asks me all the time what DD should eat... she eats everything we eat unless it's a hard fruit or veggies. Why is that so difficult to remember????

I had a major "I'm going to kill you" day recently. Night before DD's 1st birthday party he decided to go out with some friends which is fine I just told him remember you have to be up early to help me pack up so make sure you don't go crazy. He came home at 3 am piss drunk and spent the rest of the night in the bathroom puking his brains out and finally fell asleep when DD woke up. So I raced around like a mad woman getting all the last minute details done while feeding her, keeping her entertained cause she was being fussy as ever. He finally wakes up right after I put her down for a nap and showers while telling me his buddies kept buying him shots so it's not his fault and laughing to himself about some inside jokes... idiot! I then start loading up the car only to come back and see him sacked out on the couch on his phone. Had a very strong urge to throw my shoe in his face! 
  • Options
    My breaking point with the Mr would be his questions. He will ask me questions that I couldn't possibly answer off the top of my head and he is perfectly capable of answering himself. It drives ME BONKERS!!!

For example, he will ask me where he put his car keys. I have no freaking clue. You were home when I left for work and you were already home by the time I got back. How the hell should I know where your keys are?!?!

• Options
    My breaking point with the Mr would be his questions. He will ask me questions that I couldn't possibly answer off the top of my head and he is perfectly capable of answering himself. It drives ME BONKERS!!!

For example, he will ask me where he put his car keys. I have no freaking clue. You were home when I left for work and you were already home by the time I got back. How the hell should I know where your keys are?!?!

Lol, I do this to DH. It's usually my phone, and he often does know where it is. No good deed goes unpunished, is what I tell him ;) 
  • Options

Lol, I do this to DH. It's usually my phone, and he often does know where it is. No good deed goes unpunished, is what I tell him ;) 
    DH literally called me when I had been out of town for 3 days once to ask if I knew where his drivers license was bc he wanted to go out with our friends and couldn't find it.  Again, I'd been out of town for 3 days.  Scarily, I did tell him where to look, and that's where it was.  So even though it was stupid, I guess if it works he'll just keep doing it. ;-)
  • Options
    DH as I leave for my prenatal yoga class....  "have fun with all your fat friends!!!"
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DH is a SAHD, which is why it drives me nuts that he does the same thing with the diaper bag. It was the worst when I first went back to work when DD was 8 months. I thought he'd HAVE to learn his lesson.

Nope. She's 2y4m now, and he'll still forget it or be mystified that it didn't "magically" refill itself or that he didn't put a bib in or that her clothes are 3 sizes too small.

He's great with 95% of everything else (I think he's afraid to hurt her clipping her nails, so OK, fine), but gah, the diaper bag.
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • Options

@merrylea I feel like your hubby and mine should get together... two birds of a feather! 

I'm with all of you ladies with the hubs always asking where he put his stuff.  Everyday without fail it's something.  And when he can't find whatever he's looking for he accuses me of moving his stuff or misplacing whatever it is he needs.  My fave was when I couldn't find his car keys anywhere.... well I found them in his jeans pocket from the pants he'd worn the day before.  So annoying!

• Options
    My DH is pretending to be sick today. I say pretending because this is what always happens when he's "sick". He works 2nd shift, so he lays around all afternoon moaning about how he is so sick and he has a fever and can't help me out at all because DD or myself will get sick. Then he practically whistles and skips out the door to go to work. 
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I had a melt down yesterday... Tough time being pregnant and under lots of stress!!