January 2017 Moms

Sunday Ticker Change (12/11)

How far along are you? What's new with your little babe?

What are you doing to prepare for the baby's arrival this week?

Questions / Symptoms / Rants / Raves:

When's your next appointment?

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday movie?

Re: Sunday Ticker Change (12/11)

• How far along are you? What's new with your little babe? 37 weeks! I'm actually surprised to have made it this far.

What are you doing to prepare for the baby's arrival this week? Made padsicles last night. Going on maternity leave starting Wednesday (woo). Probably going to do some housecleaning this week. Other than that, just trying to take it easy. 

Questions / Symptoms / Rants / Raves: Lots of painful jabs when he moves his knees sometimes. I swear I pulled a muscle in my leg last night because of the way he was positioned as I got up from bed. Some people comment that they think he'll be a "small baby" and that really annoys me because I'm pretty sure you can't dictate how big a baby is by just looking at how the mother is carrying. I don't think he's going to be like 10 pounds, but if I had to guess, if he comes on time, he'll be a totally normal 7-8 pounds.

When's your next appointment? Friday. I had an appointment on Friday and found out I'm GBS-negative, woop woop, and was measuring 37 weeks so no IUGR risk. I'm finding OB appointments at this point to be extremely boring. My OB is very hands-off and non-invasive so my weekly (and bi-weekly prior) appointments for the past couple of months have been nothing but peeing in a cup, fundal height check, palpating, and fetal doppler. Very, very boring... I'm kind of hoping at my next appointment they do a dilation check and I'm dilated a little bit.

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday movie? We loved Krampus last year. My family has always watched A Christmas Story though.
  • How far along are you? What's new with your little babe? 33wks, she's as big as celery, lol. I can tell she's getting longer. 

What are you doing to prepare for the baby's arrival this week? not much

Questions / Symptoms / Rants / Raves:  feeling so winded and tired after everything.

When's your next appointment?  Dec 20

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday movie? Rudolph the red nose reindeer. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 33 weeks and definitely slowing down

H and I were at a baby first aid class today (which actually covered mostly non-infant scenarios) and it was pretty useless. I honestly knew everything and more from my tenth grade health class, and found myself questioning the instructor's certications when he said as long as someone had a pulse that meant they were breathing... 

Non-baby related rave: we put up our Christmas tree yesterday, which is H's very first Christmas tree. He's so proud of it, and the cat hasn't managed to destroy it yet :D

Next appt is December 21st

@momof2girls+? I'm also a huge Rudolph fan. I really like Year Without a Santa Claus for the music too. Basically all of the old clamation Christmas movies are awesome.
    *************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • 37 weeks! Baby has dropped down real low. It's uncomfortable in my pelvic area and weird that his kicks are now so low (as in no where near my ribs where they used to be). I'm okay with it, though, if that means he's going to gtfo soon!!

Made a few freezer meals, hospital bag is ready. Babysat my nephew (7 months) overnight last night and it helped H and I to feel like we're totally ready (even if I did have a minor freakout worrying if I'll like our baby as much as I love our dogs--I'll blame that one on the hormones). My nephew is super cute so it all feels so easy with him. We got this!

I go from feeling like super woman to an achey hot mess. Lots of cramping, mucus plug coming out bit by bit (hot!), I pee and then think I have to pee again but it's just the way the baby is chillin', and at night my pubic bone feels like it's going to split in half. As much as I'm slightly worried about a natural birth, if we can carry these babies for so long and go through all these crazy symptoms, we can do anything, right??

Wednesday morning. @canavara like you, every appt I have is super boring and only 15 min long. We did get an ultrasound last time to confirm baby's position, but no size estimate or anything fun. OB said they'll palpate soon to estimate size (which seems like Stone Age measuring tactics to me, but whatever). I did get a cervix check last week and it was very soft, but no dilation yet. 

Love Actually to get in the Christmas spirit. Fell asleep 15 min into it this year cause that's my life now. Then all the classics like Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, and Home Alone on actual Christmas. Can't wait!!