December 2016 Moms
Options

Moms with Toddlers - 12.6.16

How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy/new baby(ies) this past week? 

What was the best part of your week with your toddler?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

Anything you want to add/share?:

Bonus question: What are you currently most looking forward to doing/having/indulging in PP?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Moms with Toddlers - 12.6.16

• Options
    How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy/new baby(ies) this past week?  Doing alright, we just got a bunch of snow which my DS loves to eat so we've been getting all snow geared up and heading outside which is great because he's so into eating snow I can just sit down and supervise. 

What was the best part of your week with your toddler? He fell asleep on me for the first time in SO LONG on Saturday at my in-law's house. I loved the snuggles. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Just waiting for this little one to come out.

Anything you want to add/share?: I think I'm more anxious about my DS spending a night or two without me than I am about labor again. 

Bonus question: What are you currently most looking forward to doing/having/indulging in PP? 
    Eating whatever I want without worrying about heartburn! I've been throwing up from the stomach acid and I'm super ready for that to be done.

• Options
    How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy/new baby(ies) this past week?  I'm officially really uncomfortable, but my DH has been making it much easier to handle our 2yo DD.  Balancing act is only possible because of all the love and support of DH-- he feeds, bathes, does drop off and pick up for DD everyday. 

What was the best part of your week with your toddler? She has been super well behaved and lovey.  All she wants to do is sit on the couch, read books and "get cozy" as she calls it.  It's the perfect preggo activity!

Rants/Raves/Questions: After my 37 week scan where I saw that our baby was right in the 50th percentile for size, I've let my gestational diabetes diet relax a bit.  I just needed to eat!

Anything you want to add/share?: I'm a little nervous about childbirth and my hemorrhoids.  I have really badly irritated ones that I've been trying to control. 

Just closing the chapter on having kids and being able to focus on my health and wellness.

IVF #1 Oct 2013- cancelled 
    IVF #2 Mar 2014- success.... baby girl born 11/28/14
    FET #1 Mar 2016- baby boy due 12/16/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy/new baby(ies) this past week? 

Ok. We are just juggling more appointments and stuff now. Physically I can't really do much now, but thankfully DD1 is really good about independent play and we've also just discovered blues clues. 

So, I had introduced her to Blues Clues and she loved it. So I cut up a paper towel roll and we made binoculars (just because she loves binoculars) and we colored paw prints on sticky notes. We took turns hiding the clues and finding them and she LOVED it.  
    I have major mom-guilt about how un-fun this pregnancy has made me and what she's potentially missed out on, but seeing her so excited about something so small and simple made me feel so happy❤️

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

rant- her behavior has been less-than-desireable lately. The hitting drives me mad. 
    Rave- I've gotten a few unsolicited "I love you, momma"s so that's pretty much amazing. 

SANGRIA
  • Options
    Good though I'll admit. Two evenings a week I've been plugging him into the TV. It's this trains documentary that he gets totally absorbed in. He's watched it like 5 times now. Every time it ends he erupts in tears. But... I am so tired in the evenings...
    Otherwise things are going great. He's maturing - he's less of a tasmanian devil, he's listening so well, he has a longer attention span, and he's so freaking in love with me. We have this new game where he runs away and I yell "I LOVE YOU" and he sprints back and gives me a huge hug. I could play it alllll day.
    He's gotten cuddly. That's wonderful. Watching him be so brave at the pool was really fun too. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions:
    This isn't really any of the three but I cried hard this morning about having less attention for him once baby comes. It's a confusing feeling.

The 48 hours after birth that I get in the recovery room. I will take all 48 of those and I will press a button and get food and I will walk 5 steps and have a potty and I will watch TV. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy/new baby(ies) this past week? Better now that I'm home from work. It was rough trying to spend time with the girls after work everyday when I was so exhausted. Being home with them has been really great, and I'm so glad I did it, even if it leaves me short on leave time.

What was the best part of your week with your toddler? Just being here, honestly. Reading books, playing with toys, even watching TV (and oh, the snuggles!). I'm loving it.

Rants/Raves/Questions: On a really trivial note, I painted my toes last weekend (because I want sparkly toes in the OR, damn it) and one is already chipped. I have to decide now if I'm going to take it all off & start over or just deal. And considering I haven't even begun to plan or pack a bag for the hospital (my RCS is Thursday), I should probably just deal... 

Anything you want to add/share?: @slartybartfast @SmashJam  I totally had the same thoughts/feelings when we had our second, but it's been such an amazing thing to see the exact opposite of all my fears taking place. That said, I'm having the same thoughts about our third now so I'm thinking it's just standard mom-thinking :)

Having someone prepare/bring/take away food for me three times a day. I've been cooking like crazy and cleaning my kitchen constantly so it'll be nice to not have to do anything for a few days (also, bonus, as long as nothing has changed since I was there 2 years ago, the food @ my hospital is pretty darn good!).
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @SmashJam You're in Vermont too? Gotta be if you're into the Heady Topper. :) I miss the Alchemist like woah.

• Options
    @acreight13 I am in VT! Are you?
  • Options
    acreight13acreight13 member
    edited December 2016
    @SmashJam  Yup! I live in central Vermont and teach in Waterbury. 

• Options
    Crazy! I live in Thetford and work in Orange! What do you teach?
  • Options
    Mm... I'm a huge slug this week, and also trying to get my toddler use to being a little more self-sustaining or able to be helped by her biggest sister. Its going ok. I feel slightly sad, because I thought she'd be "my baby" and I am sort of grieving that notion. She still can be. And I'm also excited she gets to have a close in age sibling... I think they will have a special bond. But, generally, were doing ok.

Some one gave us a kit that has pompoms and clothes pins to work on fine motor, we had fun playing with it this morning and I've enjoyed cuddles... all the cuddles i can get. She's also talking like a mad woman and recently replaced her long lived "ga-ga" (dog) for "doggy" I teared up... but its awesome to see her growing.

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I literally tried to train my toddler to sit and watch a show on netflix... she isn't much into watching TV (which is ok since I'd rather her not be a zombie child) but at the same time it would be really nice to have her just sit and be occupied for a half hour. It didn't go so well!

She's been letting me sleep until 8:30... best toddler ever! She deserves a reward/award. I think I'll take her to my MW appointment and then do something fun.

Seriously, I'm just stinkin' excited to have more functionality... like being able to bend over, or pick up my toddler, walk without pain, paint my toes or sleep on my stomach... I feel like a geriatric pregnant lady. It's horrible. I know that's totally silly, but I am so so looking forward to being functional again. 

Due December 27th with baby #7