December 2016 Moms

How do you stop baby from cluster feeding?

Mine feeds from 1am until 7am

I'm fucking tired!

Answers

• Maybe go see a lactation consultant. We were going through this too, and it turns out I'm not producing enough milk, and that's why he wanted to eat all the time - he was starving! So the LC gave me some help with getting my supply up and we started supplementing with formula. We've only been doing this for two days and I've already seen a big change in how long he needs to breastfeed. 
  • It could be due to a growth spurt or a leap(wonder weeks). Aside from making sure LO is actually eating&swallowing the entire time + getting enough milk there isn't anything you can do. They cluster feed when they need to up supply, or they are comfort nursing.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Loading the player...
  • I agree with PPs. I would meet with an LC to make sure your baby is getting milk. If so, ride it out. I know cluster feeding is exhausting, but it won't last forever.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• My gal cluster fed for 12 hours. I almost broke down but she knew what she was doing and my milk is now a flowing.

lactation consultant visit is a great idea!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • I have read (not confirmed with an LC or MD) that babies should not cluster feed past 4 weeks.  Agree with seeing an LC for a weighted feed to ensure baby is getting milk.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker