TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Weekly Check-In 12/26/16

2»

Re: TTCAL Weekly Check-In 12/26/16

• 2016 is the year the keeps on giving even with the small amount of time it has left. Just got another kick in the face today again. Like yesterday two kicks wasn't enough, today our bank bounced a very important check that we had the funds... for absolutely no reason! Boo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I guess I'll do the actual check in. I'm not sure when we'll start ttgp again, though.

*tw loss mentioned*

1. introduce yourself (if you're new) 
    Hi everyone, I got my BFP (baby #2) on 11/9 and miscarried on 12/25.

2. Status? 
    Benched. I have an appointment with my OB tomorrow for a follow up. 

3. R/R?
    I'm with the rest of you, I'm done with 2016!

4. GTKY: Anything surprise you at Christmas you weren't expecting? (gift, saying, weird interaction with relative, etc.)
    Nope. We spent Christmas in the ER.
  • Loading the player...
  • Im so sorry @pumpkin0913 esp on Christmas. ):
  • I'm sorry you had to spend the holiday that way @pumpkin0913 and for your loss. Don't worry that you checked in and not TTGP yet-we have a monthly benched thread if you like, lurk, whatever's comfortable for you.

@justsuzie I can't believe you're still waiting for AF-that sucks! I'm only 4 days late (probably the holidays or something) and I'm whining like a little bee-yotch. 
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • @pumpkin0913 I'm so sorry for your loss, and having it happen on Christmas just adds insult to injury. Hugs. And don't worry about hanging out here while benched. Lots of us have been there. I was benched/TTA for 7 months and still hung out here for the support.
  • @pumpkin0913 I was following your post in the July BMB and having that happen right in Christmas day is so heartbreaking. I'm here with you too, and benched as well. ****hugs****
  • @pumpkin0913 So sorry that you had to spend Christmas at the ER - how terrible. Like others said, feel free to check in here; we've almost all been benched or waiting for a period of time following a MC. 

@MimoCa How terrible of your bank! Sorry you have to deal with that on top of everything else.

I'm with everyone else, this year just cannot end soon enough.  It reminds me of another rant with a friend from last week.  I shared the John Oliver "F%^& 2016" clip on facebook after our last flight got canceled and we were scrapping our vacation.  I recognize that a lot of people hated this year because of politics (Me included, but it's but a tiny blip on the scale of terrible things that happened this year) or celebrity deaths or what have you, but my year, like I'm sure all of ours, sucked mainly because of the MCs, CPs, etc, etc. 

My friend KNOWS about the first loss, she's had one herself, and yet she decided to challenge me about the year and proclaim that she has had a great year and people need to let go of the election.  It took all my energy to not blow up on her.  I'm glad your year was great; now just let me sulk about mine.

Add to that that my other friend who went all AW on her late-sex announcement also proclaimed today that she now knows what it's like to be a mom because she was able to feed the dogs all while having a bloody nose.  This one's also most likely to live-FB her birth when it happens. I'm quite sure that FB break is way, way overdue.  /end rant.

Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• @laeberge3 urg your friends just make me want to rip my hair out. How you haven't 'unfriended' or block them is beyond me. Oh, I'm glad she thinks just because her year was so great that everyone else was ecstatic. And your other friend..... don't get me started lol! Sounds like an attention seeking junkie
  • @TScalei @amberruka @RiverSong15 @MimoCa @laeberge3 thank you all for the warm welcome. I'll definitely check out the benched post when I see it come up and I'll be hanging around here for a while.
  • @pumpkin0913. I'm so sorry for your loss and that it happened on the holiday.  Hugs to you
  • @laeberge3. Friends just don't get it sometimes.  I had a friend say something horrible to me over the holidays and she has had a loss too so she should no better.  She asked when we were going to have a baby. I wanted to hit her! My DH  said we were trying.   I probably would not have been that nice but I let it go after that 
  • @pumpkin0913 so sorry you are here. These ladies are so amazing and so knowledgeable. Sucky way to to spend Christmas. Not even gonna sugar coat it!!
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• @laeberge - I was telling a friend ( who knows about both of my losses) that this was such an awful year and she said why what else happened to you? Its like uh...I thing that's enough! People just don't get it.
  • Hey ladies. DH and I took a little road trip to Virginia to meet up with friends and I haven't checked TB in a while. I'm so sorry to see your update @MimoCa. And I'm sorry about your loss @pumpkin0913. 2017 just has to be better.

AFM I'm either 15(according to FF) or 13(according to what I think) DPO...had a BFN two days ago so pretty certain I'm just waiting for AF to get here.

We'll be benched for January and then IUI #1 in February...let the treatment journey begin I guess. 

GTKY: DH didn't get anything off the list I made for him and instead got me a new laptop which was pretty surprising. No more having to go to the library to type up practice plans. Woohoo!
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• TWW for me. I'm 7dpo right now. I'm not testing this year because I don't trust 2016 to not fudge everything up! Lol On countdown to pregnancy their predictor test said I could start testing January 1st if I want to so that's what I'm doing!

4. GTKY: Anything surprise you at Christmas you weren't expecting? (gift, saying, weird interaction with relative, etc.) My future MIL gave me two new pairs of Lularoe leggings so I was beyond happy there! :smile:

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• @Mack2342 @SP128 yeah, here's to a better holiday next year!

Thanks @SoonToBeMommaHowe
  • @pumpkin0913.  I truly believe 2017 will be better year!