Trouble TTC

New Gal

Hi there! My name is Lisa and I'm 36. DH and I have been TTC #1 for 16 months. DH had a vasectomy reversal July 2015. He's had several sperm counts done since then. Every time he's produced too small of an amount of semen to be analyzed. As soon as we know how much sperm he is producing we can proceed with an iui (his reversal doctor is confident he is producing at least some). It's been frustrating (a feeling all of you ladies I'm sure can relate to!). 
Im so happy to join this group!
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: New Gal

• I am sorry you have to be here but glad you found us.  I can see how that would be frustrating.  I wish you all good luck from this point out.
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Thank you so much!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome! Sorry you have to join us, but this is a great group. I hope you jump right in yo the weekly check-in threads!
  • Thank you! I will!!
  • Welcome, best of luck to you and your DH. :)
  • Welcome! I am new too but I have been reading a lot of the post of this community and  they are very helpful. 

Sorry to to hear what you are going through. I do think that persistence helps.

It is nice to know your husband is all onboard for this. I feel mine has enough hard time just having to shoot on a cup for the IUI (he is having a hard time in general with all this)..never mind getting a reversal? Wow you have a trooper.
    Me: 38 - DH:43
    TTC #1 since Aug 2014 (wedding night)
    dx: unexplained (low motility not helping)
    rx: Clomid 150 & IUI (third round) All BFN
    currently working on ivf#1
  • Thank you ladies!! I could brag a lot about my DH but that's just annoying lol. FX that he produces enough semen on 1/2 so we can finally find out his count!! 
  • @Spaniard - OMG, me too. My DH is the blurst about this. Gah. But I'm 100% certain that after he meets our baby, he will thank me for pushing him so hard. He has no idea how in love he is going to be, and because I have more information, I have to make an executive decision.

Luckily, he is pretty cute in about every other way, and is also, ultimately, willing to defer to me on this, despite his skepticism about how much he will like being a dad.

• @funkykey - Your DH is going to be head over heels. My DH has 4 kids from previous marriages. Maybe that's why he's willing to go through all this lol. 
  • @funkykey I hear what you are saying and agree. I think it is more apparent to us what we are missing than to them. However, I can't wait to see his face when it happens, I think is going to be such a cool experience for him too, and heart warming. 

Of of course I am also positive today...had my third IUI and feeling lucky. We'll see...what I can say is that there is a lot of cramping going on, hopefully is a good sign.
    Me: 38 - DH:43
    TTC #1 since Aug 2014 (wedding night)
    dx: unexplained (low motility not helping)
    rx: Clomid 150 & IUI (third round) All BFN
    currently working on ivf#1
  • @Spaniard- Best of luck with your iui! I can't wait to start trying iuis.