Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check-In 12/26

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What are you looking forward to most about a new year? 

Re: PGAL Check-In 12/26

• How far along are you?   24 weeks--viability. Can't believe we've come so far. 

How big is baby? 
    The size of a cantaloupe/a pound and a few ounces/almost a foot long. 

Appointments this week? 
    One tomorrow with the foot doctor to see how long I'll be on crutches, and a regular ob appointment on Thursday along with a brief ultrasound to capture some shots they missed at my anatomy scan. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? 
     Physically most of my pain is in my broken foot, but I'm having some of the old pelvic girdle pain back from having to walk on crutches. Otherwise just exhausted. Travel and all is taking it out of me. Super thirsty. Heartburn. Trouble sleeping. Emotionally, it's just rough. Like I said last week. There aren't a lot of words for it. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? 
    I guess now that we've reached viability and I get to see her again this week, my next milestone might be just getting the nursery ready for her and starting to buy car seats and a stroller and such. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    I'm usually a pretty chill person and I don't often care much what other people think of me but lately the hormones have been insane. Instead of good-naturedly laughing it off when someone jokes about my broken foot like "you shouldn't be kicking your husband lol" I just glared. People with their stupid comments. Frankly I'm kind of glad I'm not showing much because I can't imagine the comments about being pregnant and on crutches that strangers might give me. 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to most about a new year? 
    2016 has been the worst year of my life in a dozen ways. I'm just looking forward to a fresh start and wishing and praying to meet my baby girl in 2017. 
  • How far along are you? 26w4d

How big is baby? Kale - can't they pick a better comparison? 

Appointments this week? None this week. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally pretty good. In a couple weeks I have an US scheduled with the MFM and of course there's that fear that they will find something wrong. I just try to push those thoughts out of my head, it's working so far. Physically, getting bigger and pretty uncomfortable, but nothing too bad yet. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Well this week is the third trimester for me, wow. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What are you looking forward to most about a new year? I feel like once it's 2017 I might start getting a little nervous, wondering how this new baby is going to change our lives, especially with my daughter, she'll be three in February. 2015 was a nightmare and 2016 was a roller coaster ride, the beginning and middle full of stress but a lot of good came towards the end. Hoping we are on an up streak. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @HGRich I get annoyed with dumb comments like that too, (kicking your husband)only all the time not just when I'm pregnant. I can't even be bothered reacting to mindless, fill the air type comments like that. 
  • 1. 24w.

2. Ear of corn.

3. None.

4. Yesterday I hadn't felt baby move all morning and I freaked out as we were getting ready to leave for the ILs. DH suggested I go use my Doppler so I did and found her HB right away and felt ok then. I just will never be at ease. Same way I was with DD2. Physically I'm just sore and tired. I've majorly overdone it the last few days.

5. Third Tri.

6. My mom is here and I wish she would let me rest. She is running me ragged. 

7. I am so excited to give birth again. I find it so incredibly empowering. And of course meeting this baby and getting to know her. And seeing my current youngest (3.5) as a big sister. 

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • How far along are you? 10w1d

How big is baby? Strawberry 

Appointments this week? U/S and OB Intake tomorrow!

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? I feel like I have a constant dull hangover all the time but especially in the afternoon. Emotionally still a roller coaster!!

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? End of 1st trimester which I STILL can't figure out the date. Is it at the start of 13? End? Conception, gestational or growth? Too many dates!

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What are you looking forward to most about a new year? Hopefully putting the fears of another loss behind us. Oh, and stopping PIO shots on 1/11 :)
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • How far along are you? 10w2d

How big is baby? Prune

Appointments this week? None this week, but 11 week u/s for NT testing and genetic counseling appt early next week. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Still fighting the nearly constant low-level nausea.  Seems to be slightly better when I try to occupy myself, but all I want to do is lay on the couch away from people and sleep!  Emotionally, this has been a rough week.  I've been having a resurgence of the "oh no, did i just start my period?" feeling, especially on Christmas Eve/Christmas.  Part of it is probably mental, as Christmas was the point in this pregnancy where I had my heavy bleed in my last pregnancy.  Also was at my in-laws house, where it happened then as well. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Next u/s, genetic testing results.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Question: genetic testing.  What are your experiences?  It just seems like there are so many options.  I'm 37, so it's recommended, it's just overwhelming.  A friend of mine recently had the circulating baby's DNA blood test at 12 weeks, has anyone done that?  I'm thinking of requesting it at my appt last week but googling it brings about a lot of scary stories of false positives. 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to most about a new year? Feeling better physically and mentally!  Hopefully getting to the point where I can be excited about this pregnancy. 

• What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? End of 1st trimester which I STILL can't figure out the date. Is it at the start of 13? End? Conception, gestational or growth? Too many dates

@byrneme I second this question!  I always thought it was 12 weeks but now it seems like it could be 13 or 14. 
  • HGRichHGRich member
    edited December 2016
    @byrneme and @cpr79 Mathematically, 2nd tri starts on 13+3. Most women just call it good at 13. That's when I did. I announced to family and friends at 13+1. 

And both of you--hang in there with the nausea and gross feeling! I'm excited you guys are going strong. @CPR79 I didn't get genetic testing so I can't help you. But let us know how it goes!
  • @cpr79 I had the Cell Free DNA test that you are talking about (among others) with both pregnancies, my daughter and this baby. It's quick and simple. While NO it's not a diagnostic test, it's very accurate and false positives are rare. Remember if you go looking for nightmare stories online, you'll surely find them. Plus you find out the gender early :) 

With this pregnancy despite having an all clear result from the cell free test, I went on to have an amino anyway because the baby had some hard and soft makers. Amino came back all clear as well.

feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.