April 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 12/9

What's up ladies?!?! I'm bored today at work and the board has been slow. 

What's everyone got planned for this weekend?

Let's talk random!
Me: 29 DH: 33
Married: 5/30/2013
DSS #1: 5/25/2007
DSS #2: 1/22/2011
DS #3: 7/8/2012
BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
DS #4: 4/21/17

Re: Weekend Randoms 12/9

• Options
    schef070911schef070911 member
    edited December 2016
    DH has a conference in Chicago next week and I'm going with him... and I just realized last night that my wool coat (the only heavy coat I own currently) does not accommodate my bump when buttoned up. :(  So I'm shopping this weekend! Has anyone found any cute reasonably priced maternity coats out there, or did you just size up?
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @schef070911 I often wondered how you ladies who live in colder climates dress your bump... I'm in CA, so I normally can just wear an over-sized hoodie and I'm good. I do have a wannabe pea coat that is getting difficult to button nowadays, so I may just have to go with the hoodies for the rest of winter. Its been "COLD" here lately with a high of 50-55  :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @KirstinH88 This is the forecast... this southern girl is shivering in her boots just thinking about it!!

High of 9??? How is that a thing??
  • Options
    It's finally a snow day for us in Seattle! I've been looking forward to this day since becoming a SAHM. DS got to play in it for the first time and had a blast. My chickens on the other hand are looking at it like the sky is falling and are all huddled in their coop. ❄️
  • Options
    @KirstinH88 This is the forecast... this southern girl is shivering in her boots just thinking about it!!

High of 9??? How is that a thing??
    Oh HELL no. How?! What?! Huh?! And I complain about my CA winters....I'm way too spoiled...
  • Options
    Tonight I'm going to a friends house. Every year she hosts a girls night Christmas party. We do ornament exchanges, eat dinner, and have a good time. I TRIED to go solo this year and leave the kids with DH, but my dad gave DH tickets to an NBA game tonight, so I guess I get to take all 3 kids (plus the one on the inside) in tow. 
    Saturday, we do an annual Christmas Tree decorating at my dad's house. They have ornaments for all the grandkids and let them decorate the tree. Grandkids range in age from 11 to 3. Its a lot of fun and we drink hot cocoa and eat rice krispie treats.
  • Options
    We have a high of 1 degree one day next week. Winter and cold temps are officially here to stay in Minnesota. Gross. 

This weekend we are cleaning (our house is such a mess right now. Yikes), doing laundry, and grocery shopping so we can make holiday goodies this week! Other than that just being bums!

tomorrow morning I'm going to a craft/vendor fair to endings in my LulaRoe obsession even more. Looking forward to that ;)
  • Options
    I have a morning shift tomorrow and no plans in the afternoon/evening (except maybe some studying but that's nothing crazy) and then Sunday I booked the day off work (my first Sunday off in months!) and we have our church Christmas dinner / santa visit which DD will be so excited about! Should be a nice weekend 
  • Options
    I'm going to make DH drag out more Christmas decor (all we have is a tree with lights only right now) and possibly go shopping to find DS some pants. Poor kid has a quadrillion pair of shorts but almost no jeans and has outgrown most in height. Warm climate problems...
  • Options
    After letting our tree sit bare this past week, we finally decorated it tonight. This was the first year ever that I didn't do all the decorating myself, I handed DH the ornaments and that was it, it was so nice. Tomorrow we'll play in the snow if it doesn't all melt tonight. We got a couple inches today, first real snow in years. Other than that I have no clue what we'll do, probably clean and plan out outfits for my company party on Sunday. 

As far as jackets go, I'm just barely fitting into my current ones. I'm on a B/S/T group and found a size up of my favorite jacket for $10, so that's my solution for now. 
  • Options
    We are meeting with our builder this morning to discuss plans for our new house. So I am excited for that. I will probably pack some during the afternoon. Then the plan is to go see some holiday decorations at the museum and go to dinner, but we will see Joe much energy I have left!

I am going to try and hold off with my winter coat as long as possible (even if I do have to wear it unzipped) I am also struggling with maternity clothes because most of what I have is short sleeeves due to the time of year I was pregnant with DD. I have been layering with cardigans but just want to wear big bulky sweaters! I really don't want to buy anything though because this is most likely my last pregnancy.
  • Options
    DH and I are going to a friends kids 1st birthday and the city Christmas party (DH is a volunteer fireman) and tomorrow we plan on starting our winter Sunday ritual. This will be the last year of it but normally on sundays in the winter we do absolutely nothing all day. Sometimes we stay in bed all day but we almost never put on real clothes or leave the house. 
  • Options
    @Taylor72 That's my kind of ritual!!!!
  • Options
    On Friday, we went to DH's holiday party at his boss' house.  It was SO NICE to get out of the house and have a good time for a change :)  Yesterday DH and I made a trip to Ikea to get our little girl her dresser and a storage cube.  Her nursery is really starting to come together, which is awesome!  Today DH and I finally bagged the remainder of the leaves in our yard.  I've been dreading today all week, but i'm SO glad it's behind us now.  It ended up being 30 bags (not including the 15 bags from last time, so it's safe to say I am drained.  Baby girl clearly isn't since shes been rolling and kicking around for the past hour and a half while ive been trying to nap haha <3
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    elgie said:
    DH has a conference in Chicago next week and I'm going with him... and I just realized last night that my wool coat (the only heavy coat I own currently) does not accommodate my bump when buttoned up. :(  So I'm shopping this weekend! Has anyone found any cute reasonably priced maternity coats out there, or did you just size up?
    I'm a teacher (in Kansas) so I had to break down and buy a maternity coat and ended up finding a great one (on sale!!) at Old Navy! It's a little big on me now, but cinches at the waist so I am hoping to wear it after as well! 
    I also went to Old Navy and found one for $30 that should do the trick!! It is a little big but that's okay.  Great minds think alike!