January 2017 Moms
Options

Thursday Ticker Change - 12/8

I haven't seen a Thursday Ticker Change in a while!  

How many weeks are you? What's new with your little babe?

What are you doing this week to prepare for baby's arrival?

Questions / Concerns / Symptoms / Questions:

When's your next appointment?

(stolen from Saturday's) GTKY: What is your favorite holiday cookie recipe?

Re: Thursday Ticker Change - 12/8

• Options
    36 weeks!  I read today that baby is eating her lanugo and vernix caseosa, which actually really grosses me out.  One of a million things to come once baby arrives that will gross me out, I'm sure.

Nesting like a fiend.  I've been making freezer meals like a crazy person.  Planning to sanitize all of our bottles and pacifiers this weekend, as well as set up our changing stations (one in our bedroom, one in the living room).  Also hope to find some nursing bras and tanks this weekend.  

Buying nursing bras totally stresses me out.  I've had the hardest time finding bras that I like throughout pregnancy, and I just don't know what to expect for when my milk comes in.  I keep putting it off because I am totally dreading it.  Does anyone have any great suggestions for nursing bras that are super comfy and stretchy and won't give me 87 back fat rolls?  That's where I'm at right now.

Tomorrow afternoon.  Group B Strep test, so hopefully that's negative.

Oh man, all the cookies.  I've had a wicked sweet tooth lately.  My favorites are the fluffy sugar cookies (copy cat Lofthouse cookies) and gingerbread cookies!  But I basically love everything that has any type of sugar in it.
  • Options

34 weeks, baby is the size of a quokka, the world's cutest animal!

finally FINALLY had nesting urges! Packed the hospital bag, set up a second changing station for our bedroom, put clothes and swaddles in the laundry basket. This is getting exciting!

No big concerns this week, just starting to feel heavy and getting some painful contractions once a day or so. Trying to use them as an opportunity to practice the pain coping techniques we learned in childbirth class.

Next week is my last monthly Centering Pregnancy appointment, then we start every two weeks. We're doing a hospital tour at the next appointment, so looking forward to that. 

A good friend from college taught me how to make Spitzbuben, which are little jam sandwich cookies. They are delicious and the name cracks me up, I make them every year.

happy Thursday, ladies!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    33 weeks! Feeling stronger kicks from the little peanut 
    Bought some of the last few things we needed for her. planning to pack most of Hospital bag this weekend. 
    Belly feels so much tighter this week. plus bathroom trips have increased! (With half being mostly false alarms which is so frustrating !)
    Had an OB appt today. next is Dec 23rd. Will do Hospital visit that day also!
    I just love a regular sugar cookie with yummy frosting! Thumbprint comes in close 2nd.

• Options
    @juliebird6 I really like the jessica simpson nursing tanks. i grabbed two on sale at macy's, thinking of getting more.

i had no idea what a quokka was...

33 weeks!

Nothing, really. Bought a bunch of stuff online but can't put it together until off bedrest. SO could do it but I told him he didn't have to...

I'm also getting intermittent painful contractions. And a lot of GI upset. Like, I have cramping and need to go poo after I eat 1-2 times per day, but am super constipated. Ugh, gross. 

Next Thursday US and next Friday appointment. I so so so hope I get to make both of those, huge milestone!!

Hmmm, I'm not a big cookie person. I love them all and would be happy to eat them all, but don't crave any in particular.
  • Options
    35 weeks or 35 days. Baby is just putting on lots of fat and loving my ribs a little too much. 

We attended infant/child CPR this week. Going through shower presents and returning clothes that we won't need. Checking out bassinets, it's the last big thing on the list. 

Just having a lot of cramping while at work, which my OB isn't super concerned about. Chugging water seems to help but I can't take care of patients and drink water all day long sometimes. 

36 weeks- ultrasound and GBS test. Here's to fingers crossed this baby is head down. 

I'm not a huge cookie person. I LOVE cobblers and pies. Cookies, not so much.