March 2017 Moms
Options

March Multiples Mamas Check In Week of 12/5

1. How far along are you? 

2. How many multiples are you expecting? What sex are they?

3. Any recent appointment updates? 

4. How are you feeling, symptoms, etc? Any current cravings or aversions?

5. Best moment with the babies this week?

6. Have your holiday decorations changed this year due to being pregnant with multiples? 

7. What is your ideal birth plan?

8. Anything else you want to share this week, questions, concerns, etc?
About us:
Me - 28, Lean PCOS
DH - 31
Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

Re: March Multiples Mamas Check In Week of 12/5

• Options
    21+2 today

3, 2 girls and 1 boy

Nope, and I don't have one until next Wednesday.

I feel mostly okay. I've definitely been feeling more movement, which is awesome! I've been having some heartburn, but I went and bought Zantac 75 and have taken that twice and it's helped majorly!

On Saturday morning someone decided the best way to ask for breakfast was to kick me, which was so incredible. Also, I was feeling my tummy on Sunday evening, and felt a baby kick. I had DH put his hand on my tummy and he felt a few too!! So awesome!!!!

6.  Have your holiday decorations changed this year due to being pregnant with multiples? 
    They have changed, but not because I'm pregnant with multiples, though if we were staying in our house they still would have changed. We usually put up a huge Christmas tree, but it takes up a good portion of our dining room and we therefore have to move our table, which wouldn't look good for potential buyers, so we have a tiny 3 foot tree instead.

Oh boy would I love to deliver vaginally! But that seems unlikely. For now I'd just love for it go smoothly and have three strong babies who need very little NICU time come out!

How are you ladies getting your household chores done? I feel like I just can't spend more than a few minutes doing it, and I especially have trouble with the smell of cleaning products. I'm kinda thinking I just need to hire a bimonthly cleaning person to come and do it for me.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    @AandDM2014  Ah, chores... I am responsible for ALL of the chores in my household because my husband is disabled. If I have the energy, I've opted to cook dinner rather than spend the time cleaning up. We just can't afford to get takeout all the time. Regarding the cleaning...the truth is I'm doing the bare minimum in a lot of areas of my house. I keep the bathrooms, kitchen, and master bedroom pretty clean, but everything else usually gets messy throughout the week and I clean it the best that I can on Saturday or Sunday. I switched from bleach-y cleaners to natural cleaners about a year ago. I've always been sensitive to smells, so it was a necessary move for me. I do still keep bleach-y cleaners around but reserve them for extreme messes that necessitate a bleach clean OR for after one of us gets sick.

To be honest, I think I've hit the end of my rope with the cleaning/yard work. I raked up the end of the fall leaves on Saturday with the help of my sweet neighbors, and then had to shovel 7 inches of snow last night! I think I'm going to have to hire a neighbor kid to shovel for the rest of the winter!

24 weeks 5 days

Two! di/di boys

I had an appointment today. Everything is still looking good. Cervix and fluid levels are good. They are 1 lb 11 oz an 1 lb and 9 oz a difference of 6% (anything less than 20% is ideal). I gained another 5 lbs in 2 weeks  :# but that was over Thanksgiving. Trying to do better this next time. I have my glucose tolerance test at my next appointment. I was a bit shocked that they sent me home with it? Everyone else was commenting that they made them drink it in office and wait 1 hr. I'm supposed to drink it before my appointment and write down the time I drank it and they'll just take my blood 1 hr later. 

Super tired. There just isn't enough time during the weekend to get everything I need to do done AND try to relax a little bit, but I don't have the energy to get anything done during the week after work. 

They were super active this morning, and during the ultrasound. Baby B was kicking Baby A in the crotch... repeatedly during the ultrasound  :D I think I'm going to be in for some serious trouble. Baby B is definitely the evil twin, and get this... THEY SWITCHED PLACES. That is to say, that the baby known as Baby A now, was Baby B the first 1/2 of my pregnancy... He somehow got lower than his brother! The ultrasound tech looked at me like I was crazy when told her they switched, but my doctor agreed with me and said that it happens sometimes.

6. Have your holiday decorations changed this year due to being pregnant with multiples? 
    Not even bothering with outside decorations TBH. We might get a mini tree, but I haven't decided yet. I'm already so tired at the end of the day, I can't justify expending energy on Christmas decorations.

Aiming for a vaginal birth with an epidural. My doctors would allow me to do med free, but if things went south and I needed a C Section I would be put under general anesthesia and would miss seeing everything. I don't think its worth the risk, so I've decided that I'll go with the epidural. I've met 2 of the 5 partners at this office, and both would attempt a vaginal birth so long as Baby A is head down. Once Baby A is out they would turn Baby B, or attempt a breech delivery (whichever is safer under the circumstances). 

I'm hopeful we can make a vaginal delivery work, but have been MOSTLY at peace with the idea of a CSection since finding out this was a twin pregnancy at week 8. My biggest concern would be the amount of control I would have to relinquish if I have a CSection... As I mentioned I do EVERYTHING around the house and I'm scared about restrictions that would come with a CSection. Fortunately I will have TOO much help at my house (my mom: retired nurse, mother in law, dad, dad's girlfriend, and more family that would beg to come by) so it shouldn't be an issue. Still, I really hate asking for help.

1) I have my first Twiniversity class tomorrow night. I'm pretty excited. This class is about prepping for the babies. I get a swag bag, there are giveaways, and I'm excited to meet some other expectant moms. I don't have many mom friends IRL so I'm hoping I can make some connections. 
    2) I got my breast pump in the mail on Friday, shit is getting real.
    3) I get my stroller in the mail on Wednesday. I'm super excited to play with it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @direwolfmini please let us know how the Twiniversity class is!  We are planning on doing it here (as a one-time thing) in the next month or so.... haven't picked a date. But would love to hear your thoughts.
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? 26.4 weeks.

2. How many multiples are you expecting? What sex are they? di/di twin boys.

3. Any recent appointment updates? I had a scan last week, doing my 3-hour glucose test this week (I baaaarely failed the 1-hour, womp womp), and then have another scan next week

4. How are you feeling, symptoms, etc? Any current cravings or aversions?  Such bad reflux.  All. the. time.  Zantac helps but doesn't totally resolve it.  Also, I'm huge, out of breath all the time, and exhausted.  Work is overwhelming and I wish I had put a firmer plan in place to dial back at my office starting now. 

5. Best moment with the babies this week?  My husband got kicked HARD and was taken aback.  He has felt them a little bit here and there but I was happy that he was so surprised to feel what was clearly a tiny human in there!  

6. Have your holiday decorations changed this year due to being pregnant with multiples? We don't celebrate Christmas, and we don't host Thanksgiving, so we don't really have holiday decorations.  

7. What is your ideal birth plan? A vaginal delivery, and babies who I get to bond with right away vs. being rushed to the NICU.  Those are my two wishes. 

8. Anything else you want to share this week, questions, concerns, etc?  i've seen this discussed on the Randoms thread but specifically for moms of multiples: are you keeping them in your room at first?  What about sharing a crib or anything like that?  We got the Uppababy bassinets for the stroller and I think we're going to get the bassinet stands that they sell and try making it work in our room for the first few weeks.  But I go back and forth...getting two of all these things is adding up cost-wise.
  • Options
    @direwolfmini Oh lol about Baby B kicking Baby A! Too too funny!! And your babies are getting so big already! How wonderful! Definitely have a neighbor kid do your shoveling, that's too much for a twin pregnant lady!

@anonellis Oh no, not the three hour glucose test! That sucks! That is so exciting that your DH got a hard kick! 

About having babies in our room: I hadn't planned on it. Getting three of something would just be a huge cost, especially if it's only for a few months. I'm going to put together (or probably have someone else do it) a crib in one of the rooms and see if it can fit through the door without being taken apart, and if it can set up all three cribs in one room for a few months, until they mostly sleep through the night, then move them into their permanent rooms.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    @anonellis I will definitely report back after the classes!

Regarding bassinets. I went a similar route. I got the Bumbleride Indie Twin stroller with the bassinet attachments, and plan on putting the bassinets in a Moses basket stand in our room for the first couple of months. They don't sell a stand that is specific to my stroller, so I've registered for these: https://www.amazon.com/Jolly-Jumper-Rocking-Basket-Expresso/dp/B001ENY02G/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1480991563&sr=8-1&keywords=jolly+jumper+moses+basket+stand at $50 each, a little more economical. There are contradictory reviews on whether or not the UppaBaby bassinet fits, though. 

I am still waiting on the stroller, and nothing has been purchased off my registry, so I'm not 100% sure that it will fit the Moses basket stand perfectly. Honestly (worst case scenario) I would leave them attached to the stroller and roll it into our room. 
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? - 27 weeks & 4 days. 

2. How many multiples are you expecting? What sex are they?  - Di/Di Twins - Boy/Girl

3. Any recent appointment updates? - Nothing exciting - next growth ultrasound is scheduled for Dec. 22nd

4. How are you feeling, symptoms, etc? Any current cravings or aversions? - I still really love sprite. Getting more and more uncomfortable honestly. The kicks are getting more and more frequent and honestly pretty painful at times!

5. Best moment with the babies this week? - We had our first shower this weekend. Our church family and a few other family were wonderful and so generous. It was great to see how loved our babies are even before they get here!

6. Have your holiday decorations changed this year due to being pregnant with multiples? - Honestly - I have nothing up. We bought a tree and it died and I can't get in the spirit to go get another one. Typically, my house looks like the north pole exploded but I think this year with Christmas being so close behind Thanksgiving, my lack of energy, and the nesting setting in where I want to clean and organize, not clutter up. I don't think we are going to do anything except for my nativity scene and stockings. 

7. What is your ideal birth plan? - I would love to be able to deliver these little ones vaginally with as little NICU time as possible. Other than that, I am pretty open. I will be having an epidural when I always wanted to try a med-free birth due to the risk of C-Section. 

8. Anything else you want to share this week, questions, concerns, etc? - 
    Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007
    One Furbaby - Adorable Pitt Mix
    15 Months TTC....2nd Cycle of Letrozole - Success!
    Expecting our first two little miracles - Boy/Girl Twins! - EDD March 3, 2017
    High Risk Pregnancy - Type 1 Diabetic; Hypothyroidism; Di/Di Twin Pregnancy

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    23 weeks

4: bggb
    We have an Appointment on Thursday. Hoping to be able to avoid hospital bedrest until after Christmas!
    very sore. It's getting harder and harder to walk and sleep. Also heartburn and restless legs at night that also drive me crazy!

5. Best moment with the babies this week? Being able to feel and SEE them moving!

6. Have your holiday decorations changed this year due to being pregnant with multiples? Decorations are currently non existent. I can't stand long enough to put any out and with me possibly being in the hospital for xmas I've been slacking.

Before we knew we were having quads I wanted to attempt a Vbac. Now I will have a c-section. My ideal birth will be making it to our first goal of 28 weeks for delivery, ideally I'll make it the full 34 weeks.
  • Options
    @Finallyhismrs07 Yay for your first shower! How exciting! I hear ya about not doing too many decorations. We usually go crazy, but we're listing our house tomorrow, and quite a few of our decorations take up a lot of space and require us moving our dining room table, which wouldn't look good to potential buyers, so tiny 3 foot tree it is!

@ccook1211 I hope your appointment goes well and you get to stay home until after Christmas! Oh restless legs at night are the worst! It happens so me sometimes when we're sitting on the couch and I put my legs over DHs. So uncomfortable. I would be super duper shocked if you made it to 34 weeks since I know most quads only make it to about 30. 34 would truly be the best miracle!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    WF7968WF7968 member
    edited December 2016
    1. How far along are you? 27 Weeks

2. How many multiples are you expecting? What sex are they? Di-Di boys

3. Any recent appointment updates? Went today for a growth US.  Boys are each weighing in at exactly 2lbs.  Everything else looking good, so no appointments for a month.  And to think I will be in single digit weeks when I go back.  Yikes!  It's getting real!!

4. How are you feeling, symptoms, etc? Any current cravings or aversions?  I gained 13 lbs last month which almost gave me a heart attack.  Trying to do better this month.  Only 2 lbs in 2 weeks so much better so far.  Christmas is going to be hard though.  

5. Best moment with the babies this week?  The babies are becoming much more active.  A was kicking B during the US today.  

6. Have your holiday decorations changed this year due to being pregnant with multiples? Not really.  Going all out for DD's last only child year. 

7. What is your ideal birth plan?  Unmedicated vaginally like I had with DD.  My doctor will let me as long as A is head down.  He's breech right now it still plenty of time to flip.  I've gotten 2 spinals with my cerclage placements and I have hard time with them wearing off so that's why I'd love to do unmedicated.  I also had a very quick recovery with DD.  At the end of the day though, I'm flexible to whatever option gets us 2 healthy babies.  

8. Anything else you want to share this week, questions, concerns, etc?  Trying to prepare DD for the boys arrival.  I'm a little sad for her losing some of our attention.  It's bittersweet to give her siblings which I hope she will treasure as much as I do mine (I'm 1 of 5) but I know it's going to rock her world.  Any time appreciated!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @anonellis - We plan to keep the babies in our room in a shared crib.  We put the other crib up in the nursery to use for napping.  I thought it was a lot easier to breast feed with DD in our room last time.  We'll probably move them to their nursery when I return to work.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @WF7968 that makes sense about keeping them in your room at first to breastfeed.  I think we are only going to set up one crib at first in the nursery (for naps etc) but have them sleep overnight in our rooms for as long as it works for us.  The thing is, we live in a tiny two bedroom apartment and I would love to keep the nursery somewhat functional as a guest room for as long as possible.  If we don't set up both cribs right away we can keep a full sized bed in there for my mom to visit, or me or my husband to sleep in for a night if one of us has to get up early.  It's a lot to think about!

On the plus side -- I passed my 3 hour glucose test!  If only I didn't have such bad reflux and could binge on pizza to celebrate...