December 2016 Moms
Options

Sunday ticker change 12/18

How far along are you (OR how old is baby)?

How big is baby?

Symptoms/recovery?

What's going on this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY (stolen from every day this week!): Of all the baby things you have, what are you most excited to use, and why?

Re: Sunday ticker change 12/18

• Options
    How far along are you (OR how old is baby)? 40 weeks. Blah. I can't believe I'm going to go overdue this time. 

How big is baby? watermelon. 

Symptoms/recovery? just more of the same. Peeing every 5 minutes, loose bowels, can't sleep, pelvic pain, short of breath, hands and feet feel swollen (but don't look swollen), etc etc etc. 

What's going on this week?  Got an OB appt on Tuesday with yet another BPP. Hoping induction doesn't come up, but I'm seeing a new doc (only appt slot they had with an adjacent u/s). 

Rants/Raves/Questions: my garage door stopped working and pretty sure we need to replace the whole unit. Not the time I want to be dealing with this, and of course my car is stuck in the garage. I know there is a release somewhere, but at least we have DH's car.

GTKY (stolen from every day this week!): Of all the baby things you have, what are you most excited to use, and why? My ring sling!  Although I think it's ironic that I can't wait to strap  baby on to carry on my outside body when I've been just wishing to stop carrying her in my inside body.
  • Options
    39 weeks!
    How big is baby?
    As big as a pumpkin
    Symptoms/recovery?
    Nothing new but she confused me so much because every time she feels like she's super low, the next day she feels higher again with her butt practically in my ribs. 
    39 week appointment on Tuesday, getting ready for Christmas. We're supposed to host Christmas Eve with my family as long as we aren't in the hospital, so we'll see what happens with that. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I honestly didn't think I'd make it this far...I went one day early with my oldest and two weeks early with my youngest son and I thought maybe I'd given birth by now but now I'm doubting I'll even go early at all lol. I'd really love for her to show up before Christmas but I haven't been getting any contractions lately so I'm really thinking it's not going to happen. 
    GTKY (stolen from every day this week!): Of all the baby things you have, what are you most excited to use, and why?
    All the cute clothes. I have two boys and while I've always loved buying them nice clothes, girl clothes are completely different.  It's nice to buy girly, pretty clothes after having 8 years of buying only boy clothes that need to be durable because of how rough they are with them lol. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Baby is 4 days old
    How big is baby?
    he was 6 lbs 15 oz when he was born. I think he was down to 6 lbs 8 oz when we left the hospital

Symptoms/recovery?
    Rough. They think I had pre eclampsia when I got to L&D but it presented weird. I also had a postpartum hemorrhage, so I have to take it easy, which is difficult.
    Pediatrician appointment tomorrow for baby, follow up for me on Friday since they were having trouble with my BP before I left the hospital. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions:

Rave: DH! He's been fantastic through all of this since I can't do as much as I would like to. 
    Rant: Resting is tough with a newborn, especially with everyone wanting to come visit. 
    Once he's big enough my baby ktan wrap. He's pretty content being right next to me all the time. 

• Options
    Sorry I'm a little late, ladies, but my Little Miss decided to arrive ON her due date!  Was going to be induced on Monday if she didn't show, so I was very happy that didn't have to happen.

How far along are you (OR how old is baby)? 3 days old today

How big is baby?  She was 7 lbs 8 oz at birth, but last hospital weight was 7 lbs 1 oz (we were having a little trouble getting the hang of this breastfeeding thing!)

Symptoms/recovery?  A little slow going for me, I had a second degree tear during labor (stitches are SO much fun...) and had some issues with fainting post delivery that necessitated getting two units of blood yesterday.  We are officially home now, so hoping that will help with the recovery process some.

What's going on this week?  First pediatrician appointment tomorrow morning.

Rants/Raves/Questions:  We are in love with our little girl!  Still trying to find our rhythm, it's definitely a process.

GTKY (stolen from every day this week!): Of all the baby things you have, what are you most excited to use, and why?  Not really sure.  Right now she's in her cradle swing and seems to be enjoying it!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers