May 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms and Questions 12.26 - 01.01

Re: Randoms and Questions 12.26 - 01.01

• Options
    I'm probably going to be a bmb whore today.  My work is so dead.  Our main lights are on motion sensors.  The lights outside my office just shut off because the one employee out there hadn't moved in awhile.
    This has been my office all week. Me and 2 guys on my entire wing. I could easily go the whole day without seeing anyone.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm probably going to be a bmb whore today.  My work is so dead.  Our main lights are on motion sensors.  The lights outside my office just shut off because the one employee out there hadn't moved in awhile.
    This has been my office all week. Me and 2 guys on my entire wing. I could easily go the whole day without seeing anyone.
    Same here. That's actually why I brought up the next siggy challenge. Thought I could kill some time looking up a good one.
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    I'm on baby #3 and due 5/22 and STILL wonder if I have felt baby. I think at my last ultrasound the tech said the placenta is sort of in front so I'm trying to ease my nerves and saying that's why I haven't felt anything. Totally normal worries ladies even for the "experienced" moms! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    I need to rant. 
    We are back home visiting family (we stay at my parents house) and both of my girls ended up with croup and I have a head cold. DH is driving me nuts because he keeps wanting to go visit his family but I know the girls need to rest and they have a fever and shouldn't be getting the other 7 grandkids on DHs side of the family sick... but he keeps insisting and I want to scream. All he sees is that he's bored. I see two sick kids who are miserable and trying to get better before our New Years Eve plans. Sorry, but suck it up DH. I secretly hope he gets a man cold tomorrow and realizes how miserable they are. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    @kayemjay2, how about winter fails in general? snow, ice, etc. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    I love the idea of winter fails and gym fails. Basically I want funny to get us through the start of what may be a long winter in some parts of the country!
  • Options
    Winter fails!

Anyone want to talk to me about Ergos?
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Ugh, so a couple weeks ago I had horrible upper stomach pains in the middle of the night. I figured it was some sort of bug and stayed home sick. Well, it happened again last night! I am now thinking indigestion?? I've been getting some reflux a bit at night.
    This is like painful stomachache in my upper abdomen. Not constant, but kind of in waves where it just really hurts and you want to lay on it to ease the pain. Definitely not gas pains or cramping. Anyone have any experience with this?
    I had this happen last night. I woke up with some really uncomfortable upper GI pain. It passed after a bit. I assume I just ate something that wasn't agreeing with me. I've been fine since. 
  • Options
    @starphish18 Ugh, no fun, huh? I finally determined it was/is indigestion. Need to start watching what I eat.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    So, is there some sort of prize for being the first of us to have to stop working or go on bed rest? 

I'm having a cerclage done this afternoon. Our baby is healthy as can be but apparently my cervix has decided that it's time to thin out. I've gone from 20mm (which is short) to 15mm (which is bad) in 7 days. 

I'm having mixed feelings right now. I'm totally willing to do whatever it takes to keep this baby in to term, and I know things could be way worse right now, but I'm really upset. This isn't how it's supposed to go. 

Any advice? I have no compass when it comes to what's happening and I hate feeling this lost.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @CherryBananas no advice but lots of hugs out to you! How stressful. Hope everything goes ok And keep that babe cooking as long as you can!
  • Options
    @CherryBananas Eek, I am sorry to hear that! I have no actual advice as this just now made it click why the tech mentioned the length of my cervix.
    What's a cerclage? What did your Dr. recommend, bed rest?

And yes, there totally should be some sort of prize!
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe I don't currently have an ergo but I'm leaning towards getting one for this baby since I imagine I will do a lot more baby wearing chasing a 2 year old and having a newborn. Our target had them on clearance and I am really trying to decide if it's what I want. I like the stability since I don't trust myself to wear a baby wrap, but am worried it will be too warm to tote a summer baby in with all the cushioning etc. 
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe they are basically going to put a stitch in my cervix so it doesn't open.

The OB said that my job is too physical for me to continue working safely. Literal bed rest isn't their recommendation, but I need to be taking it easy so I don't accidentally induce early labour.
  • Options
    PghMom412 said:
    @nda_roxybabe I don't currently have an ergo but I'm leaning towards getting one for this baby since I imagine I will do a lot more baby wearing chasing a 2 year old and having a newborn. Our target had them on clearance and I am really trying to decide if it's what I want. I like the stability since I don't trust myself to wear a baby wrap, but am worried it will be too warm to tote a summer baby in with all the cushioning etc. 
    My concern as well. They have a "cool air" one that costs about $20 more. I'm wondering if it's worth it?
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe they are basically going to put a stitch in my cervix so it doesn't open.

The OB said that my job is too physical for me to continue working safely. Literal bed rest isn't their recommendation, but I need to be taking it easy so I don't accidentally induce early labour.
    Gotcha, I hope that does the trick! I'm sorry you'll have to quit working :(
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe - Oh wow that is horrific/amazing.

Winter fails is happening!
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    I had an ergo with my first and really liked it. He was late April and by the time he fit (I did a Solly wrap the first 2 months or so) it was summer. It was warm but not too bad. I think this time I might go with a Lillebaby- I've heard they are cooler and I know a few gals who love theirs! 
  • Options
    PghMom412 said:
    My concern as well. They have a "cool air" one that costs about $20 more. I'm wondering if it's worth it?
    @nda_roxybabe Your in AZ right? Get the cool air! Totally worth the extra money in the desert. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    h&pmomma said:
    PghMom412 said:
    @nda_roxybabe Your in AZ right? Get the cool air! Totally worth the extra money in the desert. 
    Yup! Anything to keep cool here, right?! Just added it to my registry which is looking rather robust *no shame*.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    We have an Ergo and Moby.  I really like the Ergo but despise the infant insert.  I'd recommend a more newborn-friendly carrier for the first few months.  The Moby was ok but very hot and lots of fabric.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    We have an Ergo and Moby.  I really like the Ergo but despise the infant insert.  I'd recommend a more newborn-friendly carrier for the first few months.  The Moby was ok but very hot and lots of fabric.
    I opted against registering for Moby for that reason. Good to know on the Ergo insert. I picked a K'tan Breeze for myself and then the Ergo Cool Air (with insert? now IDK) for H (and me).
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    I know there was a thread a while back that discussed registries. But I skimmed and didn't find the answers I'm looking for. Any insight whether to do BBB or BRU? I'm also doing an Amazon registry but want something in store for our family who doesn't want to shop online. 
  • Options
    hp_mommahp_momma member
    edited December 2016
    h&pmomma said:
    PghMom412 said:
    Yup! Anything to keep cool here, right?! Just added it to my registry which is looking rather robust *no shame*.
    I have the K'tan Breeze and it's a lifesaver. I was going back and forth between a Tula or Ergo for later months and was leaning towards the Ergo for the "cool air" but I heard Tula has one too so now I'm back to square one. Even though we live in WA for the time being, I'm always back home visiting in AZ. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    @CherryBananas sorry you have to have the cerclage and be off work.  Thoughts and prayers to you through the procedure and in the following weeks! 
  • Options
    I have the regular Ergo since DD was a Sept kid and started using it when she was at least 2 months old and had better neck strength by then. I totally recommend an Ergo especially if you can get it for a great price. You can at least get it and return it if you change your mind since the return policy says you have 90 days (if I remember correctly). I will probably get the ktan breeze for the summer with this LO.

@CherryBananas no experience with a short cervix but can anything change at your job so you can rest more? I can't remember at the moment what you do for work. I hope the drs are closely monitoring regularly!

• Options
    @CherryBananas - hugs! I hope the thinning stops. Can it reverse itself?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    This thread keeps getting stuck on the top so I keep seeing this. We both live in Phoenix (right??), both our offices are dead, and both have motion sensor lights. I was laughing to myself imagining us in the same building, oblivious to each other.

That being said, I just got told to go home for the holiday. Woohoo! 
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    achays11achays11 member
    edited December 2016
    @CherryBananas I'm sorry about the bed rest. Keeping you in my thoughts. 

@nda_roxybabe we have an Ergo and a Solly Baby Wrap. I love the Solly Baby and use it so much more than the Ergo. It is definitely thinner than a Moby. The Ergo is mostly what MH uses as he is a big football player and the wrap doesn't fit him. But he loves to babywear, so it's perfect for him. 

If you have any other questions, let me know. We are very pro babywearing. 

ETA: spelling is always hard. 
  • Options
    This thread keeps getting stuck on the top so I keep seeing this. We both live in Phoenix (right??), both our offices are dead, and both have motion sensor lights. I was laughing to myself imagining us in the same building, oblivious to each other.

That being said, I just got told to go home for the holiday. Woohoo! 
    Now I'm going to have to see if you have any work bathroom HDBD pics! I wish someone would send me home.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @vrj0522 it's a 50/50 shot either way. It'll either stay the same or get worse. No way to predict. Everyone is mystified as to why it's happening as I dont have any risk factors for it.
  • Options
    @CherryBananas, I'm sorry! T&Ps it doesn't get any worse! 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    Well, would you look at that, once again I changed my mind on a baby item because of you guys! I am very happy I started my registry so early!

@CherryBananas -what a crappy situation! I hope it stops for you!
  • Options
    @CherryBananas  1. I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this, but I'm really glad that there is a procedure in place that can help you!! I'm a total dork and I wonder if that's the same procedure that Anna had on Downton Abbey when she ended up with her take home baby?  (I know, that's not a real-life success story, but I'm assuming it's based on actual scientific fact?).   As for the bed rest part of it, I know my mom went into labor with me crazy scary early. She ended up in bed rest for 12 weeks, and I ended up coming 5 weeks early! I've always thought that I'd go crazy on bed rest for that long, but at least now there are smartphones and Netflix and things to keep you more entertained than almost 30 years ago!  I'll keep you in my prayers, and I hope that the procedure works well and that you dont have to end up doing the bed rest thing long. 
    2. Andplusalso, every time I go to tag you, people with cherry blossom names pop up first, and I think your name is way better. Just sayin'. 
  • Options
    I really liked my Ergo, but love my Tula! We also had a Moby that was great during the early months and I am still thinking about getting one of those again.  Yes it's a lot of fabric but it will still be thinner (and probably cooler) than a canvas carrier plus the infant insert. 

I also have have my eyes on a Lillibaby. 

I am currently banned on buying more carriers though until I down size a little more (since my ring slings just sit and my handful of others never get used)

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I liked the ergo although it was primarily my husband's. Yes, all carriers adjust but he is such a tall broad guy that constantly adjusting between the two of us was a pain so we ended up with his and hers. I used a ktan when baby was a wobbly larvae and my husband used the ergo more once head control was a thing. 

I also got an ergo 360 for myself later on as he got too big for the ktan. 

May '17 labor memes