Possible twins!?!?!? — The Bump
Multiples

Possible twins!?!?!?

So, I miscarried with my first back in September...had a d&c and found out recently that I'm pregnant again! My Dr ordered an ultrasound at 6w4d and they found 2 sacs.one heartbeat was found and baby A is looking strong and healthy. Baby B doesn't have a heartbeat that can be detected...yet. also looks very tiny. I have to go back in 10 days for another ultrasound to see if baby b is progressing. They said this isn't uncommon but are also cautiously optimistic. Has anyone else been through something like this?

Re: Possible twins!?!?!?

• Although my twins did have an apparent heartbeat at the same time, they started off different sizes.  Try not to worry too much.   Your doctor is right, this is not uncommon.  I remember being so anxious about the viability of my babies at first.... Hang in there xo
  • At 5w6d I had three sacs and only two heartbeats. At 6w6d all three heartbeats.
    its rough waiting to see. This happens frequently will very early ultrasounds.. best wishes mama for two sweet little hearts in there :) 

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• Loading the player...
  • Jayers10Jayers10
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Love Its 10 Comments Photogenic
    edited October 2017

Jumping onto this thread because I'm in the same boat as you amberleigh.  I had my first ultrasound the other day at 6 weeks exactly and there were two sacs - only one with a visible heartbeat.  My doctor was not optimistic about there being more than one viable pregnancy, but there are so many anecdotal happy endings on here!  Going back next week so we'll see.

ETA: Sorry I had no idea this was so old. New to this and not sure why it showed up on the homepage?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker