November 2016 Moms
Options

After the epidural..

I had an epidural and am having crazy back spasms. Anyone else experience this? What do you do for it? 

Re: After the epidural..

• Options
    Yes!!!! Is it from the epidural?! I assumed it was just because my core is weak and I'm sitting / sleeping in weird positions 
  • Options
    I didn't have spasms but I had wicked itchy dry skin from where it was taped to my back.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No spasms here, maybe it's the way you are sitting?
  • Options
    I had the back itchiness a few days after being discharged but no spasms 
  • Options
    I had spasms too! No idea if it's from epidural,  or just my body getting used to a different center of gravity,  but it's not fun.   
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    I had pain where the epidural was placed for about 2 weeks when I'd overdo it. I didn't have spasms though.
  • Options
    No spasms here either. I did have some back aches for about a week.

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Options
    With my second daughter I did get an electrical shooting pain from epidural site down to my crotch for about 6 months afterwards. The anesthesiologist had simply hit something during placement. You can always talk to your dr but I'm betting it's a nerve thing. 
  • Options
    I got the spasms after mine. But I got it done twice cause they missed the first time and ended up with a c section and got a spinal where they poked me multiple times because they couldn't find where to put it. They stopped about 10 days after she was born. 
  • Options
    I don't have spasms, but pain. Anyone else have lower back down pain where the epidural was?  It's been 7 weeks and hasn't gotten any better. I would say it's gotten worse.  I have started to be more active too, so that may be why I feel it more.