March 2017 Moms

PGAL Check In 12/19

This is for all our March moms who have experienced a loss- we are here to support one another! 3

1. How far along are you?

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to?

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:

4. GTKY: What is everyone's plans for the Christmas holiday?  

Re: PGAL Check In 12/19

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How far along are you? 26 weeks 5 days

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to? First growth scan at 28 weeks. I get to see him again! :)

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: So last week was kind of hectic. My office had a large fire two Sundays ago. Thankfully no one was hurt but one of our entire floors was destroyed. My area mostly suffered water damage. I've been working from home ever since without a time table of when I'm going back. Part of me is thankful I get more time to relax especially going into the 3rd trimester, but I also felt super unorganized last week. I'm also tempted to move a lot more when I am at home, which wears me out.

4. GTKY: What is everyone's plans for the Christmas holiday?   My parents are coming over for Christmas Eve. My parent's original plan was to go out to dinner but I told them that most restaurants will be closed on Christmas Eve which has resulted in us cooking a meal. Ugh. Not super excited about it since we just hosted Thanksgiving and since I've also turned my dining room into my 'home office' for the time being. On Christmas Day we go to the hubby's family for dinner. God please help me deal without being able to drink wine!!  

Me: 33 Hubs: 34

TTC since 5/2014

BFP: 7/27/14 MC: 9/20/14

BFP: 6/29/15 MC: 7/6/15

BFP: 7/17/16 EDD: 3/22/17

• 1. How far along are you? 29w2d

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to? Looking forward to a shower with my family over Christmas break and a shower with DH's family in January. 

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: One of the moms from my preschool classroom gave me a big bag of maternity clothes last night which is awesome. There are a lot of really nice shirts and dresses I will be able to wear, but I tried on some of the jeans that were in the bag last night and they don't fit over my big booty. :-(

4. GTKY: What is everyone's plans for the Christmas holiday? We will be seeing my family for a few days which I'm really excited for! We don't get to see them often and I know it will be a good time. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Boy: coming March 2017

• 1. How far along are you? 28 weeks

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to? Passing the 1-hour GTT (hopefully) next Tuesday

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: It's crazy that I've reached third trimester and have begun kick-counting! I turned to DH yesterday and exclaimed, "OMG, in 12 weeks, we're due to have a baby - if she hasn't arrived before then!" I feel like the rest of the winter is going to fly by, and it's simultaneously exciting and scary!

4. GTKY: What is everyone's plans for the Christmas holiday? My parents are staying over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and my in-laws are joining us for Christmas dinner. It'll just be the six of us, because no other family is visiting, and DH's and my siblings do not live in-state. Hence, we get all the attention. ;) Plus, LO will be plenty spoiled by both sets of grandparents when she's born! 
  • @Spartanrd4 good luck with the retest!  Definitely not your fault!  Some people are just predisposed to GD.  I hope you pass with flying colors!!

@justanotherusername16 I have my 28w growth scan on the 3rd too!  I can't wait to see her again.  FX all goes well for both of us!!

@sarahbobby FX for your 28w growth scan next week!!

@liepertsm free maternity clothes is awesome!  Sorry about the booty.  Hopefully at you at least got a few good things to work with!  I got maternity jeans at old navy 40% off.  They were less than $30 a pair.  Worth watching for sale.  The quality is really good.

@Dubcompanion FX for your glucose test!  I am feeling the same way as the weeks go by!  It seems to be going SO fast!!  I can't believe 3rd tri is so close for me now!

1. How far along are you? 25+6

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to? Growth scan on the 3rd & glucose test on the 6th.

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: We did the hospital tour yesterday.  It wasn't all that informative but it was good to know which entrance to use after hours etc,  see the rooms & a few other good tidbits.  I was feeling weepy during it!  It is definitely getting real now!!

4. GTKY: What is everyone's plans for the Christmas holiday?   Christmas Eve is 7 fishes at our house.  My Dad & my tradition.  We will cook together.  My
    mom & step dad & inlaws will come too.  My favorite day of the year!!  Christmas Day is at the inlaws.  Im
    sure I will be tired when all is said & done.  I might also be a bit emotional thinking about what Christmas is going to be like next year!

****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @dubcompanion FX for your glucose test! I just finished mine. Anxious to hear back!

@MrsBinPA Thanks for the tip! I will have to check out Old Navy. I've been wearing the 1 pair of jeans I bought to death. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @Spartanrd4 I agree about the more frequent appointments easing some anxiety! I'm a lot more at ease going in every two weeks.

@JustAnotherUsername16 So cool that you donated your hair! I'm sure it's so strange not having that length there!

@sarahbobby Wow I'm so sorry about your office! Glad that no one is hurt, and it's nice you get to be at home for a while but I'm sure it's very hectic and crazy!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @justanotherusername16 so cool that you donated your hair- I have been dying my hair since I was in high school so I could never do it. I don't think my hair was ever as long as yours was either (If I remember correctly from pictures). 

@SarahBobby crazy your work had a fire and thankfully no one was hurt. Awesome though that you get to work from home for awhile! 

@liepertsm I am another member of the big booty club ;)

@dubcompanion FX you pass your I hour GTT next week! 

@MrsBinPA we go on our hospital tour in a few weeks when we take our childbirth class. I know quite a few people who have delivered there so I think it will be nice but will be good to see it with my own eyes!
  • @Spartanrd4 and anyone else that may have thought they weren't eligible to donate hair, Pantene beautiful lengths is actually the only one that accepts colored hair and has the shortest length requirement at 9 inches. 

@liepertsm the Old Navy jeans are awesome! I've been wearing the same pair almost every day for the last few months. Love. Them.

• 1. How far along are you? 27 weeks

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to? getting the 3 hour glucose test over on Friday. I'm dreading this test. I still have morning sickness and not sure how tolerable 3 hours with no food will be for me.

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: today is one year since I found out about my loss. I'm so happy to have a baby kicking away in my belly but still find myself feeling sad today. And anxious... googled umbilical cord wraps today. I need to stay out of the Google how many ways can my baby die in birth? Trap

4. GTKY: What is everyone's plans for the Christmas holiday?  Just spending Christmas Eve with my inlaws and Christmas Day with my fam. I went over board on shopping for presents this year. Online shopping is a great pregnancy boredom killer. Hope everyone likes them.
  • Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited December 2016
    @BaylieGirl good luck at your 3 hour glucose test- not going to sugar coat it, it sucks but you will get through it hopefully! My lab had a chair that you could lay down with your feet up if you wanted- maybe you could take advantage if that is available for you. So sorry about your loss anniversary- I know its hard not to fall into the google trap. 
  • 1. How far along are you? 26 weeks today

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to? I have an OB appt on Thursday then my glucose test and growth ultrasound on the 5th (combo visit!). Also excited to get to the third tri!

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Starting to get anxious about the birth. It has hit me that this little guy is going to be here soon and I don't feel ready! Our nursery still needs work, and I need to get nursing bras and all that...  I signed up for all the classes, going to do the hospital tour soon, just starting to really tire of everyone's horrible labor tales that people feel free to continue to bombard me with. I don't understand what makes people think it's ok?? 

4. GTKY: What is everyone's plans for the Christmas holiday? We do 7 fishes at my SIL's house for christmas eve, then go to my mom's house for Christmas day. I'm looking forward to having a relaxing time with family. 
  • @BaylieGirl Best of luck with your 3-hour... I hope you don't get too sick from it and that you pass. I Googled umbilical cord wraps Sunday morning after being alerted by my app that I hit third trimester. I don't know why I have to cloud all the positivity with worst case scenarios. :neutral: DH yelled at me to get off the sites, which thankfully snapped me out of it. 

@jenny0228 Good luck on your glucose test! I haven't had people share their horrible labor tales with me yet, but I already know that if they try to, I'll just say, "As long as my baby is born safely, I don't care if I have back labor for 36 hours." Or you know, whatever else they try to spook me with. 
  • @jenny0228 I work in the medical field so unfortunately have seen some bad pregnancy stories or had them as patient's as well so its hard not to know the bad things that can happen but I just try and not think about it and be positive- easier said than done though!
  • 1. How far along are you? 30 weeks 

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to? Can "getting baby's room finished" count?? Because I am really starting to feel some panicked nesting instincts kick in. We have a crib and a bassinet but neither is built; the baby's room is our office (and, mostly, DH's "man cave") so there is a lot to get rid of, consolidate, or store elsewhere. 

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I finally got an appointment for the genetic counseling I've been waiting for, but it's not until January 3rd, so I still have a lot of waiting to go. :( 

4. GTKY: What is everyone's plans for the Christmas holiday? A bit of driving around to see family (southern California), and hopefully a lot of Christmas cookie baking and eating. I'd also like to use the break time to prep all the lessons/materials my long-term sub will need, in case my son decides to arrive prematurely. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017!