March 2017 Moms
Options

Tuesday Ticker Change 12.6

For everyone due 3/7, 3/14, 3/21, or 3/28!

How far along are you? 
How big is baby? 
Upcoming appointments this week? 
Any new symptoms or changes?
Rants/Raves/Questions? 
GTKY: If you went to college ... where did you go?  If you didn't, what did you do instead?  If you are not into this question - what do you enjoy most in your life right now?

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 12.6

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited December 2016
    How far along are you?  27 weeks 
    How big is baby? Lettuce
    Upcoming appointments this week? I had my OB appointment yesterday- HR good, fundal height on track, baby moving all over the place so we couldn't hear the heart beat very well- she tried so hard to get her to cooperate so I could hear the HB better but she had to just give up and said haha shes definitely fine! Got my tdap vaccine and rhogam. Failed my 1 hour GTT barely so have to do the 3 hour on Thursday :( OB thinks since my blood sugar wasn't too high I should pass but still a pain in the butt! 
    Any new symptoms or changes? Burning skin still on/off on my belly- OB said just from skin stretching, nothing you can really do but keep moisturizing. Hands still swollen somewhat- curious how long I can go before I have to take my rings off completely. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions? Just hoping I pass my glucose test- being a dietitian/nutritionist just makes me feel like I will be a failure if I have GD even though that is silly to think. Can't believe I will be in the 3rd trimester next week! 
    GTKY: If you went to college ... where did you go?  If you didn't, what did you do instead?  If you are not into this question - what do you enjoy most in your life right now? I went to Michigan State University- our mascot is a Spartan thus my screen name. I hope my daughter will follow in my foot steps and go to my alma mater but in the end its where she wants to go (as long as she doesn't go to University of Michigan we will be okay ;))
  • Options
    Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited December 2016
    @klz0330 I think the antibody test is to see if you are Rh negative or not. They check it in 1st tri and around beginning of 3rd tri....I just got mine rechecked yesterday. They also did a RPR test that looks for antibodies that would be present if you had syphilis.
  • Options
    hippiemama-2hippiemama-2 member
    edited December 2016
    How far along are you? 28 weeks
    How big is baby? An eggplant
    Upcoming appointments this week? Nothing OB specific, just getting my Tdap done on Thursday.
    Any new symptoms or changes? Feeling like I have to pee while walking, so that's been great.
    Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: My DD started pre-school yesterday (she has a late birthday so we're jumping in halfway through the year) and she loves it.  Seeing how excited she was is a nice reminder for why I go to work to be able to provide things like that for her (its private school).  I'm struggling hard with certain aspects of my job right now so I needed that.
    GTKY: If you went to college ... where did you go?  If you didn't, what did you do instead?  If you are not into this question - what do you enjoy most in your life right now? I originally went away to the University of Illinois, but like many other 18 year olds - I spent considerably more time partying that I should have.  My parents lovingly refer to that year as my "$30,000 vacation".  I came home and jumped into the workforce, climbing the corporate ladder.  I've recently gotten to a point where I realized I either needed to finish or I was going to start hitting some hard plateaus, so I'm in the process of completing what I started so many years back.  I finally finish up in March and could not be more excited to be done!

edt: spelling 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 28 weeks! 3rd trimester! 
    How big is baby? coconut
    Upcoming appointments this week? Had one today. I found out I passed my glucose test (yay) and that my weight and size are good. Also got to hear the strong heart beat again.  
    Any new symptoms or changes? Starting to get pretty large. I was so excited to get that baby bump, but now i'm starting to realize that it's only going to keep growing and it already doesn't feel like I can get much larger lol
    Rants/Raves/Questions? It's getting harder to sleep. I'n getting bigger and Baby keeps moving through the night and gets hiccups at 4am. He finally calms down between 5am and 10:30am, which isn't ideal since I need to get up and go to work when he finally feels like sleeping. I guess it's just getting me ready for when he is actually here and I don't sleep. 
    GTKY: If you went to college ... where did you go?  If you didn't, what did you do instead?  If you are not into this question - what do you enjoy most in your life right now? I did my undergrad at California State University, Los Angeles and my law degree at California Western. Law school was a little difficult in beautiful San Diego. The top (fourth) floor of our law library was all glass and over looked the downtown and the bay. It was a little maddening to be surrounded by such beauty while suffering through grueling school that had me there even on the weekends and holidays. (Although I did love my law school, which you won't hear often from lawyers.)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 24 weeks
    How big is baby? a cantaloupe
    Upcoming appointments this week? none
    Any new symptoms or changes? I feel like I am starting to get the pregnant waddle. *sigh*
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    GTKY: If you went to college ... where did you go?  If you didn't, what did you do instead?  If you are not into this question - what do you enjoy most in your life right now? I got my bachelor's degree at Utah State University. I got my MBA from Western Governors University - just finished that in March of this year. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 26 weeks
    How big is baby? the size of a head of lettuce
    Upcoming appointments this week? none until Dec. 27
    Any new symptoms or changes? Baby took a liking to kicking my bladder today, so naturally, I had to go a lot! I'm getting frequent backaches when sitting or standing for too long, so a change in posture helps relieve discomfort. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions? I saw kicks through layers of clothing last night! I've seen them on my bare belly for a few weeks now, and it's cool that she's continuing to get stronger and bigger. :) 
    GTKY: If you went to college ... where did you go?  If you didn't, what did you do instead?  If you are not into this question - what do you enjoy most in your life right now? I went to Iowa State for undergrad and Drake University for graduate school. I'm a nerd, and I love learning. I'd like to get my doctorate one day if there is a field I'm interested in and the degree would be worth it. A second masters is also an option if it'd help move me up career-wise (or in a different career altogether). I enjoy teaching, but I alway say that if I'm still doing it in 20 years, it's because I want to, not because I have to.