June 2016 Moms
Options

Photo Sharing

Does anyone regularly use a photo sharing website like Instagram or Imgur?  I'm wondering which ones are good to share photos with family and friends.  I'd like to be able to have it password protected or something but I'm not sure what others opinions of these are.  I'm looking at the following:

Instagram
Imgur
Flickr
Photobucket
Shutterfly
Snapfish
TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Photo Sharing

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Tiny Beans and Lifecake are two photo and video sharing apps that were recommended on this board awhile back. I looked into Tiny Beans but haven't used it yet. 
  • Options
    If you all have iPhones--use the shared photo album feature. It's by invite only and everyone can collaborate. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use tiny beans.  They can either download the app and see pictures there or it sends a daily/weekly email with the most recent photos/videos.  Only those whose e-mail you enter is allowed to view your photos.
  • Options
    rmmorris said:
    If you all have iPhones--use the shared photo album feature. It's by invite only and everyone can collaborate. 
    This is what we use with our family. And then they can also upload photos to the album as well.
  • Options
    Tinybeans is great. Even my horribly untech savvy mil can use it. Sort of... she at least gets the emails.
  • Options
    We use Google Drive to share photos with family.  We just provide them with a link to a folder location that we continually update.  They are able to download any picture they want this way.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    egirl1025 said:
    We use Google Drive to share photos with family.  We just provide them with a link to a folder location that we continually update.  They are able to download any picture they want this way.
    That's what my husband wants to use. It's just easier.
  • Options
    I use lifecake with my friends and family. It's like a private social media. People invited can post pics and videos, like stuff, and write comments. It also tracks how old they were in the picture automatically based on the date it was taken.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    My family all uses Android, so we use Google Photos to share albums. I would imagine there is a version for Apple, but I don't know for certain.
  • Options
    I highly recommend Tinybeans since it is easy to use and you do not have to have a smart phone to use it! I have family who prefer to use the internet on a computer instead of their phone and the website is as user friendly as the app! If you use the app, it works on Samsung and Apple phones.  It's so easy to add photos and videos and I love how it keeps a timeline through the calendar format. 
  • Options
    Tinybeans is the best app around. I've tried a few (notabli, etc.) And tiny beans hits it out of the park with their UI/UX and ease of use. All of my friends and family always comment on how their tinybeans email is the highlight of their day! It's such and great app to share photos and videos of your child without blasting social media. It allows you to control their social presence unail they want to since everything on tinybeans is private. I'd recommend tinybeans to any new mom/dad!
  • Options
    My best friend uses Lifecake and it is fine but I sometimes find the interface difficult to navigate, particularly on a phone. We use Tinybeans and love it. I set it up the day after my LO was born to prevent in-laws from posting pictures on Facebook or other less secure social media sites. I was able to give family members posting access and friends viewing access so it has become a place for all pictures, regardless of who took them. Friends who don't want notifications for every post can just get a daily or weekly email summary. Friends now call our baby "Tinybeans" and everyone loves being able to watch his development!