June 2017 Moms

Monday Bitchfest

Im bored at the moment while my 2 year old finishes his nap on me. 

So what do you ladies have to bitch about?? 

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• I already bitched about the overload of toys in my house but while I worked my pregnant booty off all morning my DH mostly just sat in his chair watching TV.  All the empty toy box trash is still sitting in the kitchen. I guess he's waiting for me to break that down too?? I finally asked him to vacuum after I got all the toys organized and now I'm laying on the couch until I get the enery to empty and reload the dishwasher and do laundry.  Grr 
  • Loading the player...
  • This effing fatigue! I am so unmotivated today to do anything! Will be 14 weeks tomorrow and if this hasn't cleared up by my 15 week appointment on Jan 4th, I'm going to have my CNM check my thyroid!

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

• Having so much useless shit. I try to practice Konmari method lately and just chuck anything that is "meh" to me but the junk just keeps flowing!!! Moving has brought this anger out of me. And I moved last year as well, so you would think I'd have significantly less shit.
  • I'll jump on the cleaning train. We're trying to clean up our spare room to convert to a toddler room, but there is so much junk. My bitch is that we let it get this bad. We still have boxes from our first move 3.5 years ago. 
  • BellaO21 said:
    I hate driving through Ohio. I feel like this state never ends and I'm going to be trapped here forever... every time I drive through it.  :s
    Omg, I lived in Ohio, and it's bad...but Pennsylvania is even worse! I hope you're not driving east. You have my sympathies!
  • BellaO21 said:
    I hate driving through Ohio. I feel like this state never ends and I'm going to be trapped here forever... every time I drive through it.  :s
    Omg, I lived in Ohio, and it's bad...but Pennsylvania is even worse! I hope you're not driving east. You have my sympathies!
    South actually, lol. Pennsylvania is pretty bad too, I agree... but thankfully I don't do that drive that often!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • The drama on my side of the family is real ridiculous right now. My dad is a paraplegic and got addict to pain pills. He got kicked off of them and keeps going to the ER. He was there all last week and he's there again today. On top of it he's been sick and didn't talk or eat during Christmas last night. 

My little brothers girlfriend of three years broke up with him before thanksgiving and he's been coping with large amounts of alcohol. He got himself arrested on Christmas Eve after crashing his car while driving drunk. 

Christmas was freaking wonderful at my parents house yesterday!! 
  • Dd1 was sick all Christmas. So we ended our vacation early and drove 13 hours home. Only our 13 hour drive was over 15 hours because of traffic. Also DDs fever is back so dh is convinced she has some horrible disease. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • BellaO21 said:
    1000% Pennsylvania is the worst... we drove from Maine to GA when my bf at the time now DH moved for us to be in the same city.  OMG I thought we'd never get out of PA!!!
  • @kassyfry so sorry your dad and brother are having a rough go... hopefully y'all were able to enjoy some aspects of the holiday!
  • I feel like I have been constantly cleaning my house for the past 3 days and it still looks like shit and now has double the toys everywhere! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kassyfry so sorry your dad and brother are having a rough go... hopefully y'all were able to enjoy some aspects of the holiday!
    Thank you! Sorry to be the debby downer of the thread but it's just frustrating that my side of the family always has the drama. The rest of our Christmas with our small family of three and Christmas with my husbands side was wonderful. Hopefully my family can turn over a new leaf in 2017 
  • BellaO21 said:
    I went to college in Ohio and I agree it was always a tough drive from home to school. I also don't understand how some Ohio counties label their roads with letters (like county road C) and why are there no dirt roads in Ohio? Be normal like Indiana  ;)
  • @kassyfry That sounds so stressful! I'm sorry you are going through that. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh @kassyfry I am sorry you are having to deal with all of that.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• kassyfry said:
    BellaO21 said:
    I went to college in Ohio and I agree it was always a tough drive from home to school. I also don't understand how some Ohio counties label their roads with letters (like county road C) and why are there no dirt roads in Ohio? Be normal like Indiana  ;)
    My favorite one is "Needmore Rd."  :D
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • DH went to pick up my SS yesterday for our Christmas time with him.  He got sick in the car on the way home, and proceeded to vomit most
    of the afternoon and evening.  Of course we had ALL of H's family at the house when they got home (I'm talking 18 people not counting the 4 of us) and all of dinner was just finishing up.  DH kept expecting me to drop everything and help him with SS.  It took every ounce of my being not to lose it on him.  I'm 13 weeks pregnant, trying to host YOUR family, and your primary concern is cleaning your truck.  Oh, and god forbid I catch this thing, I'm limited on what I can do to speed it along.

AND now DH is also got the bug, and is acting like he is dying.  I hate when men are sick.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @awillis13 I came here to bitch DH has the man flu..... literally just a scratchy throat but he proceeded to tell his mom and then his dad when talking to them today after I told him my sister has come down with the actual flu after she complained about having a sore throat for Christmas. He tells his parents as if he is down for the count for the next week or so while I'm over here cleaning up Christmas and making a meatloaf and doing dishes not worring if I get sick bc I probably already got the germs if it came from either of them. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ugh DD (13m) is going through a nasty sleep regression and just wants to be held.  She went from STTN (10-11 hours) to waking every couple of hours and screaming her head off until I hold her for an obscene amount of time.  FML
  • UGH!!
     I'm fed up with my mother in law!  Not that I need "attention" but when I told them we are having a girl and then told her her name- the response I got was "you already know the name". No congratulations or anything.  No excitement in her voice....... Nothing!!!!

My family on the other hand- thrilled and excited we are having another girl. RANT OVER but I just had to get it out!  My in laws SUCK!  Lol
  • @Jendink, my MIL was the same way- absolutely no emotion on her face or in the voice with the news of her 1st granddaughter, or the name. 
    I take her for a grain of salt at this point- my DH hates it but I couldn't care less if I see her or not on any given day. Lol
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @BellaO21. I should be used to it bc she did it with my first pregnancy too but it's annoying!  Like no excitement at all!  But then she wants to come over just to "play" with my 2 yr old..... I actually left the house (my DH was here
  • I'll jump on the MIL train:

It drives me bonkers when she talks to DD in baby talk. We all talk in normal tones using regular words to DD. She's 2 for goodness sake... she can understand words and she tells you if she doesn't know what you mean. 

But it worse than just baby talk, it's super high pitched and LOUD plus MIL claps at her. DD just looks at her and gets all weirded out. MIL, stop scaring my kid and be normal. Maybe then my kid will talk to you, smile at you, sing you a song... ya know, the stuff she does for everyone else. THIS is why my kid doesn't like you!!

• I'm about to throat punch my SIL. She always feels like she has the right to challenge and have opinions about mine and H's parenting decisions. She felt like it was appropriate to tell H that we should have had DD skip her nap yesterday so that she could be at a family friend's house longer. She says shit like this all the time. I'm sorry, but I don't compromise nap time or bed time for anyone. I'm glad she has a baby who is easy who still sleeps all the time, but my almost 3 year old is an entirely different animal. We've tried to skip nap time before, and it's miserable. 
  • @rmarble23 I had to run to my moms to grab something earlier today, and he told me to "tell them I loved them" as if he is freaking dying.  

And when i apologized for being snippy when he got home, his response was "well you know how I am about my truck, I had to get it cleaned."  Dude, I could give 2 s's about your truck in that moment. Concern for the comfort of your son, I get.  But there were 10 other adult family members who would have gladly helped get him settled.

and bonus fun for me, I have my NT scan in the morning, so now I'm probably going solo, since he's dying and all....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kassyfry said:
    BellaO21 said:
    Whaaaaaaaat?! Did you go to school in the Cleveland area??? Ohio is fulllll of dirt roads. Here's the one I grew up on. Southern Ohio is full of them!
  • @virginiaunicorn11 No I went to school in Findlay. So kind of north west Ohio. I must not have been far enough south to enjoy them!! 
  • I know it's Tuesday, but can I join in on the MIL ranting? We go over to her house at least one weekend day every weekend. And I usually spend a few hours over there with DD during the week. There have even been times where I've spent the entire day there. We spent several hours there on Christmas Eve causing DD to get to bed late and be a total mess on Christmas. So on Christmas Day when we were only able to spend 2 hours there due to spending time with my family, which I rarely get to see, and DD's bedtime and my MIL gets all huffy and says, "Thanks for stopping by." I literally could have screamed. I walked out without saying a word because I have no idea what would have came out of my mouth. 
  • ALL of my DD's toys have teeny tiny parts now so I am going to have to move them all into her room somehow before the baby comes - and I have no idea how I'm going to fit them in there.  I can't just leave them out because I know they will end up in the baby's hands somehow.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • I will also second all these gripes about MIL's.  Mine hasn't even acknowledged to me that I'm pregnant unless I've reached out to her and engaged her in a conversation.  I've had all these issues and not once has she called or texted to inquire about how I'm doing.  She will converse with my husband about the pregnancy but not with me.  So irritating!
  • Wearmi1 said:
    I will also second all these gripes about MIL's.  Mine hasn't even acknowledged to me that I'm pregnant unless I've reached out to her and engaged her in a conversation.  I've had all these issues and not once has she called or texted to inquire about how I'm doing.  She will converse with my husband about the pregnancy but not with me.  So irritating!
    This. ^ my inlaws just view me as an incubator for their grandkids. 
  • HgPaHgPa member
    edited December 2016
    I know it's Tuesday, but I have to jump on this MIL dogpile. My MIL doesn't think we should find out the sex. We are going to find out, and we are really excited! We know our names, so as of next week, we'll have a Jamie or a Mary Ilse instead of an it. Here's the problem: she doesn't want us to tell her. So she can be surprised. We're supposed to keep it secret just from her for 5 months. We live in the same town and have dinner with them on Sundays. Also, nobody has called her out on how ridiculous her request is. We need help with childcare, and it's not my hill to die on, but Goddamn.
  • HgPa said:
    I know it's Tuesday, but I have to jump on this MIL dogpile. My MIL doesn't think we should find out the sex. We are going to find out, and we are really excited! We know our names, so as of next week, we'll have a Jamie or a Mary Ilse instead of an it. Here's the problem: she doesn't want us to tell her. So she can be surprised. We're supposed to keep it secret just from her for 5 months. We live in the same town and have dinner with them on Sundays. Also, nobody has called her out on how ridiculous her request is. We need help with childcare, and it's not my hill to die on, but Goddamn.
    I would spill the beans just to get under her skin. 
  • @HgPa   JUst start wearing all blue or all pink when you find out and constantly talk about how it's your new favorite color.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• @HgPa I would do the exact same thing! Lol plus- if she comes over often I would leave pink or blue paint samples laying around her go-to spot to sit. 
    Ugh- if only we could just keep the husband and leave the IL. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker