wipes
cleansing items (shampoo etc)
bottles
pacifiers
clothes
gas relief items 

Re: What are your favorite brands?

• Options
    I'm curious if anyone uses Honest Company. I have a coupon for $25 off $50 which would make them cheaper than Pampers so I think I might buy some tho have no thoughts if switching to them permanently I just like a good deal :)
  • Options
    What brands are you using for things like:

diapers (now or plans for larger sizes): huggies little snugglers. We have tried pampers and they were okay. We tried Kirkland but they didn't fit him well and he kept peeing out of them. LOVE huggies. 
    wipes: Kirkland! And we use some pampers ones in the diaper bag but I find them small, drier, and I hate the smell it's so strong! 
    cleansing items (shampoo etc): live clean baby for all shampoo, bubble bath, lotion, etc. 
    bottles: Phillips avent. He uses those pacifiers too so easy transition 
    pacifiers: see above! He loves them. Santa brought more for that reason. 
    clothes: mostly Carter's / OshKosh ! 
    gas relief items : we haven't needed this. My baby is a gas bag and farts/ poops/ burps all day long. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Diapers: Huggies little snugglers are my favorite. I love the blow out protection on the back, it's actually saved me a few times. I also noticed the wetness indicator works a lot better than the off brand diapers I used that I got for my baby shower. (Target Up brand)

Wipes: I have the Huggies natural wipes that have no scent. No problems with them so far so I'll most likely buy them again. (Still on the last pack of the box I bought from Costco before LO was born.)

Cleansing: I absolutely love the burts and bees baby bee line of products. It smells so good! We always get comments on how great she smells. Plus it's all natural so I'm not worried about chemicals or irritating LO's skin. We use everything, shampoo, bar soap, talc free baby powder, lotion, baby oil. I'm also going to get their face & body wipes cause LO spits up so much and they would be great to keep her smelling fresh on the go. 

Bottles: Dr. Browns. She's mostly exclusively breast fed, but she's had a bottle of pumped milk a few times and she hasn't had any problems using them.

Pacifers: I am her all time favorite pacifier of course. We also didnt want to give her a pacifier for her first month to avoid nipple confusion. She has a variety of brands from the baby shower. Her favorite so far was the soothie. She's only taken it about 4 times though. 

Clothing: Mostly Carters.

Gas relief: I haven't used anything yet and don't think I will be. I was contemplating it, but I've learned my LO just needs to sit up for a good while after eating to digest and burp and then the gas doesn't bother her. 
  • Options

Diapers: Huggies, but I have a few brands and they are all OK. I'll buy whatever is cheapest. Honest run a bit small, but they work similarly to 7th Generation

Wipes: Seventh Generation. They are thick and the perfect amount moist. I've gotten some good deals on Amazon, but they are expensive otherwise. My second choice are Huggies

Cleansing Items: Aden & Anais soap/bath/lotion - smells so divine! Honest for my older daughter (because I can buy it at Costco!). I also love the Mustela No Rinse Cleansing Fluid for when LO is stinky and I don't want to give her a bath (perfect for sour milk neck!)

Pacifiers: I love Wubbanubs, but DD2 won't take any!

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @MrsBigTime what age range do Wubbanubs work? B takes a soothie pacifier but the damn thing falls out all the time. I am guessing he is too little for the Wubbanub tho? 
  • Options
    Diapers: we have used Pampers and Seventh Gen. the 7th Gen runs bigger than Pampers. We have a ton of size 1 Pampers we were gifted so we will use those and i might buy some Size 2 or 3 Honest Co with my coupon

wipes: after I bought  ton of Pampers sensitive my H declares how much he hates them and he hates everything else but Huggies. We have a ton to use so he will have to wait 

bath products: using Johnson Johnson we were gifted 

bottles: like Dr Brown the best but we use the random free bottles from registry bags

pacifier: Soothies so we can put our finger in to keep it in for him

• Options
    @kvruns wubbanubs aree 0+!! My babe uses his all the time. The animal helps it stay in and gives him something to hold. Love it! 
  • Options
    diapers - Pampers swaddlers
    wipes - Pampers sensitive (DD always got rashes with everything else so we just stick with these)
    cleansing items - California Baby and Aveeno
    bottles - Haven't used one this time yet, but previousy it was Medela
    pacifiers - Again, not yet, but previously Wubanub
    clothes - Hanna Anderson hands down
    gas relief items - Hyland's Gas Relief, but I'm open to suggestions because they don't seem to be doing much anymore.

Can I add baby wraps/slings to this? We've always used the Boba, but I really want to nurse in one that is more natural and am curious if anyone has had a great experience with a wrap they can nurse in and be mobile, comfortable, etc...
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Options
    kristah2 said:
    @kvruns wubbanubs aree 0+!! My babe uses his all the time. The animal helps it stay in and gives him something to hold. Love it! 
    What about for sleeping ? Is that a no no to have in the crib since it is like a toy? 
  • Options
    @SandNStarsNJ I'm curious on wraps/carriers too. We have a structured one but I am hoping to find a used Ktan for cheap bc it seems like best of both worlds (most fabric ones scare me lol )
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    kristah2 said:
    What about for sleeping ? Is that a no no to have in the crib since it is like a toy? 
    We would start her with it in the crib and go in and take it out once she was asleep. I know that's probably a no-no, but it worked and she never really moved in the crib. This baby on the other hand moves constantly and so we probably wouldn't put it in the crib... but that would only be an issue if he'd take a pacifier (grrr).
  • Options
    @kvruns I find it usually falls out of his mouth so fast when he sleeps it doesn't bother me! Plus it's SOO small and light he can move it around super easy I wouldn't worry about it at all. Some of the knock offs are bigger (we were just gifted one for Christmas) and personally I wouldn't rush to let him sleep with that one. His actually wubbanub doesn't bother me at all! 

I have a wrap. I don't remember the brand. They are all so similar. I can also check if anyone is curious as to specific. 
    Its okay! Really long but it sort of needs to be. The fabric is comfy too!
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    @SandNStarsNJ I'm curious on wraps/carriers too. We have a structured one but I am hoping to find a used Ktan for cheap bc it seems like best of both worlds (most fabric ones scare me lol )
    The thing I like about the Boba, besides its lesser price tag, is that it grows and shrinks with you and the baby because it's fabric. If pulled and tied well everything stays put perfectly. It was also a great natural sun protector on the beach, but my last kid was born in June so that mattered more. 
  • Options
    Pampers diapers, Kirkland wipes. 

No bottles or pacifiers yet. 

Like my Solly wrap baby carrier. 

Clothing brands: some small, independent shops from Instagram and etsy. Some Carter's stuff. Olivia Rose tutus.  
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    @MrsBigTime what age range do Wubbanubs work? B takes a soothie pacifier but the damn thing falls out all the time. I am guessing he is too little for the Wubbanub tho? 
    I used the Wubba very early on with DD1, and the stuffed animal is so small I couldn't imagine it being any hazard, but do what you feel is safe! I loved it for night time because I could easily grab for it in the dark and find it!

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MrsMaryK2016MrsMaryK2016 member
    edited December 2016

Diapers: We're currently using Pampers Swaddlers because they seem to fit him better than the Huggies but we have a big box of the Huggies so we'll be using those eventually. Other than fit I see no real difference between them. 

Wipes: Pampers gentle wipes

Shampoo: ceraVe products, boring but they have no perfumes or dyes so it's gentle on his skin.

Bottles: n/a

Pacifiers: Mums when he'll take one (which is not often)

Clothes: Kissy Kissy makes wonderful baby clothes that really last. The rest just seems to wear out after a few washes. 

Gas Relief: Tried gripe water but didn't see any kind of results. 

Wraps: Tried the katan but it was a massive failure to launch. It was really tight and very thick and too much like being swaddled I think for M. He will tolerate the Ergo but he's still so small (ha, 12lbs at 5 weeks) it's not really comfortable for me. I just ordered a Solly wrap. I'll keep you posted!
  • Options
    diapers - I really like Pampers Swaddlers and am fine with Huggies Snugglers. Didn't care for Target's brand. DH is insistent on Swaddlers, and prefers Target over Huggies. We have some larger sizes in Meijer and Luvs, but haven't gotten to those yet.

wipes - Meijer's sensitive, fragrance free get my vote for value-quality.

cleansing items (shampoo etc) - Burt's Bees shampoo and wash, fragrance free. Loooooove it. Might be weird, but I really like the smell of their diaper cream too, haha. We use it sometimes as a preventative.

bottles - We have two each of: Avent something (goody bag samples so I don't know the exact "model"), Chicco NaturalFit slow flow, and Medela Haberman. Don't have a favorite, neither does Elena—which is good, I think!

pacifiers - We've only tried the Avent soothie, and she likes it.

clothes - We've found that the Gerber onesies are nice and stretchy, but most of our clothes are probably Carters. We're just now starting to approach 0-3/3 mo clothes... we're still in newborn at 5 weeks. Side story... we got a handful of NB outfits as gifts but a TON as hand-me-downs, which is awesome! We didn't spend any money on NB clothes. We're pretty much set in 0-3 and 3-6 month clothes too. I feel so lucky to have such a strong village. I did slip yesterday.. bought her a couple of outfits at Old Navy's post-Xmas sale. o:)

gas relief items - Lil Remedies gas drops didn't seem to do anything when we tried them. However, we've given her Lil Remedies gripe water for hiccups and they stop immediately!

• Options
    @hoosiermama we are on the same on clothes. We bought his going home Nb outfit and like 2 shirts at a consignment sale but that's it. We are just repeating nb bc we don't have a lot but have a TON of 0-3 to the point I might exchange some of his gifts bc I don't think we will wear. Plus we have a friend who keeps sending us big boxes of hand me downs so I think we are set on clothes til fall at least