August 2017 Moms

Measuring behind?

my husband and I went to my first ultrasound on Thursday at 7 weeks pregnant. Unfortunately, baby was only measuring at 5 weeks 6 days, which "worried" my doctor. We go back for another appointment on Tuesday, but in the mean time has anyone else experienced this? If so please share your stories and/or advice! After TTC for 2 1/2 years I was heartbroken at the news that everything wasn't going as planned. 

Re: Measuring behind?

• Is the 7 weeks due date based off LMP? Because it's possible you ovulated late. With my first pregnancy, and this one, I ovulated late making my EDD a week behind what the LMP said. 
  • Totally agree with the above post. My cycles are long and I don't usually ovulate until around day 20, so my actual due date is about a week later than what you get using LMP. 

So, if you weren't temping or doing a medicated/monitored cycle, I wouldn't be overly concerned just yet. Does you doc have you coming back in soon for a follow up u/s?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • 7 weeks is based off my LMP, but my husband and I travelled for work quite a bit seperstelynlast month, so the ONG possible day of conception would've been NOV. 7 :/. My dr has me coming back in tomorrow for a viability scan. 
  • 7 weeks is based off my LMP, but my husband and I travelled for work quite a bit seperstelynlast month, so the ONG possible day of conception would've been NOV. 7 :/. My dr has me coming back in tomorrow for a viability scan. 
    So, does that work in your favor or behind?

I will say that I measured a week behind with the baby we ended up losing (and I knew it, because I was tracking ovulation). No one told me that that was any cause to be concerned, however, when they told me that, so I have no idea if it was or wasn't something to watch for. With my daughter, I measured exactly where I should have based on ovulation. I wouldn't think a few days here or there means anything--you could have implanted late, and I wouldn't think that measurements are EXACT--there has to be some sort of error plus or minus. Yes, being that off this early is surprising, but they saw a baby, and that's what you need to focus on. Some babies are ALWAYS a week behind and are slow growers. 

Update us tomorrow--your doctor should definitely know more, and if the baby has continued to grow, that's all you need to know so far.
      ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me: 35  DH: 38  |  Married: 6/2013  |  Pregnancy #1, APurp born 10/2014
    Pregnancy #2, BFP 6/4/2016, MMC at 9W, D&E: 7/21/16 | Pregnancy #3, BFP 11/22/16

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Cravings Ticker 
  • So I measured behind at my first ultrasound - 9 days behind based on LMP or 5 days behind based on ovulation. Doctor wasn't too concerned though
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It puts me behind what they are saying. Today I started bleeding :(. I called my Doctor and they are booked solid today, but have kept my spot for tomorrow morning. It's worse than spotting, but isn't seeming to be a full on miscarriage yet. They have me laying flat until my appointment. 
  • I am sorry that you have started bleeding g and that the doctor couldn't fit you in today.  I hope the bleeding stops @sarahcurtis13.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am so sorry, @sarahcurtis13. All the hugs.

• I'm so sorry, @sarahcurtis13. Please stay positive. I had bleeding with my daughter, and never was the doctor concerned at all with her. It happens sometimes. Fingers crossed that the bleeding stops!
      ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me: 35  DH: 38  |  Married: 6/2013  |  Pregnancy #1, APurp born 10/2014
    Pregnancy #2, BFP 6/4/2016, MMC at 9W, D&E: 7/21/16 | Pregnancy #3, BFP 11/22/16

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Cravings Ticker 
  • Thank you all! I hate sharing bad news, but your sweet posts helped
  • I'm sorry @sarahcurtis13 hoping for good news for you tomorrow.
  • Good luck @sarahcurtis13! We are rooting for you!!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Well, I'm scheduled for a d&c tomorrow after bad news this morning. I appreciate all of your prayers and well wishes!
  • I'm so sorry, I was hoping you'd get better news. :'(  

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Us too. Although devastated, I'm trying to stay positive that we were able to get pregnant at all. After TTC for 2 1/2 years, that was a small victory in itself. 
  • I am so sorry for your loss @sarahcurtis13.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• So sorry @sarahcurtis13  I hope you have a sticky rainbow baby in your near future 
  • So sorry for your loss
  • @sarahcurtis13 I'm so sorry for your loss and that you're going through this :( 
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm so sorry it wasn't better news,@sarahcurtis13

• Thank you to each and every one of you
  • ***Lurking***

I'm so very sorry for your loss.  DH and I have been trying for 18 months, and not one bfp.  After 2.5 years, I can just imagine how excited you both must have been!  And now I'm literally crying here for you.  ❤  If you can find a silver lining at all, that is a true gift.  GL and fx for better things to come...
  • So, so sorry :( I hope you get your miracle baby.  <3