December 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Appointments 12.26

Really dropped the ball today y'all! Who has appointments this week? 

WHO IS EXPECTING A BABY THIS WEEK?!

Me:27   H:30
Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
Trying to conceive since 01.2014
Low AFC and azoospermia
IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Weekly Appointments 12.26

• Options
    I have a visit tomorrow with a lactation physician after not getting help from two LCs. Really hopeful we can get back to EBF after all this stupid pumping. 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Had my final PP appointment today. Everything is back to normal according to my OB. My incision has healed nicely, bleeding has stopped, and I was cleared for all activities like exercise and DTD. I have been snickering all day about being told that my "uterus was completely back to normal." I'm glad that it is, of course, I just didn't expect to be informed that explicitly. I was given the all clear to wean myself off the blood pressure medicine I was given in the hospital and OB doesn't need to see me again until June. Thumbs up all around. 

The boy has his appointment on the 29th. I'm looking forward to seeing how much he weighs and talking to the pediatrician further about the constipation the poor thing has been dealing with for the past week. We may need to change his formula to something for sensitive systems. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wednesday is my 6 week checkup that became my post-op checkup. We'll see what they say. I'm pretty peeved that I was discharged and left to fend for myself with a big chunk of placenta just chillin' in there. DH is coming with me and will have lots of questions. Does anyone know why there is not a standard sonogram before checking out of the hospital (or at least within a couple days of delivery) for new moms who have issues? I've read that in other countries it is standard for all births. I feel like it makes sense... but I'm no doctor :)

• Options
    Max had a weight check appt today. This past Wednesday, he was weighed and was still under his birth weight (he was 2.5 weeks at the time). That's when I went right to the LC and she had us start supplementing with formula. Max has gained 12 ounces since Wednesday, which was great news! 

• Options
    I had an appt yesterday and another Thursday if baby isn't here by then. I'm overdue 5 days and it seems all I can focus on. I'm so grouchy about it! Haha I wasn't this long with my first! 
  • Options
    Baby had his first appointment yesterday. Weight and jaundice check since we were released from the hospital early. Lost some weight, but in the expected range so all is well. 
  • Options
    Pedi appt in about an hour for possible GERD/reflux. I'm hoping to get some answers so we can get some relief. 
  • Options
    Due date is this Friday! I met with the head midwife at our clinic today. Everything looked really good. I've had contractions since Friday but they're not very painful or timeable. I declined to be checked because they just checked me at my last appt. Next week they'll check me and if I'm dialated enough they'll do a membrane sweep. Physically doing OK but mentally and emotionally I am beyond done and having a hard time. I'm really hoping she arrives on her own this week without any interference.

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    40 week apt tomorrow (39+5) hoping to hear I have progressed in some way since last week. I am so ready to be done. Some random contractions but nothing steady enough, hopefully we will talk about their protocol if baby goes into next week but still really really hoping he is here this weekend on his own!
  • Options
    Due date is tomorrow so I have an appointment on Thursday. Zilch contraction action. I'll have an NST and go from there. Started swelling like a balloon the last several days which is no fun. The texts and calls have begun "any sign of him yet". No ppl.
  • Options
    Thursday appointment with the midwife. I'll be 40 weeks exactly! I'm hoping I don't make it...but I'm not feeling anything, blah. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    40+1 today and feeling miserable about it. 
    I got my hopes up yesterday at my MW appointment because she said I should take a nap and she thought she'd be seeing me soon... which is great advice... but no. 
    I just want to do this thing! 

@PensiveCrayon hugs lady! I feel ya!!! 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Options
    Appointment today was frustrating after the contractions and pain I have been feeling I really thought something would have changed.  But I am still not dilated at all.  Due Friday.  But with my GD and GBS positive they let me schedule an induction so Monday night is the time, if he isn't here on his own before then!
  • Options
    Took LO in for her discharge follow up appointment- only 2 oz away from her birth weight and she's already grown a little. She has been pooping non stop after not poopin for 2 days after going home, and her poor umbilical stump got ripped off while we were changing her in the office. At least it happened there so the doc could cauterize it and stop the bleeding. Poor thing. Otherwise she is perfect and we don't have to go back for 2 weeks!
  • Options
    Had my PP today. I have thrush, a bad case of PPD, and am more anemic now than when I was discharged. Got a whole slew of new Rxs to fix things, but am otherwise cleared for everything.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    @Kate08Young ugh! Feel better soon!! 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    @Kate08Young girrllllll I feel you on the thrush. It's no joke. I'm sorry you're going through all that. Hopefully those scripts will give you some relief!

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm actually most excited about the Zoloft. Maybe I will actually want to do something besides sleep 24/7.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    @Kate08Young You poor thing! I hope they can put all the pieces back together and you'll feel like a new woman. 
  • Options
    Had my 6 week pp appointment. I was happy to hear that the pathology they ran on my placenta because she was a little early came back normal. So she was just early because she was done cooking. 

Got a pap and iud put in. The iud insertion was soooo much better this time than before baby. Last time it was almost unbearable. I'm cleared for everything and so looking forward to sex so hopefully the spotting from the iud doesn't last long.
  • Options
    Mamax2Mamax2 member
    edited December 2016
    I had my 4 week PP visit today. My OB scared me though. He asked me if I was ready for another baby, and I quickly shut him down saying "no. This baby making store is closed". His response "Um, how mad would you be if I told you that I forgot to tie your tubes?" . I was like WTH? Excuse me?! He goes I'm just kidding with you. Just wanted to see what your reaction would be". Gee thanks doc for giving me a mini heart attack. Anyway, he cleared me for all activities, which made DH happy, haha. He was pleased with how well my incision has healed.
  • Options
    Yesterday we took DD to the pediatrician to talk about the blood in her diapers last weekend. She agreed with what urgent care told us, that DD is probably having a reaction to milk proteins so I am supposed to cut out milk and eggs for two weeks to see if that clears up.
    I had my 4 week PP visit today. My stitches are still healing but doctor said they are healing as they should be. I have to start taking a calcium pill since I'm not getting it from milk. I have to decide what to do about birth control, but I'm not sure what we want to do yet. I have PCOS and rarely get my period without medication to make me, but the doctor said I could go up to a year without it while breastfeeding before she would worry about it.
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • Options
    Took Gwen in on Tuesday for her first pediatrician visit after discharge. Did a jaundice blood test because doc thought she was looking alittle yellow, but everything came back perfectly fine. She was down 3oz from 7lbs 15oz to 7lbs 12oz. Really everything looked great...eating good, umbilical cord looking good, pooping and peeing a good amount. Made her second check up for 2 weeks from now. :) 
  • Options
    Yesterday was my 6 week PP appointment and I got my IUD put in.  It was my first time out with DS all by myself and it went well.  It was raining when we left so I'm glad I threw the car seat cover in the diaper bag!

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    @jandd2014 from  experience I can tell you that if baby has blood in the stool you will have to cut out much more than milk. It has to be anything with lactose or dairy in it and it is hidden in lots of different foods. DS1 has a milk protein allergy and what helped the most was to start an elimination diet. Then I could add back things as we would test his stool for microscopic blood to ensure what was added back wasn't hurting him. We had a lucky case and was only showing symptoms to milk protein and I could eliminate it enough from my diet we were able to continue BFing however many babies with that allergy have to go on a special (and extremely expensive) prescription formula that is amino acid base. FX you can figure out what LO needs quickly! That's not fun!
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    @Gizmo1231 thanks for sharing about your DS. It's been hard reading labels and figuring out what I can actually eat while taking care a newborn. I eat an ok diet most of the time but I have been relying on more packaged food than usual PP, and it's been a drastic change to my diet to cut out all milk and egg products! They haven't run tests on her diapers yet, as so far the blood has been visible, but we go back in two weeks so if eliminating milk and eggs seems to have worked, I'll be sure to ask for a stool test to be sure it's really gone. 
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • Options
    @jandd2014 You can do it! 
    BabyFruit Ticker