Pregnant after a Loss

Bachelorette Party - Help!

So I have a Bachelorette party this weekend and I don't know what to do. The bride is my husbands sister and we have not told his family yet. His decision, which I agree with. They do however know that we had a MC in June (they didn't know I was pregnant, but we told them after the MC) so if I go and don't drink I'm sure they will suspect. Honestly I don't care if they do as long as they don't say anything in front of the larger group, many of whom are friends or wives of friends of my husband. We are private people and are not ready to share just yet. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal, I'm not a big drinker anyway, but not drinking at a bachelorette party is a red flag for sure! I'm thinking of the antibiotic excuse, but I've used that one with the party host already a couple of weeks ago. Any suggestions?? 

Re: Bachelorette Party - Help!

• I've gotten away with it so far by asking for club soda with a lime in a short glass or getting an odouls in a glass. If you are going to be able to order your own drinks you will be okay! 
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Faking it seems to work for others I've talked to. Never been in that situation. I'm basically a teetotaler so nobody asks. Haha! But maybe even saying you're trying to get pregnant again and don't want to risk it would be enough. Hopefully no one would be nosy enough to say anything. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Before getting pregnant and having kids I was a big drinker. Anytime I was pregnant I always just faked drinking and no one not even close friends or relatives thought twice. If there is a bartender you could even let them know "hey if I ask for a rum and coke just give me a coke and don't tell anyone" give them a nice tip up front and he/she will have your back. Also ya gotta remember everyone else is going to be drinking, once the other people get buzzed/drunk they won't notice what you are/aren't drinking. 
  • @cpr79 how did it go?
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • I ended up not going. We had a huge snow storm here that was set to start that night and I had been so nauseous and tired I just didn't think I could handle it without leaving early, which would've raised red flags. We did up telling the bride though (my husband's sister) so she didn't think I was snubbing her on purpose or anything. She was totally understanding and touched that we told her before anyone else in his family, I think she's more excited than either of us! I'm sure others suspect something when she shared that I was sick and couldn't come, but at least I didn't have to answer a million questions. I'm iust not ready for all that since it's still so early. 
  • Well that all seemed to work out, I'm happy to hear that!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17