July 2017 Moms
Options

Bicornuate Uterus?

I just had my 8 week ultrasound followed by appointments with my nurse and doctor.  I thought everything was fine but there is still a small amount of uncertainty.  Most likely I have a bicornuate uterus but since this is my second pregnancy and my first ended up in an emergency csection, it is a bit odd that it wasn't noticed during the surgery.  However, it was a rushed procedure and I don't think anyone cared too much about the exact shape of my uterus at that time.  The other possibility is an ectopic pregnancy.  I waited on pins and needles as my doctor spoke with the ultrasound tech and after reviewing the ultrasound together, they are both fairly certain that it is bicornuate uterus and not ectopic.  But since this is potentially life threatening, they want to be 100% certain so my doctor will be consulting with the high risk doctors at the specialty center this afternoon.  She will either call me to give me the all clear or send me down there for another ultrasound to confirm.  Apparently there is a 50/50 chance of baby being breach so another csection may be necessary.  And I will have to have an ultrasound of my kidneys after this pregnancy to make sure they are okay (sometimes kidney issues can go along with the misshapen uterus).   Any other ladies been diagnosed with a bicornuate uterus?  Did you end up delivering csection or vaginal? I'm trying my best to stay positive!

Re: Bicornuate Uterus?

• Options
    I do not have experience with this but just want to say that I hope everything turns out ok!! Keep us posted. If it is not ectopic and is just the shape of your uterus, it sounds like it would be fine for pregnancy, just maybe a *tad* complicated with delivery. Hang in there!

Pregnancy Ticker