Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check-In 12/12

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Have any pets? Tell us about them. If you don't, tell us what pets you'd like to have if you could. 

Re: PGAL Check-In 12/12

• How far along are you? 7w 6 d

How big is baby? 
    Still a raspberry

Appointments this week? 
    None, next week!

Emotionally better. We had an unplanned u/s on Friday due to a sudden loss of symptoms and all was good. Gives me some peace of mind that I can feel okay and nothing is wrong at the same time. Who knew? Food generally SOUNDS good but eating is hard. Nothing tastes or smells good. Still tired and asleep early. 

12/20 ultrasound!

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Have any pets? Tell us about them. If you don't, tell us what pets you'd like to have if you could. 
    We have a 2 year old black lab mix named Truman. He's a character and truly our current baby. Definitely will incorporate him into our announcement when the time comes.
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • @byrneme yay for a bonus u/s and baby doing well! 

How far along are you? 
    22 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Coconut. But she measured 13oz two weeks ago so there's no telling. :) 

Appointments this week? 
    Not until 12/29

Emotionally I'm alright. Still approaching my original EDD which is hard, but I'm loving the tiny kicks from little girl. I will say I still have moments where I'm terrified. 9 months is so long to wait to meet someone! Physically I'm doing better with a maternity belt. My skin has cleared up and my face looks more glowy. But ugh the bloating right now. My digestion is not being helped out by all the Christmas goodies and parties and such. 

Bonus ultrasound to get some extra shots of her heart that they missed. Excited to see how she's grown. Other than that I'm excited to be approaching viability. Of course I want her to stay in there as long as possible but it's crazy that she's almost to the point where she's survive in the outside world and that just blows my mind. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    Anyone else think experience ocular migraines? I had a fun aura on Saturday followed by a mild headache but not a full blown migraine. Weird. 

1.5 year old black lab/vizsla mix named Phoebe. She is incredibly high energy and a spoiled brat but I love her. Once she gets over her jealousy of baby girl she'll be a good "sister." Haha. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 18w5d

How big is baby? 
    My little one is the size of a sweet potato

Appointments this week?
    Anatomy scan on Thursday, which happens to be our 4th wedding anniversary

I'm still nervous and scared about this baby. 

Learning the gender of our baby

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    I'm a plus size and FTM momma. At this point, I haven't felt like I've felt the baby move. Is it normal not to feel anything at 18w? 

No pets right now. 
    ***Loss mentioned***
    Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married: 12-15-2012
    TTC: January 2014
    IUI 12-11-2014 ... BFP: 12-24-2014 MMC: 2-17-2015 @ 12 weeks
    IUI 6-1-2015 ... BFP: 6-16-2015 MC: 7-19-2015 @ 9 weeks 2 days
    IUI 3-4-2016 ... BFP: 3-20-2016 MC: 5-2-2016 @ 10 weeks 3 days
  • @CRJones1978 yay for anatomy scan coming, and happy anniversary! From what I know it's normal. You can feel baby for the first between 18-24 weeks so you've still got several weeks before it would be a concern. Especially for FTMs. I felt mine a little earlier but I think I'm just super sensitive. I know plenty of FTMs who didn't feel anything until 20-22 weeks. :) 
  • How far along are you? 24w 4d

How big is baby? A cantaloupe 

Appointments this week? I had a quick regular OBGYN check up, nothing eventful. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally pretty good. I had some major crankiness triggered by an annoying day at my in laws that I just couldn't shake, I hate that! Physically, also good but I've been getting tried more quickly and need to sit a lot.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? I guess the third trimester. I spent so much of this pregnancy cautious and worried and now that I'm more accepting of it, it's like all of a sudden I'm super pregnant and this baby's birth is just around the corner. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: feeling baby move a bunch everyday now, so that's nice and reassuring.

GTKY: Have any pets? Tell us about them. If you don't, tell us what pets you'd like to have if you could. I have a little mutt mix. She's really cute and sweet, and I've always been a huge dog/animal lover but when this dog is gone I am done with dogs!! I'm so busy all the time with my daughter and now there's going to be a second baby to care for. I'm totally over having to also take care of a dog. I feel bad cause she use to be my baby, but she's just not anymore. We also have chickens, originally we had 8 but now we are down to 7 :( One night we forgot to close the coop door and either a fox or raccoon got in and grabbed one. Of course it was my favorite chicken too. 
  • @crjones1978 with my daughter I didn't feel her til 20-22 weeks. Hope you start feeling better after the anatomy scan. 

@hgrich I get some pretty horrible headaches but I don't think they qualify as migraines and I certainly don't see any auras - sounds like a blast. 
  • @bryneme glad you got a bonus US to put your mind at ease.
  • I realized I've only been posting on this board when I'm worrying, so I'm gonna jump in here when I'm feeling good, too.

How far along are you?
    16 weeks

How big is baby?
    Avocado

Appointments this week?
    Not until 12/20

I feel great today. My coworker gave me a fetal doppler and I heard a 140 bpm heart beat. It picked it up super quickly. 

Seeing baby on the US again next week, and then anatomy scan on 1/3. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Itchy nipples are the worst symptom lately, and I've been having a good bit of back pain (which is normal for me, but I usually take something). I am super excited about my growing belly, though. I bought a cute sweater dress over the weekend that shows it off. 

I have a sweet 8 year old pit bull/bull mastiff mix. She's a big softie. She's been extra clingy and protective of me lately, so I wonder if she knows something's different. This is her:

Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• How far along are you?  8 weeks

How big is baby?
    Kidney bean

Appointments this week? 
     First appt with nurse midwife on Thursday

Honestly? I'm a mess emotionally and physically.  I'm not throwing up, but I'm having all day long nausea, every suggestion to eat or drink sounds disgusting, but I know I need to so it's stressing me out!!  I've tried sea bands, taking my vitamins at night, eating small meals, nothing is working so far. I'm hoping the midwife can give me some suggestions. 

The end of nausea!  

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
     Anyone have any suggestions for dealing with nausea? I was reading earlier tonight about ginger pills or the combination of vitamin B6 and unisom. I feel like I want to ask a professional first though.

No pets here. My husband and I constantly go back and forth between wanting a dog and thinking they're too much work. Our neighbors got a puppy during the summer and I got major puppy fever, then it started barking all day and night and I got over that pretty quickly!  A cat would be a good compromise but neither of us are cat fans. 
  • @cpr79 I'm sorry for the nausea. I lost seven pounds from it myself. Don't panic though. Baby will get what he/she needs regardless of whether you eat or not. It's just awful for you. I made sure to have a snack of something really bland around me all the time. Not just small, frequent meals, but bland snacks all the time. Different things work for different people. Ginger didn't seem to make a difference for me. Munch before bed. Keep crackers or something by your bed and if you wake up, eat. Take your prenatals during whatever part of day you're least nauseated. I know you said you've tried it. What I found was that taking vitamins without iron helped. Then I switched to the ones with iron in the second tri. Your midwife should be able to help, I hope! 
  • @cpr79 that first trimester sickness is the worst!! I remember even water made me want to gag, and I was so thirsty!!! Ditto what HGRICH said though, try not to stress over it as far as the baby is concerned, he/she will take what they need for you. One thing I was able to snack on was pretzels :/
  • @kns1988 glad you're feeling good!!! That's a big cute dog! She probably can sense something is up with you :)
  • @Bok Bagok pretzels are about the only thing that doesn't make my stomach turn right now! And ditto on the so thirsty but water sounds disgusting! We have an ice machine at my work so I've been trying to at least do that, doesn't seem as bad. 
  • @cpr79 the info my RE gave me after my first u/s said you can absolutely take the B6/unisom combo at night and even do half doses in the AM. Hope that gives you some professional reassurance and you get to feeling better!
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • How far along are you? 9-1/2 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Cherry, gumball

Appointments this week?
    Nope.

Still tired and nauseous, yet hungry.  The nausea peaks about an hour after I wake up, and again at ~5pm every day.  Emotionally, this is the week that our first baby stopped developing (we didn't learn that for a few more weeks), so I have been very anxious - lots more "if this baby makes it..." comments and over-analyzing symptoms.

Ultrasound on 12/22 then telling family on Christmas

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Any hints on fighting insurance to cover extra tests?  The current battle is pre-authorizing the NT u/s and related genetic testing.  My insurance has a list of 5 criteria, that I almost make several of (for example, the baby is due 5 days before I turn 35, their cutoff).  My doctor will try to advocate, but insurance has denied thus far.

We have two kitties.  One older cat who can't decide if he's a grumpy old man or a cuddle bug kitten.  The younger one is still 100% kitten (but he's 1-1/2), who will run and play, then collapse to sleep in no time flat.  They both love to cuddle on my lower belly, but never together!