June 2016 Moms

26 wonder week question

My son is going to be 6 months in 5 days. The last 4 days have been awful but I'm torn bc I'm not sure if it is the wonder week or something else.. here is what has happened. He was on soy milk for a long time but it started to hack him up so bad we were having to do prunes kayro syrup and miralax on the daily including milk of magnesia at times. Now I hated it and didn't feel it was good for him or normal to do so  the doctor wouldn't ever change our formula, so I took matters in my own hands and researched different formulas and enfamil reguline had alot of great reviews.. so we have been on it for little over a week maybe closer to 2 weeks.he is pooping every morning and taking the formula so well but has developed bumps on his face.. the kind that our babies got a few weeks after they were born when our hormones were coming out thru their skin.. it's just like that. I've called the dr. And they said if it gets worse to bring him in. But with in these 4 days of getting this rash/bumps  the redness has gone away you can touch he doesn't cry. But he has become extremely fussy and at times his cry sounds more like a scream like something is wrong. He will cry this way unless we hold him. He won't sit in his bouncer and watch cartoons very long he won't play with his toys longer than a couple of minutes before getting mad and turning into this awful cry.. so we hold him he prefers us holding him standing up... we rock and try to get him to sleep.. now he is teething his 2 bottom teeth have cut thru. But we just can't satisfy him. His eating habits are fine not changed he naps 2 hrs every day and wakes up once in the night and no temp.. so I'm just torn. I have called the dr and left voice mail to see him asap. But waiting still.. I just idk if other moms are experiencing this at 26 weeks or teething.. I'm a first time mom.. I guess the rash/bumps are throwing me off making me worried it's more than the wonder week or teething.. opinions please!

Re: 26 wonder week question

• Sorry I don't have great answers for you, but my LO got a rash all over his cheeks and chin this last week after being sick (for the first time!), I assume from constant drooling and spit up from an upset tummy. He also sleeps like CRAP the last 3 weeks. He'll be 6 mos in a few days. Were you able to see the doctor?
  • Sorry I don't have great answers for you, but my LO got a rash all over his cheeks and chin this last week after being sick (for the first time!), I assume from constant drooling and spit up from an upset tummy. He also sleeps like CRAP the last 3 weeks. He'll be 6 mos in a few days. Were you able to see the doctor?
    I haven't posted in forever but my LO had the same thing from all the drool and from getting over being sick.  He also has been sleeping like crappie now for like 4 weeks..just when I thought we were over the 4 month sleep regression 
  • Loading the player...
  • Did you take him to the doctor? If so what did they say?
  • Said he had a milk allergy and put us on that expensive formula. Nutramagen. Rash is just now starting to get better and the crying has calmed down but he is still a fussy baby. Which he has been held his entire life so that probably has something to do with it.. 
  • Said he had a milk allergy and put us on that expensive formula. Nutramagen. Rash is just now starting to get better and the crying has calmed down but he is still a fussy baby. Which he has been held his entire life so that probably has something to do with it.. 
    we're trying to decide if we want to wait till 9 months to get Charlotte allergy tested or do it now. Her eczema is much better but not completely gone. She can't have any dairy so I'm trying bake without butter and milk. I'm happy he's doing better, he'll out grow the fussiness eventually. Did your doctor recommend having him allergy tested later on? Also I have some enfimal coupons I can mail you if you want, if that's who makes the formula.
  • It is, that would be so wonderful,this formula is 38 dollars a can and we to thru 2 a week. Dr said he should grow out of it but I'll probably still have him checked later on because I'm just that way. I would definitely get yours checked if the eczema isn't going away. These little ones are hard to figure out.. now mine is sleeping way more than usual and still fussy. Just super needy. But I'm thinking 6 month growth spurt maybe. Idk. My little guy has been a very difficult baby but it is what it is