Monday BF 12-5

Vent.
Pregnancy Ticker
Mother of an April '15 baby
Due December 16

Re: Monday BF 12-5

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @AbriannaO the new cell phone contracts are ridiculous! DH and I are due for an upgrade on phones, but after looking into the new lease your phone or buy it outright we decided to keep what we have until they no longer work. I smashed my screen last week and thought maybe I'd be able to get a new phone but nope, too difficult, easier and cheaper to just replace the glass. We also had issues with AT&T when we signed up, the bill was never what they quoted us. I don't know how they can get away with it. So, I feel for you! Good luck!
  • Options
    Somehow I got food poisoning. So I'm living on the toilet today. Grrrr

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    Ugh @DiFazette that sounds pretty awful... you deserve a poor me moment for sure.  I hope the thrush clears up for all of you soon and that your nips can get some relief!
  • Options
    @SaraRose83 Sorry you feel like you were pressured into something you didn't want to do.  :'( My OB liked to throw around the still birth risks weeks ago when we were just taking about post-term protocol. It definitely feels like fear mongering some times.  
  • Options
    So yesterday my mother who I haven't had any contact with in almost a year except for when she came to my house in October begging for forgiveness and to be in mine and LOs life(I gave her a chance, she chose drugs over us) & The night before Thanksgiving where she once again popped up at my house uninvited and unannounced and I ignored the door and let her leave and texted her later that night and said I didn't appreciate her just popping up at my house and bringing other people with her, she caught ab attitude with me when she tried to give me a sob story to try to wiggle her way back into my life and I told her I don't care I don't have any sympathy or forgiveness or compassion in my heart for someone that chose drugs over their child and grandchild, she got pissed with me and proceeded to tell me that i chose my husband over my family and I had to correct her and say no I just keep my distance because they're all a bunch of drug addicts and alcoholics and backstabbers and nothing but drama and I don't have time for it. 
    She texted last night begging once again saying that she's sorry for everything she's done that's made me feel the way I feel about her and that she loves me and my son more than we'll ever know and he means more to her than anyone will ever understand and that she hoped I can find it in my heart to forgive her and let her be in my son's life and she won't let me down this time around and I just ignored the message because I've given her too many chances all my life and it's gotten us nowhere but where we are now and I just want to be happy and im very happy with where I am in life. I love her and would love nothing more than to have her around but I know it'll just end in heartbreak again. 
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your support! I think I will put in a complaint and tell them I don't want to see her again. I scheduled my next appointment with another doc and I'll tell her too that I felt pushed into the membrane sweep and that I felt under pressure to induce. My fear is her being the one on call to deliver my baby. I'm going to try to request that another doc is called in if that happens. Thank goodness I'll have my doula in the room with me, but that doc is just not respectful of my preferences at all. 

I agree, it's totally fear-mongering and trying to create guilty feelings. It's so inappropriate that some docs use their authority to try to push people around. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @wynterwaddell ugh I'm so sorry you're dealing with this right now. Navigating healthy boundaries with family can be tough even in the best case scenarios, but when you add elements of dysfunction involving addicition and substance abuse... it's just plain painful. Hugs❤️
  • Options
    @wynterwaddell I am so sorry you are going through that. I have family members with addiction issues too, and it's really hard because it just seems like a never ending roller coaster of forgiveness and betrayal and that can make you hard so you can protect yourself. But it sounds like you are setting boundaries, so you're standing up for yourself and your family.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    3 weeks after our baby shower I asked the person who self-appointed themselves to take photos how the photos turned out. Turns out she forgot to put a memory card in her camera. Seriously?!  No one else took pics bc she was walking around with her camera  :|
  • Options
    @Christinaruth74 Yeah it's definitely complicated but over time I've just learned to deal with it. I don't worry about it anymore. k guess I've mostly been a doormat for my family most of my life because I never really spoke up about anything because I just didn't feel like arguing and there was already enough conflict around all the time so I think they're just not used to me speaking up and saying how I feel and setting boundaries but I have to say I definitely feel much better now that I'm not the doormat anymore. In time they'll get over it if not ohwell. I'm an adult and I don't need anyone to try to force themselves into my life unwelcomed. That's one of my grandmother's biggest problems with me now is the fact that she's got serious control problems. I lived with her on and off throughout my life and she has always controlled everything her kids done, her youngest daughter is 23 with 3 kids and she doesn't have a licence and  can't drive either and can't cook if it doesn't come out of a box with instructions because my grandmother is such a control freak she would never teach her to drive or to cook and she has just now gotten her very first job at a waffle House because she's lived with my grandmother her whole life and my grandmother always said either she didn't need to get a job or drive or anything or she wouldn't be able to get one because she never finished school. All of my aunt's and uncles have always lived with her and she's always basically controlled Everything they done. My mother has only held down one or two jobs because she's never wanted to work anyways and my grandmother always done the same thing with her and always lived with her and let her be in control so she doesn't like the fact that I'm not letting her control my life. Even after I moved out and got married she still tried it and then when I found out I was pregnant she called me raising hell because she's not gonna be in control and be in control of how my children are raised. When I lived there before I got nsrried I didn't have a job and couldn't drive or anything  because she wouldn't take Me to work and she wouldn't teach me but after I moved out ad got marriedvi got a job ad can drive and all if the things I should have been able to before and now I have a baby coming and a nice house and a nice car and s good loving husband that works everyday to take care of us and I get to be a stay at home mom and wife and I'm happy with that. A lot has changed for Me. I'm past all of te bad things and I'm just looking forward to a happy healthy life and family. 

• Options
    wynterwaddellwynterwaddell member
    edited December 2016
    @SaraRose83 I've had to learn to set boundaries and everything for the sake of my family and our happiness and so far it's worked out well and it will continue to work. But it's just hard sometimes because a part of you loves them and wants to forgive them and let them in but you can't because you know it'll end the way it always does. 
  • Options
    DH made dinner (chicken, mushroom, pasta thing) and he put a whole bunch of crushed red pepper flakes. Wtf. I can't eat that right now. My mouth is on fire from the small amount I ate, can only imagine how my stomach acts later.
  • Options
    @wynterwaddell Exactly. I've seen some family members recover for a few years and I try to cherish those, knowing I can lose them again at any time, but I've learned to set my expectations to their addictions being cyclical. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's obviously not Monday anymore, but when has that ever stopped a rant?
    My doctor appointment got me down this morning. First, I was scheduled at 8:30 and didn't see my doctor until 9:30. I sat buck naked from the waist down in the most boring cold room for 45 minutes :|   Next, she had a small conversation with me about all of my numbers, including my immense weight gain.  I've very consistently gained a chunk of weight every single time I've gone in - never in spurts, but it never slows down. I've gained (gulp) 75 pounds. I'm trying not to stress about it because I truly don't understand it as I am a pretty healthy individual with good habits.  Sure I'm not a rabbit eater and am by no means perfect, but I have walked a lot throughout my pregnancy and eat a lot of fruits & veggies.  
    Next, she went over all of the possibilities of what is to come in the next week and a half if little man doesn't make his grand appearance... which I am not dilated at all and his head isn't engaged so soon isn't looking promising.  It was a lot harder than I thought hearing about the chances of a long labor/delivery/possible c-section.  I know shes' just trying to prepare me for the worst, but I didn't take it in stride as well as I normally do.  I'm a religious person and definitely am trying to just give it to God and know it's His way, not mine, but am struggling.
    I feel like these hormones got me all over the place - I am handling some things way better than I expected, then others not well at all. There's no point in stressing over a voluntary labor that I cannot control, but I'm starting to see where the anxiety really starts to creep in for those overdue.
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @temmetime Have you tried a birth ball/peanut ball? I was able to get E from -3 to 0 in 4 hours of bouncing, and hip circling on a peanut ball. It might help or it might just make a decent chair once LO is here.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    @Kate08Young I have not, but will give it a try!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    zubenescamali  THANK YOU :)<3
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @temmetime - having your OB prepare you for the worst case is definitely something that can feel frustrating.  Three different doctors told me my LO was breech from weeks 30-36 but that they "didn't worry about it" until week 36 and got me pretty worked up and concerned about a version or an C-section and then at 36 weeks, LO was right where he needed to be.  I feel like I wasted a lot of energy worrying but then if he had been breech and no one had warned me I would have felt frustrated as well. But my anyway it seems like there is still time for baby to drop and some babies won't  do it until your in labor.  Agree that walking and bouncing on a ball should help.
  • Options
    Just chiming in to say screw that @temmetime! I fully agree with the other comments and think the whole "worst case scenario " prep is a ridiculous approach unless there are clear red flags. Babies can go from unengaged to locked and loaded and born in weeks, days, or hours. It was about 1 day for my DS. Your body is not broken. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    i'm late to the BF but....don't freaking ask me "no baby yet?" while you are staring at my obviously pregnant body..baby is obviously still in there! I should have replied "yeah I left her at home for the day" *eyeroll*

and WHILE I'm trying to keep busy...everyday that goes by and me not going into labor on my own and getting one day closer to my induction date has me stressed out :/
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Late BF here too. MIL wants to come stay with us for two weeks after the holidays to "help" us... and she keeps telling DH that the way we are going about certain things is wrong. Like we should add cereal to her milk, she should be sleeping thru the night by now (3 wks), and on and on and on. She asked my husband if he was reading Dr. Spock and when he said he was taking advice of our doctors, she said they must be reading Dr. Spock who "knows nothing" about taking care of a baby.

I know if she stays here i *will* lose my shit and do irreparable damage to our relationship. (She is the type to never forget a perceived slight and is always super negative. The first thing she said when we told her LOs name was "that is [BIL]'s ex-wife's name")

I really appreciate the offer for help but i know it will drive me nuts having her here to comment on everything. I have to call her tomorrow and i am absolutely dreading it. Is it wrong to say that we dont need the help? 

• Options
    I love this board. Thank you ladies - I'm so fortunate to be here and am so glad to have someone to turn to in tough moments. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @ea301 - why are you calling MIL and not your DH?  I would probably make him do it.  If I had to I'd probably say I appreciate the offer but am not feeling up for visitors and leave it at that.  If you elaborate on being tired or overwhelmed she'll use it as a reason to support her case of coming to stay.