December 2016 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change

Since I imagine @cayaylonglegs might be busy with that whole baby-having thing, I figured I'd start the thread this week.

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

How are you feeling?

What's going on this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions

GTKY:  Are you doing anything holiday-related to celebrate the new baby?

December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave

Re: Monday Ticker Change

• Options

How far along are you?

37 Weeks - Past another threshold, baby!

How big is baby?

Tackle box, a striped skunk, a honeydew melon

How are you feeling?

Decent. I'm feeling relatively full of baby in the evenings, and it's more difficult to get comfortable. But it's not as bad as it was last time. I am getting more pelvic pain off and on, so I think the little thing is considering some droppage here and there and just not committing.

The usual weekly appointment. I'll find out about my butt-swab test results. Last time I was positive, so I'm not all that worried either way. Oh and I have a meeting to FINALLY discuss maternity leave plans with my boss today (the last two meetings have been cancelled out of nowhere). I'm excited to finally be able to lay out a solid plan.

Rants/Raves/Questions

DH snored so much last night, and I couldn't get him to wake up to turn except for one time. And when he did turn, he complained about how uncomfortable he was. I didn't punch him, which I think was pretty big of me. He feels really bad about it today. But I'm just SO tired.

DH bought her a Christmas stocking like back in June (he really likes planning those little things in advance). Otherwise, she's not getting anything from us except for the gift of life.

December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    I may be the only person still pregnant with all these birth announcements...
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're not the only one here @LinziLoo09!

How far along are you?

39 weeks

How big is baby?

TB says: Pumpkin  

Pumpkin that I picture:

How are you feeling?

Decent. I get really down on myself with how large I feel all over - My maternity jeans could not get any tighter and even my comfy pants are clothing items that I am selective about. Just keeping my head up!  I am also more uncomfortable in the evenings and typically attribute it to the way baby must be laying.

The usual weekly appointment which have all been very uneventful.  I decided that today would be a great day for time off so I'm leaving at 12. I'm kind of a stubborn person and haven't hardly taken any PTO since becoming pregnant to save as much as possible.. so I'm internally celebrating my decision to take a half day.

Rants/Raves/Questions

DH has been snoring also!! I just tap him a few times and he wakes up enough for him to stop, but doesn't usually remember it the next morning so win-win. When I let him know he snored he says "Oh you think I was snoring, you were sawing logs last night!" HEY now.. I have a better excuse!

I just want a few adorable pictures of him sleeping with the Christmas tree lights behind him. I'm doing this whole thing where I expect nothing.. that way if we end up feeling up do things, great, but then we don't feel obligated since he'll be so little.

Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @temmetime - I'm entirely in leggings-as-pants mode these days due to discomfort. I attempt to wear tops that cover my butt, but let's be honest, no one is looking at that anymore. And I'm more uncomfortable in evenings as well - I've always attributed it to having a day's worth of food in my cramped stomach that still needs to be digested and evacuated. But that could be all in my head...
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options

How far along are you?

I'm still here too! 37 weeks

How big is baby?

Lettuce? 

How are you feeling?

I got sick for the second time in 6 weeks last week. It's mostly gone but I'm left with this horrific strong cough. I already had a tender spot under my right breast where baby is kicking the crap out of me and now every time I cough it burns there. Stretched muscle? I can't get comfortable. Also getting regular heartburn -- I've turned into my grandma...chewing on tums for kicks.

Had weekly appt this morning with NST. Growth scan (due to GD) tomorrow. NST Thursday morning. 

Rants/Raves/Questions

My doc said she doesn't let GD mamas using medication to go past 39 weeks (hospital group policy). She kept saying we would schedule induction next time we met... Then she went on a 2.5 week trip to Europe! I was meeting with nurse practitioner and asking her about dates bc doc only schedules on Wednesdays so it was either going to be 14 or 21. Since 12/21 is 39.3 she told me that probably wouldn't be an option and we'd do the 14th. My parents are flying almost 3000 miles to be here so they arranged their flight to get in on the 13th. Today doc comes back and she tells me she'll have me come in the night of the 20th. I have mixed feelings about this-- obviously the more time in there the better, but I'm such a planner and this is a wrench in what I've been expecting!

Nope! 

• Options

How far along are you? 38 Weeks!

How big is baby? Winter melon - we don't have those in Houston so I'm going with ~ 6.5 pound baby!

How are you feeling? Exhausted. I am just so over commuting to work and putting in a full day. Ugh.

What's going on this week? 38 week appointment on Friday - will do a check.

Rants/Raves/Questions: I am ready to be on maternity leave SO BAD. If one more nosy coworker comes to my office while I am working to make small talk about this baby and ask if he is here yet I'm going to scream! If he were here, I wouldn't be here. He has 2 weeks left! And on a Monday morning when I am getting files ready for court (I'm an attorney) is the absolute WRONG time to come ask me stupid questions while drinking your coffee. Ugh. 

GTKY:  Are you doing anything holiday-related to celebrate the new baby? I celebrate Hannukah and we have him a special outfit. I will snap some good photos with our tree (we do a Hannukah tree/bush). We will also go to my parents' house to celebrate Christmas with them.

• Options
    Miss you all!

DS has a stocking, and I have a coupe outfits for him to wear Christmas Eve (with DH's family) and Christmas Day (with my family). It'll be my parent's first Christmas as grandparents, and they're planning on bringing my grandparents to town to see their newest great-grandson.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker