July 2017 Moms
Options

First Time Mom Check-in 12/21

We haven't done this in a while, so I thought I'd get things started!

How far along are you?
Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in?
Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?
Rants/raves? 
Questions for FTM, or STM+? 
GTKY: What TV show/movie/book/podcast are you loving right now?
Me: 31 DH: 31
  <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
CP 3/2019

Re: First Time Mom Check-in 12/21

• Options
    SpongeWorthySpongeWorthy member
    edited December 2016
    How far along are you? 9+2

Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in?  Just sent out Christmas cards to my extended family to announce.  Should be getting some phone calls soon :)  I'm nervous about telling people, but I figure I would want their support if anything goes wrong.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  I don't think so.  No appointments until 1/6.

Rants/raves? Nervous about traveling this weekend.  I normally get pretty bad motion sickness on flights (like guaranteed to puke), and I can't take my usual dramamine.  My OB prescribed Zofran and said that should take care of it, but I'm kind of reluctant to take it.  Being sick on planes is the worst, though.

Questions for FTM, or STM+?  Have any of you noticed your PNV exacerbating your morning sickness?  I had been taking a gummy vitamin because I have a hard time with pills.  I switched to a new vitamin after my BFP that had iron because I was worried I would get anemic since I am vegetarian as well.  I'm thinking of switching back to the gummy at least until end of first tri to see if my MS gets better.

GTKY: What TV show/movie/book/podcast are you loving right now?  DH and I started rewatching Silicon Valley and it is just so funny.  I've also been listening to old episodes of The Longest Shortest Time podcast as I am avoiding listening to the news on my commute.

ETA question about vitamins.
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy - thanks for starting! Dramamine is on my safe list from my doctor. Or did you mean you take a certain kind of Dramamine that isn't okay?

How far along are you? 11+2

Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in? Yep. A couple more friends. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Had an appointment with u/s this week and everything looked great! So ready to tell the rest of my family this weekend and then the rest of the world soon after!

Rants/raves? I miss ibuprofen and excedrin soooo much. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Nome right now!

GTKY: What TV show/movie/book/podcast are you loving right now? Ugh, nothing but will scan responses for suggestions!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ginger1228 No problem!  I normally take just regular OTC Dramamine.  I asked my doc about it specifically for the flight and she said not to take it.  Ugh I hate when there's not a consensus - just adds to the stress we are already under!
    GL telling your family and the world about this pregnancy!  It's a very exciting time :smile:
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    How far along are you? 10+3

No idea when I last checked in but I think I've told a few more close friends! 

I've had two ultrasounds total (one at 5+4 to make sure not ectopic and first real OB appt at 7+4) and both were good! Just waiting for the 12th week NT and next OB appt in the first week of January - feels like SUCH A LONG WAIT! 

Rants/raves? 
    I put this on the symptoms thread, but I had my first bout of actual ms today and am not a happy camper about it. @SpongeWorthy I've also been having trouble with my pnv and the ladies on the pregnancy chatter thread this week had some great suggestions - think I'm going to try the gummies, too! 

Has anyone else had ms that started so late?? Is this normal or concerning?? 

I'm almost done with The Good Wife which is excellent entertainment and I'm in the middle of reading Zadie Smith's "White Teeth" which is a great book! 
    Me: 28 I MH: 27
    Married August 2016
    TTC #1 September 2016
    BFP 10/31/16
    EDD 7/16/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad someone did this! I was starting to think I might be the only FTM here lol. 
    @Pepper16  I hate to say this, but I've heard that for some women the m/s comes in for the second trimester and not the first, so it's possible yours is going to start now and continue well into the second tri. But I'm not sure on that. 

How far along are you? 11 weeks!
    Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in? Since I've never checked in, yes. Parents, Grandparents, some aunts and uncles, two friends. All good reactions minus the one friend who went all "it's too early to tell what if you miscarry" on me. For the record, she is pregnant as well, and we both have experienced miscarriages and actually talked about it a lot. So I assumed she would be supportive no matter what. Sigh. Haven't talked to her since that conversation. 
    Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? 2, plus a u/s. U/s was great, 140 HB, and then my appointment after also got a heart beat, but I think it was faster. 
    Rants/raves? I'm so sick of this random left side pain. It has something to do with my digestion and I'm guessing stretching out as well. It's always releaved/brought on by gas and needing to use the bathroom.. But it scares me every time, even though it's not at all constant, goes away in like 10 minutes, and really isn't that severe either. I just wish I didn't have it cause it freaks me out. 
    Questions for FTM, or STM+? not at the moment
    GTKY: What TV show/movie/book/podcast are you loving right now?How far along are you? I'm currently watching King of Queens for the first time and loving it! I've only gotten like 4 episodes in though because DH and I watch it together, and he's working crazy Christmas hours.  
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @Cait32 - glad your screening went well and congrats on the girl!!
    @SpongeWorthy - I hate conflicting info too! I've taken Dramamine twice in the last month so I hope it's okay!
  • Options
    @Cait32 Woohoo!  So glad your results came back great.  Good luck telling your family at Christmas!  I bet they will be so excited :)  It still doesn't feel real to me.  Looking forward to the next US where hopefully it looks less like a blob and more like a baby lol.
    @Pepper16 Thanks!  I will have to check out the chatter thread.  Gummies FTW!
    @ginger1228 Honestly it's probably fine.  If there's conflicting info, my guess is that it's probably such a low risk that it won't matter.  I think I've also seen dramamine on "safe" lists for pregnancy, so I'm not sure why my doc singled out that one specifically.  Oh well.
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9w3d
    Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in? We're starting to spread the word among family. My husband accidentally got drunk and told a bunch of our friends at a party last weekend (he can't keep secrets like this), and I gave my mom the go-ahead to tell her sister and my grandmother.
    Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had my OB intake appointment yesterday with a nurse. It was a little disappointing, TBH. I don't meet my midwife for another four weeks and that's when my first ultrasound is with them. 
    Rants/raves? Not at the moment. I could really go for a good chocolate covered sea salt caramel. That's the first sweet thing I've craved.
    Questions for FTM, or STM+? How early is too early to start a registry? (I did start one last weekend, so I'm more curious than anything else.)
    GTKY: What TV show/movie/book/podcast are you loving right now? Podcast: Kaite Couric has a podcast and it has made me fall in love with her. Seriously, everyone should listen to it. She has great guests and is a true national treasure.
    TV show: I've never seen Gilmore Girls before, so I'm Netflixing that. 
    :o  I want to start Man in the High Castle as well.
    Book: I just finished Jodi Picoult's Small Great Things. HIGHLY recommend.
  • Options
    Also @Pepper16 my dear friend said her ms didn't come until week 9 - a little earlier than yours, but I think she was mostly ok in her second trimester.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 12 weeks!

Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in? Nope, but we took some photos and are preparing to tell the rest of the family on Christmas, and then everyone else sometime next week.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had an appointment yesterday and it went great! We heard baby's heartbeat for the first time!! I'm already obsessed. 

Rants/raves? A bunch of random stuff. I've had a headache all day but I'm trying to avoid taking anything. I still don't have a Christmas gift for my parents or in-laws. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? I guess this is a question I should have asked my doctor yesterday, because obviously I need his advice before taking any supplements, but I'm just curious: does anyone know what I can take to naturally boost my immune system? Other than eating lots of fruits and veggies and taking my prenatal? I used to take Emergen-C in the winter pre-pregnancy but I don't think that much Vitamin C is safe during pregnancy. I was just curious if anyone has taken any other supplements. 

GTKY: What TV show/movie/book/podcast are you loving right now? The Walking Dead is the only show I watch on TV - it's on a mid season break right now - and I don't watch any other shows unless it's on Netflix or something random on Food Network or HGTV. I'm about to start reading "In a Dark, Dark Wood" by Ruth Ware, which I heard is good, so I'm excited to start that. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 8+4
    Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in? A few friends, and my boss knows; we are telling our families this weekend!  I'm scared and excited all at the same time.  This is IL's first and I am so afraid that since we're still early, something will go wrong and I don't want them to be heartbroken.
    Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  First appointment was last week, measuring right on with LMP, strong 160 HR and labs so far have all been great!...now patiently waiting for 11 weeks appt!
    Rants/raves?  everything and nothing...I'm just to tired to care
    Questions for FTM, or STM+?  --
    GTKY: What TV show/movie/book/podcast are you loving right now?  Just started 'The Handmaids Tale'...but read all the books in The Selection Series in about 10 days. 
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Options
    @PurplePumpernickel We've had a registry for weeks. We obviously have nothing so we wanted baby things for Christmas 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @kat0607 I asked my OB about helping my immune system last week. (I've had pneumonia and strep since being pregnant) She said that up to 1000mg of vitamin C is fine. 
  • Options
    @spongeworthy  I travel a bunch for work!   I actually got the sea bands....they help some. Preggie pops, they help me with feeling yuk, but I didn't use on flights. I took half a pill as I get on the plane of my meds from my doctor--she warned me a whole pill might be too much. I am on a different one-diclegis. I only did this for the long flights- 5 hours. For 1-2 hour flights, I brought sparkling water, and watched downloaded movies (netflix or rent off google play) on my phone as distractions. Ginger gum didn't help me.  What was worse though was the time difference, I get morning sick if I haven't eaten by specific hours and that was rough.  It made breakfast and dinner worse. And I did get over the idea that even on a 1-2 hour flight, I likely need to use the airplane bathroom. I also wore compression socks and was told to walk once an hour or so. I forgot them on the 5 hr flight home and it was a lot worse....so compression socks help with the circulations! And 5 hour flights are still my nemesis when pregnant now.

How far along are you? 11 weeks!

Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in? yes, one more friend who has been pregnant 3 times. My family knows-- so both parents and our sisters. My nephew knows too- we need to name the baby Teen Mutant Ninja Turtle names he says.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I have 2 next week! The NT scan and 3 month Ob. I am so excited and nervous

Rants/raves? I want to gain weight! oh and stop morning sickness.  I have lost weight so much......like 7-8 lbs and just am nervous about it.....any advice all?

Questions for FTM, or STM+? See my rant/rave....should I be worried???

GTKY: What TV show/movie/book/podcast are you loving right now? Nothing right now super exciting.  We have been rewatching Last Man Standing on netflix. I am excited for time off.....the first time real time off this year at Christmas!, so I may need all your movie recs :)

• Options
    How far along are you? 10w6d

Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in? I don't know that I've participated in any check-ins yet, only my ticker change days... anyway, my Mom, DH's parents & sister (and her family) all know, as well as a few people at work (need to know basis). We're waiting to tell the rest of our families (my Dad is currently out of the country) and go public until I at least have my first doctor's appointment. Was hoping to get in before Christmas, but looks like it's not going to happen. So, probably right after New Year's.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? No appointments yet  :/ Getting anxious, just want to know all is well in there... although I really don't have any cause to worry. I feel fine. I have some symptoms but no nausea or sickness, and absolutely no bleeding or painful cramps. FX everything is okay. 

Rants/raves? Just that my doctor's office is so booked up right now... am slightly irritated that I've been trying to get an appointment for 2 weeks with no success! And the scheduler I spoke to yesterday took my LMP info again and said "Oh you're already passed 10 weeks, you really need to come in like now!" UM Yeah!!!

Questions for FTM, or STM+? none at the moment

GTKY: What TV show/movie/book/podcast are you loving right now? I think my screenname and signature speak for this... Outlander is my obsession! 
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy FWIW, Dramamine is also on my OB's safe list...

How far along are you? 8+6
    Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in? Other than the immediate family we told at Thanksgiving, I just told one of my colleagues. She was really happy with her midwife experience, so I wanted the recommendation. We're telling a bunch more friends and pretty much DH's whole family at Christmas. I'm really nervous to tell all the aunts/uncles/cousins/grandparents, but it's really the only time of the year that we'll see them and we really want to tell them in person.
    Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? We saw the OB for the first time on Monday! Ultrasound looked great - strong heartbeat at 167. We have a meet and greet with the midwife on Tuesday and if that goes well, we will probably switch over for our next appointment.
    Rants/raves? DH ended up getting off work tomorrow, which means we can get home for the holidays in the early afternoon instead of way late at night! So excited!
    Questions for FTM, or STM+? Hmmmmm. Not that I can think of. I'll come back if I think of anything!
    GTKY: What TV show/movie/book/podcast are you loving right now? I'm a podcast junkie. Pretty much anything NPR. Still listening to the NPR Politics podcast. Oh, and Anthony Bourdain was on Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me! last week so that's cued up for our drive home!

Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• Options
    How far along are you? 10w5d
    Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in? Probably...we told my H's dad's side of the family and I told my boss yesterday. 
    Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I think I graduated from the RE since the last check in...I can't remember.
    Rants/raves? 
    GTKY: What TV show/movie/book/podcast are you loving right now? I recently finished the book Eight Hundred Grapes in less than 2 days. No small feat.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options
    How far along are you? 11+3
    Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in? Not really. A ton of people at work know and a few family members, but no siblings. I'm waiting for my NIPT results - hopefully early next week - and the NT scan is this Friday. I'm dying to tell people but also super paranoid that I've had a missed miscarriage. Looking forward to my appointment tomorrow and hopefully hearing the heartbeat again.
    Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Ultrasound at 9 weeks (HR 180s), NIPT blood draw on 12/16. Yippee. 
    Rants/raves? Omg I miss being able to take headache medicine that actually works. But I'm grateful that my headaches, while incredibly frequent, have for the most part not been too bad. I also miss my retinoid face cream, but I've been off that for months and months.
    Questions for FTM, or STM+?  --
    GTKY: What TV show/movie/book/podcast are you loving right now? Medici: Masters of Florence on Netflix is pretty great for this former art history major :)
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy thanks for starting this

How far along are you? 10 weeks + 2 days
    Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in? Yes and it went over well. We also signed our Christmas cards with y, y and baby y
    Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had an ultrasound yesterday and it was bittersweet. Baby was moving and looking good but my doctor wants me to see a doctor at the maternal fetal care center for a genetic consult due to my DH & I having congenital heart defects when we were born. Mine was fixed as a baby & I've had no issues since & never had to see a cardiologist but my DH had 4 open heart surgeries by the time he was 18 years old. I'm so nervous about it & scared
    Rants/raves? See above
    Questions for FTM, or STM+? Nothing at the time.
    GTKY: What TV show/movie/book/podcast are you loving right now? I am currently watching The Voice and Criminal Minds.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

How far along are you? 10 weeks

Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in? Yes. Had a work holoday party so many found out tonight when they all ordered drinks and I got water lol. Announcing on xmas eve.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Have my 11 week next week with my dr

Rants/raves? Bought a doppler, my ultrasound was at exactly 6 weeks and my next isn't until 12 so I was freaking out. Well at 9 weeks 2 days I found the baby's heartbeat with the doppler! Haven't checked again since but may do it once more before my appt ! It was amazing to hear the sound. First time hearing it !

Questions for FTM, or STM+? None right now

GTKY: What TV show/movie/book/podcast are you loving right now? Scandal!!!! I've been binge watching on netflix

• Options
    @Katie______ Thanks for all the travel advice! Thankfully this flight isn't too long - about 3 hours. I think I have a window seat so I'll have to bug the rest of my row and get up a few times lol.
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    12+5 today
    I've told a couple of friends of mine that are also pregnant (one due in the next few weeks because I was looking for some advice and another who just announced and is also going to be a July mom). I'll be telling my parents/sister/MIL this weekend for christmas!
    I had my last appt on 12/15 and got to see my squish kicking around and growing well - blood/pee work came back normal. Decided to skip on the genetic testing.
    Rants/raves? 
    RLP is for the birds lol - I think I've finally figured out a better way to sleep to ward off the hip pain I've been having
    Not yet - loving reading the various threads for random things that are coming up from everyone.
    Been watching Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures lately - I'm 99% skeptic but there are those other 1% of things that are just too odd/amazing to ignore!
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga