March 2017 Moms
Options

Fit Mama Check-In: Dec 12!

Happy Monday, Ladies! Cheers to a new week!

1: How far along are you
?

2: What are your goals for the week ahead
?

3: How was last week?

4: Discovered any new fitness challenges or needed modifications
?

5: How are/have you treated your self? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments
!

6: How are you doing mentally and emotionally this week as you body grows and changes physically
?

7: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms?

8: GTKY: Do you have a pet(s)? Tell us about them! If not, is there a pet you'd like to get in the future 
?

9: challenge chatter---> last week! day 22 (rest day) of push-ups. Hows it going? Reducing sugar? Remind us of your goal(s) and how was last week? 

Re: Fit Mama Check-In: Dec 12!

• Options
    serenity13serenity13 member
    edited December 2016
    Hi ladies! Hope you all had a great weekend! :)

? 25 weeks tomorrow!

? Do way better than last week lol ...3 workouts (maybe 4 if I'm lucky) and pick better food options.

3: How was last week? I sucked. I only got 2 workouts in (3 if I count walking dogs around for a couple hours) and my sugar-free kick ended yesterday when my coworker bought a chocolate-filled-chocolate-chip cookie for me. It was awesome but that made me crave more sweets and I ate mint choc. chip ice cream for dinner last night. For my first dinner I should say. I had a personal size little lean cuisine pizza for my second. And I totally forgot to do push-ups since Thursday.

? Feeling bigger for sure. The days I did remember to do my push-ups I had to do them all from my knees.

5: How are/have you treated your self? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments
    ! I'm gonna go with my sugar indulgences yesterday. Also, my cold is finally over so that's something to celebrate, and tonight is my last class for my fall semester (YAY!) so I'll finally be able to watch some Christmas movies! I haven't let myself really watch any tv/movies lately, I'm not a big tv person to begin with but it'll feel nice to just truly relax for a few days in between semesters.

6: How are you doing mentally and emotionally this week as you body grows and changes physically
    ? Good - as much as I hated/hate getting asked "how are you feeling?" by literally every single person I love getting the question now of "when are you due?" since people can't help noticing how pregnant I am & acknowledging the bump...4 random people asked me yesterday! I love my belly lol

7: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? My next appointment to measure my cervix is tomorrow and I'm nervous but hopeful at the same time. Keeping my fingers crossed it'll go ok & that they won't make me start bed rest.

8: GTKY: Do you have a pet(s)? Tell us about them! If not, is there a pet you'd like to get in the future 
    ?
    This is my current baby, a 3.5 y/o pitt mix, who we adopted a year and a half ago. Sweetest thing ever, I love him so much! DH is "allergic" to cats, so we can only have dogs (eta: truth is he just hates cats). I've been trying to convince DH forever to let me bring home another one but he's adamantly against it. Hopefully he'll break down over time...

9: challenge chatter---> last week! day 22 (rest day) of push-ups. Hows it going? Reducing sugar? Remind us of your goal(s) and how was last week? Like I said above, I didn't do well at all this past week :( But, it's a new week and I'm determined to do much better!! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    YAY for a new week! Getting closer and closer to the holidays! 
    @serenity13 your dog is SO CUTE!!!! fingers crossed all is well at your appointment tomorrow!! 

? 25 weeks tomorrow

? 4 workouts. I think 4 is my official number now, down from 5. I just need more rest days. On the weekends I stay really active getting the house ready for baby and doing errands so I don't really have many sedentary days. I'm aiming for 3 crossfit and one run but it's getting COLD out and I definitely do not want to run over any ice or snow these days. 

3: How was last week? Pretty good. I managed 4 sweaty workouts. 3 crossfit workouts and one HIIT at home workout since it was too cold and windy to run outside. Eating was.. ok. Most of the week I made good choices but last night I started some Christmas cookie batches and well... I had to try them to make sure they were ok!!!!!

? Just overall have to slow it down. I haven't had to continually decrease my weights since my initial decrease after becoming pregnant, I still feel like I am lifting at a safe percentage, but I do have to slow the cardio down a bit more. And my running is slooooooow. 

! Tried a few hot out of the oven christmas cookies!!! 

? I'm feeling good this week. As my bump starts to protrude more, I notice that I still can see my hips. I've gained 20lbs so far. More than I thought I would at this point, but I'm ok with it. 

7: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Made some homemade granola and @kjd291 I got the ingredients to make your energy ball recipe, going to make that tonight! Just need to surround myself with healthy snacks. But I did buy a dark chocolate bar on my grocery shopping this weekend. I keep it in the freezer and break off tiny pieces to just have a little bite after dinner. It does the trick and is better than having a cookie or icecream I guess. All to the goal of decreasing sugar. I have realized cutting it out completely just leads to dreaming of stuffing my face with cake. 

?
    We have the SWEETEST little mutt. Her name is Maggie, that was her name when we adopted her 7 years ago and we kept it because she was so timid and scared at the time, we just wanted to not confuse her any more once she reached us! 

9: challenge chatter---> last week! day 22 (rest day) of push-ups. Hows it going? Reducing sugar? Remind us of your goal(s) and how was last week? push ups are going ok - at crossfit on Friday we had a workout that included 10 rounds of 10 deadlifts/10 pushups. So I did 100 push-ups that day! So I took the weekend off from push-ups, getting back to it today! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1: How far along are you? 27 weeks & 4 days!

2: What are your goals for the week ahead? 
    4-5 x working out + healthy food choices!
    MON: CrossFit / Cardio (DONE!)
    TUES: Cardio
    WED: CrossFit / Cardio
    THURS: Cardio (Optional)
    FRI: CrossFit

3: How was last week? Not the best! Only made it to the gym 3x. I was feeling pain along the back leftside of my body that hurt to just walk. So I took some extra rest days. Did 3 cardio workouts + 1 upper body workout. 

4: Discovered any new fitness challenges or needed modifications? Today I did a CrossFit workout that included a lot of modifications...
    This was the workout with my modifications in parenthesis....
    10 Rounds For Time
    100 Jump Rope (25 Step Ups)
    10 Hand Release Pushups (10 Elevated Pushups)
    10 Push Presses
    10 Butterfly Situps (10 Medball Slams)
    10 TRX Pullups
    10 Jump Squats (10 Air Squats)

It feels so weird to modify so much, but I know it's best. Crazy thing is that my heart rate was so elevated the whole workout, even with all these modifications!! I was pushing 80-95% of my max the entire time (took me 29 minutes to finish). I didn't feel that I was working that hard and I wasn't trying to rush it, but yet my heart rate stayed elevated. I'm thinking it may be because I'm carrying the baby high... maybe baby is putting pressure on my lungs?!?!

5: How are/have you treated your self? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments! I've booked a hair appt, as well as a mani/pedi for me and Mom on Wednesday! I'm getting rid of my highlights and going back to all dark. I'm looking forward to it! And nails will be real festive :)

6: How are you doing mentally and emotionally this week as you body grows and changes physically? I'm doing lots better now that my belly bump has popped and it's obvious (for the most part!) that I'm prego and not just gaining weight, LOL!!

7: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Just curious about my elevated heart rate during today's workout... I wrote about it in question 4.

8: GTKY: Do you have a pet(s)? Tell us about them! If not, is there a pet you'd like to get in the future ? Awwwww... my furbabies..... LOVE THEM!!! We have 2!!
    We adopted bulldog Gracie 10 months ago after I had lost my first bulldog to cancer at 10.5 years of age. Her name was Sofia. I got Sofia as a pup at 8 weeks so losing her was very hard for me. She was diagnosed with an oral melanoma on January 8th, 2016 and died January 20th. It was one of the hardest times of my life, but I'm thankful for finding Gracie and the joy she brings. Although she does come with baggage.... Vet thinks she's 4.5yo and was used for breeding, and kept outside most of her life. She had terrible mange and skin issues when we adopted her, but has made a complete recovery!!!!!
    And then there's Petie :) My Hubby adopted him when he was a puppy. He's a Pitbull / Lab mix and is sweet as pie. His nickname is Petie the Pie. He's 3yo.
    Love our doggies!! I want more, but Hubby says nooooooo :(
    Here are some pics:

• Options
    Loving all the puppy pics!! You guys have some real cuties! 

@serenity13 Prayers your appointment tomorrow shows no changes!

1: How far along are you? 30weeks!!! Ahhhhhhh. Holy cannoli!

? 4 workouts (definitely need to cut back from my 5) Monday is done! ...though not too well, but it was something. Hah. Push-ups, and sugar reduction with one cheat treat!

3: How was last week? Good. ...well, it was bad, but considering I was sick it was all that it needed to be!  Got my Mon & Tue workouts in, and then took a break for the rest of the week when I got sick to let my body rest.

? Can't do the 5x a week I was, may even need to cut back to 3x.  My bump is getting BIG ya'll, and this whole 30wks pregnant exercising thing is so much more difficult this time around! My first I didn't feel it like this. Think maybe baby has flipped head down because with already carrying so low: the pressure is crazy! And lots lots lots of Braxton hicks if I push myself too hard during the day :( so getting my usual fast and sweaty workouts is not happening.  Plus, having to take breaks (not even just during my workout) to sit and put my feet up and drink water.

! This week I enjoyed my first sweets--carrot cake! Also this weekend a Panera broccoli bread bowl counted in my head as a splurge. 

6: How are you doing mentally and emotionally this week as you body grows and changes
    ? Lots better than expected! Gained 30lbs, eek! looking huuuuge--BUT mentally have been able to be totally fine with it, and trust that it's the process and the weight will go away. Thank God! And Lots of this mindset is thanks to all of YOU and this awesome place to be reminded of that.

7: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? My DD has switched up our usual routine... it's time for the dreaded nap transition! We've gotten so used to our groove of two naps a day, but it's time to say goodbye and go to only one nap.  This is hard for me because I love routine and also making workouts hard--my usual routine is morning hr nap is workout & breakfast time, but now that she's awake, my already challenging to achieve workouts are being interrupted by little grabby hands for my exercise equipment, and fussy requests to be picked up. Not to mention she decided she wanted to eat all of the healthy breakfast I made for myself!   Not sure yet if I'm going to continue trying to get them in before I start my day or push workouts to afternoon naptime.  I like getting them done and out of the way and being able to get clean and dressed for the day ahead.
    Overall im dealing with a really cranky kid because even though she's refusing to nap and is ready for one nap, she's tired all day and making life difficult.  I am getting a little overwhelmed when I think about adding baby 2 to the mix... like: what was I thinking!? But try not to think about it, because I know we'll figure it all out just fine when the time comes.

8: GTKY:   
    ?  DH and I want a dog so bad!! It wasn't until pregnancy with DD we moved to our home and for the first time would have been able to have pets because past leases did not allow them. But, decided a new puppy and a baby at the same time is not a good idea. So... DD's first birthday we thought we'd get her one! But: surprise - pregnant again! Haha.  So a puppy is definitely in our future - just not sure when! 

9: challenge chatter---> push-ups. Reducing sugar? Remind us of your goal(s) and how was last week? 
    I skipped push-ups two days while sick, but otherwise they are good, as stated before: harder than I expected. All from the knees now and usually split into two sections because I need a break.

sugar is good! I let myself try some nibbles of sweets at DH Christmas gala--and they weren't good!? So I said, why waist the sweets and didn't eat them.  Instead used my weekly splurge on my Dad's awesome carrot cake this weekend while visiting with family. I have been having lots of honey in tea, and to sweeten my energy bites:::so that totally counts as sugar, but I'm mostly ignoring it cuz it's healthy, right!? Hah.
  • Options

? 26 weeks and 2 days

? Would like to get 3 workouts in this week. 

3: How was last week? Last week wasn't great exercise wise. Still having this nagging pain in my right quad, so I'm seeing a Physio tomorrow to find out what's going on. Food was a lot better though. While in an intense nesting phase, I meal prepped 3 days of food for myself and DH

? Been avoiding cardio and leg exercise due to leg pain. So mostly doing arms/back plus prenatal yoga. Am noticing I'm getting out of breath a lot easier, so taking breaks during sets more. 

! Going on vacation again this weekend, haha. Can't fly home for Christmas so DH and I are going to Vienna and Budapest for a week instead. Also got a wax today, thank god. I officially can no longer see my lady parts, haha. 

? Getting super frustrated with this leg pain. Has made me think "what's the point of even going to the gym if I can only do back and arms." But DH has been really supportive and reminding me that it's still progress and effort and not for nothing. 

7: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Starting to wonder (STMs) how late you were doing exercise. Did you do it till delivery? Starting to worry that between my leg and getting out of breath more often that in the near future I'm not going to be able to do my same exercise. Maybe I'm just noticing now that I'm bigger, and it won't get exponentially more difficult. 

? I have a little Boston terrier mix we shipped over to Dublin with us. Her name is keeley, and she's 8 years old. Don't know what I'd do without her!! She's proper crazy but such a good snuggler. Sometimes she just starts chasing her tail for no reason until she runs into the wall. Haha. She also thinks she's part human. 

9: challenge chatter---> last week! day 22 (rest day) of push-ups. Hows it going? Reducing sugar? Remind us of your goal(s) and how was last week?  Push ups are still going well. Going to try to finally ease up on sugar this week, but won't be too hard on myself while I'm on vacation.  My goals are super vague. Haha

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1: How far along are you? 28 weeks tomorrow! Officially in the home stretch (yikes!)

? Every year around this time I find its getting tougher to squeeze workouts in  - I have so much to do before the holidays and this week alone I have doctor's appointments after work on both Tuesday and Thursday, so I'm going to go light this week and aim for 2 workouts. 

3: How was last week? Not terrible. I didn't get in my "traditional" 4 workouts in but I decorated the house some every night last week which is a workout in itself!

? Still having trouble with my regular cardio exercises, so I've been focusing on more strength training

! I went to a tricky tray last Thursday and I ended up winning a baby girl basket!

? Much better than I have been. Last night DH and I went to his work Christmas party and one of his co-worker's wives is pregnant as well. Her and I are approximately the same size but her due date is six weeks behind mine. It just goes to shows that every body and every baby is different, and we're both ok! That's what I need to remember. But I'm not gonna lie, seeing her made me feel really good about myself :#

7: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? DH & I started baby furniture shopping over the weekend. We saw a lot of really nice sets but I'm not sure how we are going to narrow it down. We are going to have to pick soon though because I am determined to have baby's room completed by February 1st.  How is everyone else doing with a nursery? 

? I have a female Saint Bernard named Dakota. She just turned 10 this past Saturday. She's 150 pounds. She is truly a gentle giant and my big baby :) 

9: challenge chatter---> last week! day 22 (rest day) of push-ups. Hows it going? Reducing sugar? Remind us of your goal(s) and how was last week? Push-Ups are still going but all on knees. Reducing sugar is going well also and I only allowed myself one cheat day last week.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

@serenity13 good luck with your appointment tomorrow! Fingers crossed for a long cervix!

@kjd291 I am having the same issue as you with the pressure and the Braxton Hicks, I've definitely had to slow it down majorly. I finally bought one of those maternity belts ($15 at Kohl's) and it feels great on and takes a lot of the pressure off, but it looks pretty ridiculous as it shifts everything up and out lol. Definitely worth it for around the house though, maybe it would help you too. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @jenny0228 I hope you enjoy the energy bites! You'll have to let me know what you think :]

@triwellnessgirl In my unprofessional opinion about the elevated heart rate : It's just part of pregnancy.  As you get farther along, it takes less and less effort to get to a point of pushing yourself. By 40wks a walk may be all we need to get a good sweat in ;]

@npaulie hope your physio appointment is helpful! Let us know how it goes!  As far as working out till the bitter end--kinda along the lines of what I said above--you usually have to slow down and modify your workouts more and more as you approach the end. It obviously various a lot from person to person, but for me I was doing pretty similar to now workouts up till the day I was sent to the hospital to be induced ((although: this was at 37wks, so I cannot speak to what it's like to try and workout at 40+ weeks)) I'm already feeling the same: like I probably won't be able to keep this up, but all we can do is take it day by day, I guess!  AND yay for vacation! Love that you're getting to take advantage of all the travel!

@gracie4400 Re: no nursery here. LO will be in our room for the first 6mo or so, mostlikley bedsharing in a nest or beside me in a pack and play. when LO starts sleeping well enough, moved to sharing a room with DD. It's bitter sweet to not have an extra room for baby to set up and decorate... but also nice to not have the extra to-do list and work.
  • Options
    vino831vino831 member
    edited December 2016

Crazy I’ve been gone long enough to miss an entire challenge! I hope there will be another one I can jump in on! 

Seriously everyone’s furry loves look soo sweet!!

npaulie Vienna and Budapest sounds AWESOME!!! And your husbands support is super sweet. 

1: How far along are you?

?

3 days stroller strides

3: How was last week?

Does unpacking 4 weeks’ worth of suitcases and decorating the house count? If not… pass. ;-) Buuut I think it counts some since I have a lot of boxes of décor! hehe

?

Nothing really. Oh wait… the incontinence during impact activities is so very very annoying.

!

Started physical therapy back up. Which has been good even if its just for the fact that during my evaluation we identified where I’m strong and where I’m weaker so I’ve learned that I need to pay a little more attention to my upper back.

?

I hate it. Im not gonna lie. Every bit I gain  (esp that not on the belly) weighs heavily on me. I am one of those women that couldn’t loose weight pp with DS while breastfeeding. I had a great diet and was active but just couldn’t get over the hump. So Ive started this pregnancy with that extra weight. (DS was 9 mo when we got pregnant) so I feel like I’m going to be behind the power curve with loosing for this pregnancy too since I plan to breastfeed again.  Even if Im not in the best shape of my life or a size Im happy with how active I’ve been this pregnancy and all in all just try to keep reminding myself that this will pass. Once Im done breastfeeding I can go back to balls to the wall work outs! J

7: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms?

I think question 6 was rant enough ;-)

?

We had an awesome Rottweiller named Ruger who passed about 10 months ago now.  Here are a couple of the last pictures of him with our DS. IDK when we will get another dog. We are dog people but loosing him has been so hard that I think we both want to wait until our lo’s start to ask for one.

• Options
    Good luck with your appointment tomorrow @serenity13 !!!! Please keep us posted. Praying for the best <3
  • Options
    Love all the pet pictures!!! Adorable!!!

Thanks for all the support & prayers everyone, they're so appreciated!! Just  got home from my appointment and oh my worddddd my baby boy is already 2 lb. 3 oz!!!!! He's measuring 2-3 weeks ahead!!!! Makes me feel a little bit better about my 29 lb. weight gain and also makes me feel a little bit more comfortable if he does come early!
    My cervix measured the same as it did two weeks ago, today was my last appointment where they measure it - it's still closed so that's great news, hopefully it'll stay put until baby's ready to come out!! 
    Gonna get a workout session & my push-ups in now before work!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @serenity13 yay!!! So so glad to hear it! And yay for such a big healthy baby boy! 

DD decided to take a morning nap after all today!! So even though I don't feel like it: I'm about to do my workout and push-ups too! Happy Tuesday, ladies! 
  • Options
    @serenity13 so glad you got good news at your appointment! That's SO great to hear!!  I haven't had an appointment yet where they tell me how much baby weighs, I am going to ask at my next one in a couple weeks. 

@kjd291 YAY! to a napping DD so you can get a workout in! 30 weeks and going strong!! Also made the energy balls, I used orange zest in place of the oil but they are SO. GOOD. 

@vino831 welcome back! I think we are planning a wall-sit challenge after the pushup challenge? 

@gracie4400 I'm with you on being active counting as a workout these days! I get so much more winded easily so I feel like a weekend of doing housework and decorating definitely counts for something! As for our nursery, it is still in progress. I'm starting to feel sort of behind, but some wallpaper is being shipped, and I ordered some curtains so slowly over the next few weeks it should come together. 

@npaulie Vienna and Budapest! SO exciting! I have always wanted to visit Budapest. You'll have to let us know how it goes! I hope your physio appt goes well too, and you can get some relief. 

@triwellnessgirl awesome job keeping up the crossfit with modifications! That sounds like a challenging workout even with your pregnancy mods! It's getting harder and harder for me, and I'm getting to the point where the bar path is really compromised because of my belly. We have clean&jerk tonight, but I'm doing cleans and snatch always from the hang position instead of the floor now which is easier. 
  • Options
    kjd291kjd291 member
    edited December 2016
    @vino831 we plan on doing more challenges!! Wall sits, and then squats over the next two months. Then if we're all still around-some core stuff post baby!
    I know every baby can be different! So hopefully this time around breastfeeding will be a help, not a hurdle, when it comes to loosing the extra weight. 

@jenny0228 glad you like them!! My DH even enjoyed them, so he helped make an extra batch this weekend! 

Got my workout in!! Here is my checklist progress! 32 boxes/workouts to go... and only 54 days till I hit "full" term at 38wks. ((I did check off a half dozen extra boxes after calculating that I thought my 4&1/2 workout per week average was a little lofty for 3rd Tri))

• Options
    Had my Physio appointment today, she said that it looks like the relaxin plus baby weight plus old leg injury made my pelvic bond slightly off center so my quads have been working overtime in the gym to keep it stable. She said my glutes have gotten really weak (which I'm not sure how... I've definitely been working them in the gym) so she gave me some specific exercises to do to focus on my glutes while my quad heals. So glad it's something not that bad!!

@kjd291 glad to hear DD took a nap today and that you were able to get your workout in!

@serenity13 so glad to hear your appointment went well too!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @npaulie glad you have some answers and can work towards getting your quad healed! 
  • Options
    wall sits and squats sound perfect!!! Wahoo! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Just checking in to say Hello! I have the day off today so am on the home computer. Got in my third workout of the week this morning... CrossFit / Cardio / Upper Body and then went to the lab for my 1hr Glucose Test. I'm kinda nervous because I've been eating a lot more carbs than usual ever since Thanksgiving!! Didn't even think to cut back prior to this test. This morning I had cottage cheese at 4am before my workout and that was it prior to taking the test at 9am. Hope all goes well. Never done this before!!

How is everyone's week going? Today Mom and I get our hair done, so I'm pretty stoked about that!! YAY! And then am meeting my friend Priscilla for dinner. She's 15 weeks pregnant. We haven't seen each other in about a year, so it'll be so sweet to reunite with her and talk baby!!

@npaulie Happy to hear you've got answers and it's not that bad! Awesome!

@kjd291 Love that chart. I keep saying I'm going to make one... now that I've started 3rd Tri, I really need to. That'll be my project today!!

@jenny0228 Thank you and WAY TO GO for continuing CrossFit as well!!! You go girl!!!!!!

@serenity13 CONGRATS on the positive news! What a relief!! 

OK Ladies, have a fab day everyone!!!!

Oh, and PS.... my Hubby's lunch with his daughter last week didn't go as well as we had hoped, BUT it's a step forward..... he hasn't heard from her since so that's a bummer, but we remain hopeful that there will be restoration soon. Thank you for the prayers and positive thoughts!!
  • Options
    Got my 3of4 workouts in today.  Planned to take a rest day today, but figured since i had the energy I should save it for tomorrow or Friday! Push-ups done! Only a few more days to go!

sugar free has been great, and a piece of cake this week... until my mom just showed up. She knows I've been having a rough couple weeks, so she wanted to give me a small break and play with DD, AND brought some raspberry squares for us all to have with tea, I couldn't say no to her kindness... so rasp squares for me!
  • Options
    Aww @kjd291  that is so sweet of your mom! Definitely can't say no to raspberry squares! 

@triwellnessgirl   Good luck with the glucose test! Hope you get the results soon. 

I went to CrossFit last night, and had such a good workout!  We had a 21 minute workout where every minute on the minute we switched movements. Evens we did 5 clean and jerk, odds we did five pull-ups.  I did 75 pounds for the c&J,  and I was so happy that I could maintain that weight for so many of them and not feel like it was taxing me too much. It made me feel like I will be able to get back to where I was after baby comes without much trouble.  It made me feel like all of this work forcing myself to work out even when I don't want to it's really going to pay off in the end!  I did have two rest days in a row before yesterday though, so I'm not expecting to have the same energy level tonight, Ha! 
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Ok got my Glucose results back.... 68 mg/dL! :)
    In other news... my bloodwork is showing anemia :( 
    Gotta hit those green leafy salads.....
  • Options
    kjd291kjd291 member
    edited December 2016
    @triwellnessgirl I'm so glad you passed the Glucose! And fx getting some extra supplements will give you an added energy boost now that you know you've been anemic!

So so tired today. Getting hit with negative 30s weather tonight into tomorrow so prepping to hunker down. About to get my 35 push-ups in!  How's everyone else's Thursday? 

Edit to add: small victory for the day was sending DH to work with the rest of the rasp. Bars! 
  • Options
    Thanks @kjd291 , yeah my Midwife has asked me to pick up some slow releasing iron and to take daily with OJ. The anemia might explain the bald spot on the top of my head (and now the one I have on my eyebrow line too, LOL)......
  • Options
    -30?? Woah! It's supposed to be -15 windchill near us...although I just walked the dog and so far it's still in the 20's. Going to do my push-ups shortly, but otherwise it's a rest day for me. Got another crossfit workout in last night. And DH is out of town for the night so I'm going to take an Epsom bath, do an organic facial mask, watch something sappy on TV, and go to bed ridiculously early. ;)
  • Options
    @jenny0228 stay warm! And enjoy your night of pampering!!
  • Options
    Wow negative temperatures -30*!?!?!  I'm having a hard time adjusting to the 15* here! 

@jenny0228 that sounds like an amazing evening! 
  • Options
    Got workout 4 of 4 in for the week! And checked off the push-ups for today! How's everyone else doing with their goals as we wrap up this week and head into the weekend? 
  • Options
    Only got 2 in so far. Im planning spinning in the am then see if I can get a treadmill run in down in the basement sometime on Sunday since we have a packed day. I'm rly don't know how I'm gonna get any real work outs in next week traveling solo with my 15 mo. I can easily do my own weight stuff in the hotel room and maybe a video on mute while he sleeps.

Did yall know you could do 21 day fix while pregnant? Ive heard a lot about it and now My husband wanted to try it and looked into it. I've never done anything like that before but was thinking that the outlined portions could help my SAHM grazing. Even though it's usually healthy (soo many grapes the past couple days lol) it's probably more than I need. I'll obv talk to my midwife but I wanted to get yalls thoughts. 

Considering I do all of the cooking and pack hubs lunches having both of us do it together would be more convenient and it seems more logical now than after she's here and I've got my supply to consider. 
  • Options
    Hi @vino831 ! I'll google 21 day fix and check it out and will let you know! Not sure what it entails.... way to go on your workouts so far this week! Some weeks are tougher than others, so I'm all for celebrating whatever we can get in at this point!! Great job!!

Nice job @kjd291 on your workouts and pushups!! Stay warm!!

This morning I did my 4th workout of the week, which was my 3rd CrossFit of the week. Very happy about that!! Hooray!! I think I'm going to head into the gym tomorrow for 60min of Cardio. I'm feeling pretty good this week, yippee!

• Options
    Thanks @triwellnessgir! I still need to research it a bit more too. From what I see it's nothing more than portion control with 30 minute workout videos. (That being said if that's the case I don't see what's so great about it) If that's the case then I'll hop on the supportive wife train lol
  • Options
    I'm personally not a beach body fan. My view of friends that do it is that I don't see the point of paying an arm and a leg for a program that you can create for yourself--there are very similar free workout videos on YouTube and elsewhere and meal plans/ portion control rules you can create for yourself.  Plus if you want to do the program they push the daily shakes on you.

What is it that your husband is attracted to about the program? Does he have a friend that is a coach trying to sell it to him? 
  • Options
    @kjd291 you never know with him lol. And yeah now I see theirs shakes involved. Newp. Not gonna happen. I'm happy with my own simple homemade protien shakes tyvm.

I started making my own version of the program for us to do together - just a calendar plan.  Complete with gym schedules and I can calculate calories for him - too easy batman! Haha

He does have some weight to loose. And with all of our travels he has been feeling a bit sluggish. He typically functions in extremes. Nothing at all or balls to the wall. Which is hard to accomplish with a toddler, full time job, all of our travels and a pregnant wife lol. 

At the end of the day I think he just needs direction in getting back into the swing of things. Once I got home from my glucose test this am I spent a couple hours cleaning the basement. Rearranging the equipment we have from when my family was living down there. So there's no excuse due to our small town gym being closed early!
  • Options
    Nice job on the workouts @kjd291 @triwellnessgirl @vino831 !! 

I'm slow getting my workouts in this week, about to get 3 of 4 in now. I skippped crossfit this morning because the workout was all back squats and just an intense 6 min cardio following 45 mins of mostly lifting. Since I can't lift that heavy, I don't really get a good workout on strength days unless the metcon (cardio/strength/endurance blend) is super spicy. So, I'll do my own little cardio/strength workout INSIDE (where it is not 10 degrees.  :# Thinking of incorporating my pushups into my circuit. 

It's supposed to snow/rain all day tomorrow and Sunday, and I'm super bummed because I really wanted to get a road run in for my 4th workout, but I think I'll probably end up just going to crossfit tomorrow morning. This will be the 2nd week in a row I haven't run at all. :'( Might have to suck it up and get on the dreadmill next week. 

I realized something kinda funny this week. Before pregnancy when I was hungry I would just get super hangry. Now, when I'm hungry I just cry. Haha! I came home from work earlier this week and just started crying and couldn't figure out why. Then I had a snack and was fine. Same thing happened just now, I was feeling super weepy then realized I hadn't eaten in a while. Had some yogurt and now I feel great! 
  • Options
    kjd291kjd291 member
    edited December 2016
    @jenny0228 haha. Gotta love the hangry tears. That word makes me think of the snickers commercials... hah.  I've always been such a hangry person pre-preggo that even my brothers growing up would grab food and tell me to "please eat" because I was getting cranky. 

@vino831  sounds like your DH has a rockstar wife willing to help him out with someone goals!  (( just tell him he owes you a couple hundred for your special individually tailored workout/meal plan)) ;) 

@triwellnessgirl nice work on the 4th workout!! Glad you're feeling so good this week!! 
  • Options
    Great job keeping up the workouts & push-ups ladies!! 

@jenny0228 I get hangry & more confused/not able to put thoughts into words too well when I haven't eaten in a while.
    @triwellnessgirl glad your glucose test went well, I'm so sorry about the anemia but it sounds like you'll be able to add some things into your diet to help!
    @kjd291 I'm like you feeling like most things on the market aren't worth the money, I have a friend who always buys into whatever the latest fitness trend is even though I feel like she's throwing money away since she doesn't actually follow through on any of the plans...after like 4 days she always gives up & then complains how they don't work. My mom was always like that too, I swear she has an entire library of diet/fitness BOOKS that she's read & talks about, but does she actually DO the stuff the books tell you to?? haha no. 

The Barre3 online subscription I've had the last year ended on Monday & when I went to do my first workout of the week on Tues I almost cried because I couldn't access the workout I wanted to do. I'm not renewing it because I'm too cheap (only reason I got it was because there was a too good to pass up deal last Black Friday) and know I can use youtube & other things & create my own routines, but I'll still miss doing my favorites on there. I did my 3rd workout & push-ups (they're so hard now!) this morning, might fit a 4th in Sun morning we'll see how I feel when I wake up that day lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @serenity13 I'm sorry you're subscription is up!! It's definitely hard to let go of favorites when you have found them. That's definitely a con with YouTube. The selection is endless and can be overwhelming, but I'm sure with a little digging you can find some new favorites. It took me a while--but now I have a good idea of what I like.  

Some of my favorites (not that you'll love what I do, but incase it helps: --- Popsugar fitness .(today I found their "low impact cardio and toning workout") I think their channel has lots of fun different options that are usually well done-this specific one I found today is great cardio without having to modify for pregnancy! I also enjoy that the women that do them look "real"!  FitnessBlender is also a great free channel. Love their go-to HIT and their general view of fitness. I enjoy following them on social media.  Post baby I plan to do more of the the free BodyRockTv programs, they have some really intense workouts that I want to try again once I have my body back-I did their free 30day bootcamp videos right before finding out I was pregnant and loved the challenge and the results.
    BeFit is another go to classic that has lots from Yoga to Kickboxing from random ppl, or ppl from Jillian Michaels to Denise Austin.
  • Options
    @jenny0228 I've noticed the same thing, but for me it's anger when I'm hungry. So I've been trying to stay on top of snacks to avoid pregnancy rage. 

@serenity13 I think we have the same mother... haha. My mom is the EXACT same way. 

@kjd291 will have to check out that YouTube channel! Always looking for new routines. 

Didn't make it to the gym this week unfortunately. However, on Wednesday I walked about 5 miles the whole day. A good chunk of that was carrying groceries and Christmas presents from running errands. Thursday did yoga, and today walked a total of 6.5 miles (part of which was carrying luggage through the airport and then on the metro to our Airbnb here). So, I'm going to count it as something. Cannot wait to get back into the gym though. I'm really missing it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    thanks so much for those suggestions @kjd291!! I've done a few of the popsugar fitness ones, they seem pretty good! I'll have to try the one you mentioned & look into some of the others you like too!!

@npaulie that sounds like 3 solid workouts to me, awesome job! Hope you enjoy your trip!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kjd291kjd291 member
    edited December 2016
    @npaulie oh yeah, those absolutely count as workout days! Hope you have an incredible weekend!!
  • Options
    So - I decided for my weekend sugar splurge I would crack open the large bag of mixed flavored chocolate kisses, I bought for stockings, as I watched a movie... had a couple different flavors and decided they didn't even taste that good. Put bag away. #win!  Thinking maybe homemade choco chip cookies and milk tonight with the hubby instead... :)

today: rest day for me, and 37 push ups! 3 days to go in the challenge!  Monday we'll start the wall sit challenge!! (and just overlap two days as we end our push-ups)