December 2016 Moms

Med-Free Check-In 12/15

1) How far along?
2) How has pregnancy treated you this week?
3) Where are you at? What are you doing regarding labor now that it's close at hand?
4) If you're close enough to your due date and/or having labor-like symptoms, how are you handling the "when is it gonna happen?!" mind spin?
Pregnancy Ticker
Mother of an April '15 baby
Due December 16

Re: Med-Free Check-In 12/15

• Loading the player...
  • Good luck tomorrow @smashjam !!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Yes good luck @smashjam
    1) How far along? 37+5
    2) How has pregnancy treated you this week? Eh. Lost my mucous plug Sunday night. Monday didn't know if it was early labor or prodromal labor. It was prodromal. Since then I'm working mornings in the office and afternoons from home. So much easier on babe and my body.
    3) Where are you at? What are you doing regarding labor now that it's close at hand? Starting to feel miserable. Even sitting up straight is hard. I have lean back 'low rider' style to breathe. Little stinker is all stretched out with her head on my cervix and feet in my ribs.
    4) If you're close enough to your due date and/or having labor-like symptoms, how are you handling the "when is it gonna happen?!" mind spin? Well when Monday's crazy contractions were taking place I was very calm and focused on breathing through each contraction. I can't say for sure because this will be my first birth, but I feel confident that my body and mind are prepared to do this.  

Pregnancy Ticker 

• 1) How far along?
    39 weeks

Fine. I still think I feel to decent to be done yet. 

3) Where are you at? What are you doing regarding labor now that it's close at hand? 
    Spending time on my ball. Walking. Pineapple (but mostly cause I just like it). Nothing too crazy. 

4) If you're close enough to your due date and/or having labor-like symptoms, how are you handling the "when is it gonna happen?!" mind spin?
    For some reason my mind isn't spinning over it. My gut tells me he'll be late, so I'm honestly expecting another 2-3 weeks. Anything before that would just be a welcome surprise. So I'm kind of just ignoring most maybe labor symptoms at this point. I figure I'll know when it's the real deal. 
  • 1) How far along?
    40+6
    A lot of false alarms, and I'm just generally so uncomfortable.
    I had decided not to try anything (except walking) to bring on labor, but I gave in today and started some acupressure and lots of squats.
    Basically freaking out over being so late. I thought I'd be cool with trusting my body but I am apparently not cool with this at all. I'm going to try some meditation and giving up control ala @slartybartfast

• 1) How far along? 41+ 2

NST and US were great, so happy about that. Had regular contractions this morning for a couple hours till they faded. Lost even bigger chunk of mucus plug this afternoon. Seriously, I've lost this thing like 3 times. 

I'm trying natural stuff to induce to avoid the meds, but if it comes to that next week, I'll have to -begrudgingly- let go. 

I get excited now instead of nervous everytime contractions come on. I'm reading affirmations and listening to meditations on labor to set myself up emotionally and spiritually and trying so hard not to wallow in discouragement. 

Pregnancy Ticker