Options

Friday Ticker Change 12/09

For EDD 5/5, 5/12, 5/19, and 5/26

How far along are you? 

How big is baby?

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY: Do you prefer gender/sex neutral things for babies or gender/sex specific? 

Re: Friday Ticker Change 12/09

• Options
    How far along are you? 17 weeks

How big is baby? Pomegranate 

Appointments this week? None, but I'm counting down until the anatomy scan. 

Symptoms? Nausea has decreased significantly. I keep thinking I feel flutters, but then I second guess it. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Yesterday was my grandpa's birthday. He died last year in November, and I wish he and my grandma were here with me and could meet my baby. Yesterday was a hard day for me. 

GTKY: Do you prefer gender/sex neutral things for babies or gender/sex specific? 
    I want neutral big things, like swings, that can be used in the future. But, if I were given a pink swing, I'd still use it with a boy down the road. I also plan to paint the nursery sky blue, boy or girl. For clothes, I like gender specific mostly, but again, it's not a huge deal all the time. My mom thought I was a boy, and there are many pictures of me in boy clothes. I was still happy and healthy. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    19 Weeks! Time is just FLYING by! 

How big is baby?
    A gameboy 

Appointments this week? 
    Non this week but we have our AS on 12/12! Excited to see LO!

Symptoms?
    Lots of movements going on in there. 
    RLP when I sneeze, Easily tired/exhausted

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    None. Just excited and nervous for the AS

Gender neutral for things like high chairs, swings, bouncers, pack n play, etc. We are team green but also want to use the same things for baby #2. When it comes to toys I really couldn't care less if they are gender specific. If my boy wants dolls, then dolls he shall have. I'm with @MollyandD though, ultimately if I had a pink swing and had a boy, he'd defineitly be in the swing. It's just a colour after all. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16 weeks!

How big is baby? Dill pickle

Appointments this week? Had one on Monday and all is well :) No more appointments til 2017!

Symptoms? Feeling pretty darn good these days. Hungry always, but apparently not gaining weight. My sex drive is returning, which is nice (poor DH has been so patient...haha)

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm turning 30 in 10 days and people keep asking what I'm doing to celebrate. I really just want to eat cake and watch trashy movies. I feel lame. I told DH we'll postpone until baby is here and a few months old, then have family babysit....and celebrate with all of the margaritas. 

GTKY: Do you prefer gender/sex neutral things for babies or gender/sex specific? I prefer gender neutral (I struggled with the use of the gender or sex here...but I'm going with gender because we're not talking biology, we're talking social norms), although my definition of that is much more flexible than many people's. That's not to say I don't dress my son in adorable bow ties now and then :) As far as toys, decor, etc, definitely gender neutral. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    @kayemjay2 I'm with you over the correct usage of gender vs sex, but as I said in a previous thread, I'm using gender to describe a lot of baby-related things. I don't want weird looks if I talk about a sex reveal or sex-specific toys for a baby. It just sounds dirty. In the end, my baby will grow up and tell me if his or her gender matches the sex he or she was born with. My vocabulary right now won't affect my feelings on that. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    18 weeks! 

How big is baby?
    The size of a slingshot 

Appointments this week?
    None until 2017! 

Symptoms?
    I'm still just exhausted. I went to bed with my 2 year old last night. Baby is moving a ton. I was surprised by a strong kick the other day. Normally it just feels like he is rolling around. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    I'm just frustrated that my daughter wants me to pick her up/hold her all the time. She won't let anyone else hold her/pick her up and she is 30lbs and tall. My doctor said I really shouldn't be picking her up. She is two and doesn't understand that though. My body hurt hurts all the time. 

We have neutral items. I made sure I got all neutral stuff when we had DD. However I do have very girly clothes, and they are really nice clothes too! I pretty much need to buy all the clothes for this baby boy. Which is fine, because I don't need anything else. Of course I have tons of onesies that he can wear. I won't be putting my newborn in purple dresses though. Haha. 
  • Options
    @MollyandD - I totally get that, and I really wasn't directing that at you (or anyone). I was just clarifying why I used gender in that instance, as I know it can be a sticky subject- just wanted to make clear that I recognize and respect the difference :)
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    nda_roxybabenda_roxybabe member
    edited December 2016

How far along are you? 19 weeks! 

How big is baby? I giggled when I saw my ticker, a hot dog?! Also Grapefruit, Crepe Suzette, and a mango

Appointments this week?  Next week is the AS!

Symptoms? Tightness/ crampy feelings in the night. Not sure what that is?

Rant/Rave/Questions? Yea, whats the tightness in the night? Stomach growing/ stretching? Rave: Love my stomach getting bigger and that I feel so good!

GTKY: Do you prefer gender/sex neutral things for babies or gender/sex specific?  We're team green so right now everything is neutral, but if it's a girl I'll be adding a bow/ headband to all her outfits, buying lots of dresses, and stocking up on all things floral. I'm a very girly girl and I wear dressed 95% of the time and If baby girl doesn't like dresses or me styling her hair, I'll be a bit sad! If it's a boy there will be suspenders, bow ties, elbow patches, and plaid shirts. So yes, I like gender specific items. All that being said, Baby girl will have cars to play with and Baby boy will have a doll of sorts. Whatever they want to play with :)

ETA:
    Definitely going gender neutral on baby gear. I liked the "blackberry" colored car seat, but found it a bit too purple and honestly didn't like that for a boy. Black is better anyway, I like neutrals for things that are used long term.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options

ETA:
    Definitely going gender neutral on baby gear. I liked the "blackberry" colored car seat, but found it a bit too purple and honestly didn't like that for a boy. Black is better anyway, I like neutrals for things that are used long term.
    That's funny that you think purple is too girlie. My husband loves purple, and there are certain shades I used to not wear, because they looked masculine to me. 
  • Options
    @MollyandD Haha, I've known a few guys who like purple too. IDK, I just feel weird about putting baby boy into this shade. I still really think baby is a girl though. Black is going to match the stroller and diaper bag and allow me to do fun colored blankets! (I'm weird about seasonal colors).

1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    How far along are you? 19 weeks

How big is baby? Gameboy, Mango, 4 toed Hedgehog

Appointments this week? None til the first of the year

Symptoms? Feeling pretty good. I get a little crampy, but MD said it was normal plus I probably should be drinking more water.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Water intake is a struggle. Been leaving a weird taste in my mouth so I'm being really bad about staying hydrated. Trying to come up with other ideas. Today I am trying Gatorade.

GTKY: Do you prefer gender/sex neutral things for babies or gender/sex specific? Like most, I prefer gender neutral baby gear. For the clothes I definitely go gender specific. If DS or this new baby boy want to wear things more geared towards girls though when they start making decision then I'm fine with that. Also toys/activities I go either way. 

BFP #1 10/8/13, EDD 6/4/14, DS #1 6/9/14

BFP #2  5/1/16, EDD 12/16/16, MMC 5/27/16

BFP #3  8/29/16, EDD 5/5/17, DS #2 5/11/17

BFP #4  2/28/21, EDD 11/9/21

• Options
    @nda_roxybabe Tightness/cramps could be because of not enough fluid intake but I imagine if that was the case you'd also experience it throughout the day, could also be stretching, or could also be from over doing it during the day maybe? Is it too early for Braxton hicks? 
    TTC #1 since 06/2014

• Options
    roper2617 said:
    @nda_roxybabe Tightness/cramps could be because of not enough fluid intake but I imagine if that was the case you'd also experience it throughout the day, could also be stretching, or could also be from over doing it during the day maybe? Is it too early for Braxton hicks? 
    I've been pretty good about my water in take and I don't experience it during the day. I doubt I'm over doing it either, haha. I've heard several people say Braxton Hicks could start now. I obviously don't know what those feel like though. I think you mentioned RLP when you sneeze. Maybe that? As it is similar to the feeling I get when I sneeze or stretch too suddently.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options

How big is baby? pomegranate 

Appointments this week? None until my AS on 12/23

Symptoms? Less gagging now, RLP, still hate ground meat

Rant/Rave/Questions? I want to sleep without sore hips!

GTKY: Do you prefer gender/sex neutral things for babies or gender/sex specific? With DD we were team green and got a lot of great gender neutral larger items. I'm very thankful that. As far as clothes go, she kind of picks what she wants to wear now, mostly girly. For this one, I'll dress him/her in gender specific clothes, but have no problem with him/her choosing differently when older. Toys I try to buy/ask for gender neutral, but as of now DD prefers many, but not all girly toys. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    @nda_roxybabe Good ol RLP! Very well could be just that. Either way I hope it eases up for you. 
    TTC #1 since 06/2014

• Options
    Due: may 12
    18 weeks! 

Baby is a :Atrichok

Appt: glad to be free this week after my week of Perinatology and an animo draw to test for downs.  Results are good now but amino will come this week! 

Gtky: with my first we didn't know what it was so we had all gender-neutral things. Like others have said I could care less what you use my son put on dresses with my nieces all the time. But it's all so precious that sometimes get them dressed in their little ties and little brown shoes. But for the big stuff definitely gender-neutral also I just thought about what would look best on my house and I didn't think anything hot pink or blue would haha maybe that's selfish. The baby didn't care! 

Only one Love 
    Born in June, three weeks early 

• Options
    @newmamaro I also get crampy every now and then. My book the doctor gave me said if it's random, it's probably just the uterus expanding. I also started to hate the taste of tap water, so I've turned into one of those people who go and buy there water in jugs, and it's much better. Luckily refills are only 30c!
  • Options

How big is baby? Pomegranate 

Appointments this week? Checkup on next Thur 

Symptoms?  Improving overall. Finally feeling like myself again.  

Rant/Rave/Questions?  Starting to feel baby kicks and it makes my heart flutter. 

My a/s is scheduled at 22 weeks.  This was the receptionist and not the doctor or nurse.  Should it be sooner?  What's the range?

GTKY: Do you prefer gender/sex neutral things for babies or gender/sex specific?  When it comes to big items, I go neutral.  Nursery and clothes will be specific.  
  • Options
    @clebl24, we were told it should be 18-21, but I know different doctors have different policies. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    How far along are you? 16w

How big is baby? Avocado

Appointments this week? No

Symptoms? None

Rants/Raves/Questions: None

GTKY: What are your three strongest personality traits? And a weakest? Would your friends and family say the same about you?
    Loyal, honest, and a planner.
    As much as I try to plan, I can be disorganized which turns me into a procrastinator. 
    Most likely. 

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.