June 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC: Holiday Edition 12/23/16

If you have them, let's hear them!

(They don't have to be about the holidays either.)

Re: FFFC: Holiday Edition 12/23/16

• Options
    artlea2013artlea2013 member
    edited December 2016
    Just went online to Barnes and Noble's website to reserve the books Just Granma & Me and Just Grandpa & Me from the Little Critter Series for my parents. Thought for a minute about reserving two copies of each to give to DH's parents as well, but he ordered them a photo book of Miles and didn't order a copy for my parents, so screw that they don't get any
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't get gifts out to my brothers before Christmas this year. A New Years gift is ok right? Oops

Also, my mom is staying with us till tomorrow morning, and I'm kind of excited for her to go. It has been nice to see her, but with a sick baby, kids not sleeping well, and the holiday almost here, I kind of just want to curl up and watch Christmas movies with the kids
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @AmberLiz99 I'm in the same boat with my Dad's gift, womp womp.

@meggyme I think it sets the precedent for Christmases to come! My husband promised me that we could get a real tree and really put an effort into the holidays once Damien came so while he doesn't love this time of year, he is still letting me doall the holiday stuff.

@art&leaadye Those are cute books, great choice! I love the photobook too, would have been nice if your parents got one too!
  • Options
    I really wish my divorced parents would get over their shit so we can all spend the holidays together. Mind you they've been divorced since I was 2 and my dad has been remarried for like 20 years!?!  Since my mom lives in our house, my dad and step-mom don't feel comfortable coming over here so Christmas is like a shit show because now my husband, baby and myself have to drive all over america to see everyone (all the grandparents want to see Ethan for his first Christmas). Ugh. So Christmas Eve after I get off work at 4pm we have to go see my husband's mom and have dinner. Then Christmas morning we have to drive to Orange County to see his dad. Then that same afternoon we have to drive back down to see my dad and step mom. It really takes the "fun" out of the holidays when I have to spend a majority of my day in the car commuting in traffic  :|
  • Options
    @laurendiaz02 that stinks, it sounds like the movie Four Christmases! Part of the reason we're not driving to visit DH's family after Christmas is we have to visit his siblings separately on separate days, they won't get together for one big celebration like my family does. DH thinks getting stuff done on our house is a better use of our time.

@AmberLiz99 at least you got something for your brothers! I had aspirations of doing framed photos for them but gave up : ( maybe for her first birthday.. 
  • Options
    I really wish my divorced parents would get over their shit so we can all spend the holidays together. Mind you they've been divorced since I was 2 and my dad has been remarried for like 20 years!?!  Since my mom lives in our house, my dad and step-mom don't feel comfortable coming over here so Christmas is like a shit show because now my husband, baby and myself have to drive all over america to see everyone (all the grandparents want to see Ethan for his first Christmas). Ugh. So Christmas Eve after I get off work at 4pm we have to go see my husband's mom and have dinner. Then Christmas morning we have to drive to Orange County to see his dad. Then that same afternoon we have to drive back down to see my dad and step mom. It really takes the "fun" out of the holidays when I have to spend a majority of my day in the car commuting in traffic  :|
    That sucks! I am so thankful that both me and my husband's parents are still married and both live in our town. My husband still bitches about going to both though lol!