Options

Symptoms Thread 12/14

Share this week's good, bad, and ugly. 

Re: Symptoms Thread 12/14

• Options
    HGRichHGRich member
    edited December 2016
    I've got all three:

Good--so much kicking. She keeps changing when she's active though so I never know when to expect it. Nighttime is pretty consistent however. 

Bad--I am completely exhausted this week. I don't think the lack of sunshine is helping at all. 

Ugly--I made it so far in this pregnancy without constipation but this week has been awful. I bought fiber bars only to discover they contain chicory root. I'd probably have to eat a dozen to cause a problem but I'm not risking it. So oatmeal and veggies and tons of water it is. 
  • Options
    @HGRich, an espresso cup of prune juice each night with my vitamins has worked wonders on the constipation front. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have been having a weird back "twinge" every so often that makes it impossible to walk very well for a few minutes without yelping in pain. It's right in the middle of my lower back. I went to the chiropractor Monday hoping that would help but it happened again last night while cleaning up supper. Today it just feels sore there and not as pinched but holy moly when it happens, it hurts!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Good-lots of movement which I'm loving

bad- I have this lower back pain sometimes when I walk, almost like my hip is about to slip out of it's socket and by the end of the day I feel so heavy and my belly feels "stretched out" by morning it's better but I'm miserable at night

ugly- I pee my pants. When I cough, pee. Sneeze, pee. Laugh, pee. It's going to be a long 17 weeks if I keep this up. 

• Options
    @thecavfamily oh how I hate prune juice. Worth a swig if I can get the ol' digestive system moving again though. 
  • Options
    @cafedisco I have been super emotional lately as well! It takes almost nothing to make me want to cry if I feel even the slightest bit of stress. I feel bad for DH. He just never knows what kind of wife he is going to come home to. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @cafedisco and @wagnerw I am with you both. I keep thinking it's just seasonal depression but no. This is random crying all the time. It's gotta be hormones too. 
  • Options
    Coccyx pain.  :s
  • Options
    Coccyx pain.  :s
    Is that a pregnancy symptom or did you hurt it somehow?
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Options
    @KirstinH88 I think it's a pregnancy symptom due to the relaxin loosening the muscles of the pelvic floor (and everything else).  It was strange how suddenly the pain came on,  especially without having done anything other than making dinner and doing some dishes. DH had to help me upstairs to bed last night,  but I'm walking fine this morning. FX.
  • Options
    Good: So much movement!
    Bad: Insomnia has begun. I woke up this morning at 4:00, my alarm goes off at 5am. It doesn't help that DS doesn't always STTN.
    Ugly: Peeing my pants every time I sneeze or cough and crying. All the time. I'm annoyed with myself, I don't know how DH isn't annoyed with me.
  • Options
    First ever charley horse this morning at 430.  Apparently it's pretty common in pregnancy. I hope I never experience that again in my life. 
  • Options
    @Taylor72 powered magnesium can make a huge difference.  You can find it at Whole Foods for sure and just put a bit in a glass of water. Charley horses are awful!
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Options
    @cafedisco I will try that thanks! And I laughed really hard about the fridge phone, glad you found it tho! 
  • Options
    @catedisco to that sounds like a FFFC!! Hahahahahahaha!!! So funny!
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Options
    @cafedisco I seriously laughed out loud...gotta love pregnancy brain!

I'm feeling little man move more and more and I love it!  The feeling has changed from a flutter feeling to more of a quick jab.  Not uncomfortable but harder now and it sometimes gives me that feeling of going down the big drop of a roller coaster.

I posted briefly in the Monday ticker change, but I have been experiencing pretty bad carpal tunnel and meralgia parasthetica.  I'm very interested to know if anyone else has or is experiencing the meralgia parasethetica.  I really haven't complained about symptoms, but this is the worst one I have. It  can bring me pretty close to tears sometimes and has gotten worse over the last month.  I have a Dr's appointment tomorrow and I'm going to bring it up again. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good: Belly is really popping out and baby boy moves a bunch. DS says "baby brother" and nuzzles and pats my belly (or my boobs....the conversation about how brother will nurse apparently stuck with him)

Bad: I've had a spot or two of back pain that puts me down for a couple days at a time. Chiropractor tomorrow should help.

Ugly: I'm a hormonal, emotional mess. I've cried about baby being a boy, my house being a mess, our future being uncertain, worrying my kids won't love me when they grow up, and over student loan repayments. I'm a mess.
  • Options
    @cafedisco I had a bad charlie horse a month or so ago that caused my calf to be sore for several days after.  I had a rice heat pack that seemed to loosen it up a bit, and if you have a foam roller that helped as well (although it hurt like a #$^&* while rolling it out!).  It did finally go away though. :)
  • Options
    @schef070911 how the heck do you roll your calf?  I've tried and I never feel like I can get enough pressure on it, like say on your thigh, for it to help. Teach me your ways!
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Options
    schef070911schef070911 member
    edited December 2016
    @cafedisco Something like this but I've only done the foam roller part (eta: sorry for huge video!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xPLnDiGfAY.  I will say that foam rolling is considerably harder now with the extra weight than it was pre-pregnancy, so I do about as much as I can until my arms get tired.  I also put my other ankle over the calf I'm rolling to add extra weight.  It's not gonna feel great while you're doing it, but it really helps!  :p

My SIL has the "stick" the lady uses at the end of the video and she said it was really helpful when she was too pregnant to foam roll, but I don't have one and haven't tried it.